NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robin Lopez 2020-2021 Outlook

Picked this guy up after I heard the Bryant news. I distinctly remember him being a fantasy nightmare to go up against when he got starter minutes in Chicago during the 2018-2019 season. Rebounds, fg%, blocks and occasionally some steals will be added in for good measure. Should be a good end of bench big ROS, assuming no massive trades take place 

Edited by justaguy
5 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

16 first half minutes and the team is winning comfortably. Worth a standard league pickup now? Seems he is the center to own in Was now

It's gonna be situational, but if you're in dire need for boards, fg%, chance for a block a game go for it, also depends on who you're dropping.

1 minute ago, rocky7st said:

Dam where did these boards come from, barely had any games with this many even with the minutes

Suns bricks a lot of shot and no westbrook,lol

Similar story and reaction from this forum when he went off as a starter for the Bulls midway through the season. His size and aggressive style of play is conducive for boards and stocks

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

It's gonna be situational, but if you're in dire need for boards, fg%, chance for a block a game go for it, also depends on who you're dropping.

Yea I took a chance on him specifically for those cats. Not a believer in Wagner just yet but there's plenty of time for that to change.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Robin Lopez 2020-2021 Outlook
5 minutes ago, thusanaysayer said:

I have very poor memory.. when RoLo was last relevant, what was he good for other than boards and respectable points... steals, blocks??

He's not that good of a rebounder for a center, think his per 36 is around 8 boards. If he's gonna see around 20-25 min, I don't see him averaging much more than 1 block a game. 

20 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He's not that good of a rebounder for a center, think his per 36 is around 8 boards. If he's gonna see around 20-25 min, I don't see him averaging much more than 1 block a game. 

if he give 50% fg 70% ft with 10 pts 6 boards and 1 block on average, I'll be a happy man

In Scott Brooks’ rotation, his star players play as many minutes as they can handle. The others are just role players. He’ll play a roleplayer more when he gets hot, and then bench him when he gets cold. Ex. TBJ, GPJ, etc. the worst case is RoLo and Wagner split minutes in season’s average and Rui gets some minutes at C too. Brooks is just not so fantasy friendly for role players. 

This is basically the signal that Brooks needs to find something that'll keep his job. If Robin's defense is what gives him his best shot at winning/keeping his job, he probably goes with that choice.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2926383-report-scott-brooks-firmly-on-the-hot-seat-as-hc-amid-wizards-2-8-start

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, kane said:

Len to Wizards...umm...

He should carve a good roll with wizards.. just looking back at his 2018/2019 campaign Alex Len had some solid games... I thought he would have at least carved out consistent rotation minutes with raptors.. He definitely should challenge Lopez and Wagner... Or it could be some 3 way time share like Boston. 

27 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

The Wizards needed Depth in the backcourt? 

Bertans, Lopez, Wagner? That’s not enough?

Wizards need frontcourt, backcourt they already have Beal and Westbrook.  

bertans and Wagner have no rim protection while Lopez’s offence is bad since he can’t shoot outside, so they definitely need another big who can protect the rim and shoot 3s.  In fact I thought they would sign Dedmon but Len is not a bad option either.

30 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

The Wizards needed Depth in the backcourt? 

Bertans, Lopez, Wagner? That’s not enough?

They seem to like playing Bertans like a 4 more than 5. But I agree, this was an unnecessary signing which just makes the fantasy situation murkier for the C position.