Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Frankie Montas 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

nice to see a gem after getting bombed on by min. in late april.

been a little better lately any evidence to think he has turned a corner closer to 2019 montas? looking like a whip killer

Edited by colepenhagen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Oh Frankie. I don’t think this is going to work out.

 Just too difficult to predict when the implosions are gonna happen.

 The latest turd against the hapless Mariners is the last straw for me.  Good luck to those who remain aboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Oh Frankie. I don’t think this is going to work out.

 Just too difficult to predict when the implosions are gonna happen.

 The latest turd against the hapless Mariners is the last straw for me.  Good luck to those who remain aboard.

k'd the side in the 6th. have to hold

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

k'd the side in the 6th. have to hold

Yea. Rallied in this one. Still, too much a ratio torcher for me to continue holding.  I’d say he’s a streamer, but I can’t ever predict when he’s gonna implode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

anyone crazy tonight to start him in Colorado?

Of course…no Story here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am dreading starting him but have to since it is Best Ball. Hopefully he can get a quality start here. I am expecting him to give up 6 runs (trying to do the reverse jinx). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Daytraders2019 said:

Dealing today. 

 

Almost had a very clean 7 inn. game. Couldn't get out of the inning with 2 outs. Still a great line. The K's disappeared after the 4th inning.

 

Tidbit: Astros Hitters 1,2,3,4 in the lineup went a combined 0-12. Hitters 5,6,7 went a combined 5-8 against Montas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

 

Almost had a very clean 7 inn. game. Couldn't get out of the inning with 2 outs. Still a great line. The K's disappeared after the 4th inning.

 

Tidbit: Astros Hitters 1,2,3,4 in the lineup went a combined 0-12. Hitters 5,6,7 went a combined 5-8 against Montas.

He was missing location pretty badly in the 7th inning. I assume he was getting tired. Had multiple 2 strike pitches that were either right over the middle of the plate, or so wildly outside the zone that the batter had no swing decision to make at all. Overall a very solid line, but disappointing final inning + considering where he was after 5

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

2nd straight 10K outing, 3rd in the last 4. He's pitching lights out-2.30/1.02 with 40ks in 31.1 IP in the last 30 with a couple Ws. He looks to have rounded into form and is shoving ATM. He could actually challenge Bassitt for the #2 spot in the rotation behind Manaea, as things are shaping up, and if you're looking for an upside SP to acquire in the last days before the fantasy trade deadline, I'd target Montas. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Big outing last night in a game Oakland absolutely had to have, snapping the Yankees 13 game win streak with 7 IP, 2 H, 1 BB and 6ks. He's been even stronger over the past month, with a win, 2.03/1.00 and 35ks across 31 IP. He's been one of the best pitchers in the game since the ASB, and hasn't allowed more than 3 ER since June 21, with 8 QS in that span. Its been quite a turn around for Montas, who had an awful start and was dropped in a few leagues. If you took my advice and acquired him a month ago, good for you, he's become the de facto ace of the A's with Chris Bassitt down for the year and Manaea struggling.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Richard Kimble said:

Big outing last night in a game Oakland absolutely had to have, snapping the Yankees 13 game win streak with 7 IP, 2 H, 1 BB and 6ks. He's been even stronger over the past month, with a win, 2.03/1.00 and 35ks across 31 IP. He's been one of the best pitchers in the game since the ASB, and hasn't allowed more than 3 ER since June 21, with 8 QS in that span. Its been quite a turn around for Montas, who had an awful start and was dropped in a few leagues. If you took my advice and acquired him a month ago, good for you, he's become the de facto ace of the A's with Chris Bassitt down for the year and Manaea struggling.

In my points league he's up to SP24 on the year, and number four over the last two months. He's taken the throne away from Gausman for best splitter throwing pitcher in the game, and it is nasty. 

 

https://www.pitcherlist.com/frankie-montas-splitter-and-the-nastiest-pitches-from-8-3/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

In my points league he's up to SP24 on the year, and number four over the last two months. He's taken the throne away from Gausman for best splitter throwing pitcher in the game, and it is nasty. 

 

https://www.pitcherlist.com/frankie-montas-splitter-and-the-nastiest-pitches-from-8-3/

Not even close on the splitter point - Gausman’s has been way more effective - but he has been good - even after presumably putting down the PEDs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, BMcP said:

Not even close on the splitter point - Gausman’s has been way more effective - but he has been good - even after presumably putting down the PEDs.

On the year Gausman has definitely been better, but over the last 14/30/60 days Montas blows him away in splitter effectiveness and pretty much any other metric. I don't even feel comfortable starting Gausman in my playoff matchups. I'm crowning Montas the splitter king, but he could lose that title very quickly just like the feel for his splitter. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

On the year Gausman has definitely been better, but over the last 14/30/60 days Montas blows him away in splitter effectiveness and pretty much any other metric. I don't even feel comfortable starting Gausman in my playoff matchups. I'm crowning Montas the splitter king, but he could lose that title very quickly just like the feel for his splitter. 

Would you mind citing a source?  I’d be interested in checking out where you’re drawing that data from?  Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...