NBC Sports Edge Forums

Playoff 2021 Predictions pt 2 - Divisional Weekend

Saturday, Jan. 16

NFC No. 6 seed Los Angeles Rams at NFC No. 1 seed Green Bay Packers, 4:35 p.m. ET (FOX, FOX Deportes)
AFC No. 5 seed Baltimore Ravens at AFC No. 2 seed Buffalo Bills, 8:15 p.m. ET (NBC, Universo)
Sunday, Jan. 17

AFC No. 6 seed Cleveland Browns at AFC No. 1 seed Kansas City Chiefs, 3:05 p.m. ET (CBS, CBS All Access, ESPN Deportes)
NFC No. 5 seed Tampa Bay Buccaneers at NFC No. 2 seed New Orleans Saints, 6:40 p.m. ET (FOX, FOX Deportes)

Let me have your predictions!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Packers Ravens  Chiefs  Tom Brady   

Browns are going to be more competitive than folks think.  Mahomes and his crew will have 3 weeks of rust to shake off after the bye and not playing week 17.  KC run defense is average at best also so

Packers win by 10 or so, only avoiding a blowout with a late, harmless TD Ravens edge the Bills.  Lamar does something heroic again, and Baltimore's D outplays Buffalo's Brady topples Brees

Posted Images

Browns are going to be more competitive than folks think.  Mahomes and his crew will have 3 weeks of rust to shake off after the bye and not playing week 17.  KC run defense is average at best also so Chubb and Hunt might have good days.  And if Mayfield plays at even 50% of how he did at PIT they have a real shot at winning.

• Like 2

The Steelers were fading for over a month, I think the Chiefs run the ball better than expected in this one. I also believe the Rams are going to face a much better team. Same with the Ravens, so KC, GB & Buffalo for sure. The Bears committed a lot of unforced errors, which I don't expect from the Bucs. So Tampa is my only upset team. I didn't participate last week, but if I had, I would've only gotten three of the games right. :)  

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

The Steelers were fading for over a month, I think the Chiefs run the ball better than expected in this one. I also believe the Rams are going to face a much better team. Same with the Ravens, so KC, GB & Buffalo for sure. The Bears committed a lot of unforced errors, which I don't expect from the Bucs. So Tampa is my only upset team. I didn't participate last week, but if I had, I would've only gotten three of the games right. :)  

Don't think Tampa is an upset.  Brady looked sharper this game than he has in a while, hitting throws accurately and still able to rip longer throws.  Brees on the other hand looks like a thin shadow of his peak days.  Saints D is still good enough to carry them to a win and even maybe a SB like Broncos did with the empty husk of PFM a few years ago.  TB held Kamara to 75 rush yards last game too so they likely can't rely on him to save their bacon this go-around. 

4 hours ago, jumper said:

Browns are going to be more competitive than folks think.  Mahomes and his crew will have 3 weeks of rust to shake off after the bye and not playing week 17.  KC run defense is average at best also so Chubb and Hunt might have good days.  And if Mayfield plays at even 50% of how he did at PIT they have a real shot at winning.

He's going to have to do more than that. I wouldn't count on KC spotting them 28 in the first quarter.

4 hours ago, jumper said:

I'm not a fan of sitting your players in week 17 at all. At least play them the first half. They play on the 17th and the last time a lot of these starters played was on the 27th of last year. 

• Like 1

Chiefs haven't beaten anyone easily in a LONG time.  Every game has been too close.  Browns are on fire and scored 48 points on a way better defense.  It'd be foolish to think KC takes this one easy.

2 hours ago, kdko said:

Chiefs haven't beaten anyone easily in a LONG time.  Every game has been too close.  Browns are on fire and scored 48 points on a way better defense.  It'd be foolish to think KC takes this one easy.

Agreed. Cleveland plus 10 seems like a great bet. Not a gambling man, but that one is sort of tempting. Could totally see KC starting slow and winning a close game. 

• Like 1

My predictions: 2 very close games that can go either way, and one blow-out.

Rams over Packers (+0.5): I think the Rams are underrated. On the other hand, the Packers are extremely strong this year and it seems Rodgers is a man with a mission. Should be a fun game.

Bills over Ravens (+0.5): Again incredibly close and hopefully a great game between two very exciting young QBs.

Chiefs over Browns (+5.5): The Browns beat the Steelers on motivation, but the Chiefs are just on another level.

Saints over Bucs (+2): Two very experienced QBs and exciting offenses. Should be a nice shootout, and I think the Saints will have the advantage there.

Chiefs > Browns 

I think Kansas City wins because they're a better football team. But, I do have some concerns and I think that game will be closer than people think. The Browns can legitimately score points and they're well balanced with an outstanding OL. Their secondary is god awful. BUT, KC really has not played well in about a month and they rested their starters week 17. Rust. 2011 Green Bay vibes? 

Packers > Rams 

Rams just aren't dynamic enough offensively and the problem is their QB. Excellent defense will keep the game close for three quarters. 

Ravens > Bills 

Bills have had issues stopping the run this year and didn't do a good job at all defending the TEs of the Colts. Josh Allen is having a special season but the Ravens defense will be one of the best he's played this year (since they're healthy for a change) and I think their secondary matches up with Buffalo's pass catchers. Also, the Bills don't run the football that well. Playoffs are all about matchups, The Titans, in my opinion, match up better against Baltimore than Buffalo.  

Buccaneers > Saints 

I just can't imagine Tom Brady losing to the same team three times in the same season. 

21 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Agreed. Cleveland plus 10 seems like a great bet. Not a gambling man, but that one is sort of tempting. Could totally see KC starting slow and winning a close game. 

I don't know.  Pittsburgh was rolling on them.    I don't expect 4 turnovers from the Chiefs.