Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Playoff 2021 Predictions pt 2 - Divisional Weekend


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

I don't know.  Pittsburgh was rolling on them.    I don't expect 4 turnovers from the Chiefs. 

Right, but 10 points is a big spread in any playoff game. The Bucs only beat WFT by 8 points. The Chiefs could win the game fairly easily, and still not cover 10. Something like 35-27, with Cleveland scoring a "too little, too late" TD is realistic. The Browns could also just possibly keep the game close throughout. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Packers Ravens  Chiefs  Tom Brady   

Browns are going to be more competitive than folks think.  Mahomes and his crew will have 3 weeks of rust to shake off after the bye and not playing week 17.  KC run defense is average at best also so

Packers win by 10 or so, only avoiding a blowout with a late, harmless TD Ravens edge the Bills.  Lamar does something heroic again, and Baltimore's D outplays Buffalo's Brady topples Brees

Posted Images

Packers win by 10 or so, only avoiding a blowout with a late, harmless TD

Ravens edge the Bills.  Lamar does something heroic again, and Baltimore's D outplays Buffalo's

Brady topples Brees by a TD.   

Chiefs just kick the **** out of the Browns.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 12:51 AM, Deuce1042 said:

Ravens > Bills 

"Bills have had issues stopping the run this year and didn't do a good job at all defending the TEs of the Colts. Josh Allen is having a special season but the Ravens defense will be one of the best he's played this year (since they're healthy for a change) and I think their secondary matches up with Buffalo's pass catchers. Also, the Bills don't run the football that well. Playoffs are all about matchups, The Titans, in my opinion, match up better against Baltimore than Buffalo."  

 

What Buffalo does offensively that really sucks are those scripted carries by Allen. A real run has the QB under center, the ball is snapped & the ballcarrier explodes out of his stance. By the time he's at the point of attack he's nearly at full speed or capable of. Of course, RBs, theirs for sure, are quicker & faster than Allen. But no, place Allen back there in the gun, hike it to him and, and from a standstill...yeah, ok. Huge target & runs high, very upright. Serving him up to be 'caked into next week sometime is something a smart coach would choose to avoid. Like Tampa, they're along the bottom rung when it comes to creatively in their run scheme. A handoff is just something to keep the defense honest.

So, the theory is get after Allen & force Singletary to beat us. Problem is, that's how they've been defended the whole year! Go to player profiler & check Devin Singletary's "formation-specific" data, it's ridiculous. The Bills just beat a very good Colts defense. That the Ravens have advanced to this game & the Colts haven't doesn't mean the Ravens are the better team. Love Lamar Jackson, but when are they going to get him a legit primary? Oh, Marquise Brown, a 5'8" 170lb. speed guy? Still a lot of Josh Allen neggie action going on in here.  

 

 

Edited by markrc99
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, markrc99 said:

 

What Buffalo does offensively that really sucks are those scripted carries by Allen. A real run has the QB under center, the ball is snapped & the ballcarrier explodes out of his stance. By the time he's at the point of attack he's nearly at full speed or capable of. Of course, RBs, theirs for sure, are quicker & faster than Allen. But no, place Allen back there in the gun, hike it to him and, and from a standstill...yeah, ok. Huge target & runs high, very upright. Serving him up to be 'caked into next week sometime is something a smart coach would choose to avoid. Like Tampa, they're along the bottom rung when it comes to creatively in their run scheme. A handoff is just something to keep the defense honest.

So, the theory is get after Allen & force Singletary to beat us. Problem is, that's how they've been defended the whole year! Go to player profiler & check Devin Singletary's "formation-specific" data, it's ridiculous. The Bills just beat a very good Colts defense. That the Ravens have advanced to this game & the Colts haven't doesn't mean the Ravens are the better team. Love Lamar Jackson, but when are they going to get him a legit primary? Oh, Marquise Brown, a 5'8" 170lb. speed guy? Still a lot of Josh Allen neggie action going on in here.  

 

 

 

The Ravens beat the Colts by two TDs on the road earlier this year. But again it's all about matchups.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Deuce1042 said:

"The Ravens beat the Colts by two TDs on the road earlier this year. But again it's all about matchups."  

 

You're right the Ravens did win the earlier matchup. But there's a very good reason why the Colts weren't who we thought they were that day! ... and as soon as I find out why they weren't... I'll be back!!! :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

LAR +6.5 @ GB - GB wins but the Rams' elite D keeps it within the number. Ramsey vs Adams = Rams have a chance to win if Akers goes Wild Card II. Rodgers is going to have a soiled uni tomorrow guaranteed. Bob Woods needs to step up...

BAL +2 @ BUFF - I'm betting against Allen one more time after last year's playoff debacle. The BAL defense is the type of defense where that could be repeated. If Allen is on point - this pick will be WRONG. I'm betting on the Ravens' D to earn Lamar and Co a Championship berth.

KC -10 v CLE - CLE has the worst defense remaining in the playoffs. You'd be harder pressed to explain how they cover this spread vs not. KC wins and covers.

NO -3 v TB - Brady had one of the worst games of his career a few weeks ago against NO. There is a lot of experience on both sides but in this divisional rivalry part III talent wins - and NO sweeps imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

The predictions so far:

image.png.9ac3fb71eb75d3d36ae481e01b1ca0b2.png

Wow, the Rams have about as good a chance as the Bills? I just read that the Ravens blitz more than anybody & no QB has been better than Allen vs the blitz. Do the Ravens blitz that frequently because they can't get home w/o it? If that's the case, I mean, I suppose, but I don't see it happening. Despite a teensie-tiny catch radius, I like Devin Singletary in this game. Another sleeper I like this week is Allen Lazard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres my prediction, my 4 leg parlay

1.  Money line  Gb

2. Money line KC

reason:  i just dont trust spreads over a td at times, especially in playoffs, and i really wouldnt bet these if i couldnt stack them, they are just to sweeten my parlay.

the real bets...(i love overs, hate rooting for unders)

balt/buf, and gb/la hit the over, im not confident in the other two so threw them out

Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting on the Bruins pregame, on The Lombardi Line they said that 89% of the bets were on Green Bay but 69% of the money is taking the points. That Rams defense is built to defend the pass & the Packers struggled to stop the run. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, markrc99 said:

Waiting on the Bruins pregame, on The Lombardi Line they said that 89% of the bets were on Green Bay but 69% of the money is taking the points. That Rams defense is built to defend the pass & the Packers struggled to stop the run. 

Yeah I keep thinking back to last years GB-Niners game, when the Packers got smoked by a team that had no interested in throwing the ball. Obviously a lot has changed since then, but no Baktihari and a still-bad run has me feeling less confident then I did when I first thought the Packers would roll

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...