NBC Sports Edge Forums

Evan Fournier 2020-2021 Outlook

18 minutes ago, lanyabatt said:

Are we all riding this dude out? Looks like the Magic are 4.5 games back from the 10th seed which would qualify them to be in the play in tournament. Are the Magic sellers or buyers come trade deadline?

I think they're sellers - that being said, if they plan on moving him, they'll need to showcase him. So ride him until the trade deadline

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This went well 

Please don’t get traded 🙏🏼

Posted Images

I dont think his role is going to be much different in Boston and likely going to get cleaner looks. However not sure there's enough pie in Boston for him to really eat

Edited by GuruPitka

As long as he gets 3s and efficient fg/ft.. that's all I care about. Not expecting a 20 pt avg!

but also tempted to drop him for the next FA pickup due to trades!

I think he might be a drop (depending on your league size).  I am definitely thinking about it myself (I'm in a 10 team, but I am not rushing this second to do it just yet).

He probably won't start over Smart, so he will be the main scorer in the second unit no question.  But unfortunately, he isn't going to play crunch time minutes unless they want to play Tatum at center.  So I don't think he is getting 30 mins a night. 

Great pickup for Celtics though. Fournier has great offensive game and playmakers too. 

Come on Ainge make a bigger splash and the you might get a playoff run!!!

2 minutes ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

NAW is sitting on my wire right now... is this guy actually worth holding in the Celtics? I feel like he will only score and 3s (He was getting some value from Rebs and Assists in the undermanned Magic)

NAW > Fournier, if Ball is traded. Thank me later.

2 minutes ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

NAW is sitting on my wire right now... is this guy actually worth holding in the Celtics? I feel like he will only score and 3s (He was getting some value from Rebs and Assists in the undermanned Magic)

I would consider Fournier a potential drop on a stacked 10T roster.  It’s situational for 12T leagues with 13+ player rosters. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NBA_OG said:

NAW > Fournier, if Ball is traded. Thank me later.

I know but isn't that still a BIG if? Plus we don't know what NOLA would be getting in return.

Anyway, back to Fournier, I honestly don't think he's a must-hold in anything other than 14-teamers right now but that's just my sincere opinion. The injury prone liability makes him tough to hold as the 4th or 5th scoring option.

1 hour ago, fawkes_mulder said:

LEGEND

GOOGLE IT, then go to google image search to see Evan Fournier's smiling face!

Well, I sure learned something today. Something I really didn’t want to but uhh... yeah. 🤢

• Haha 1

Soooo, not a good start w/ the new team. 0-6 at the half. If he doesn’t get hot in the 2nd half and salvage this stat line, I can hear the cries for drops coming from the media.

I’m happy about the 4 stocks.  Wondering if Evan’s defensive intensity was a product of him trying to make up for piss poor shooting (“can’t look this bad in my BOS debut”), a total fluke, or something that sticks going forward?