NBC Sports Edge Forums

Was offered their Chris Paul for my Jamal Murray. 

9-cat, Yahoo 

I like Murrat, but I'm pretty solid in points and could use bump assists n steals. 

Thoughts? WHIR

Edit: I also have Booker, so idk if that helps or hurts my situation

Edited by gregp

I like the move. I think CP3 will get better as the season progresses as he did last season. I don't think bubble Murray comes back and I do think Booker's assist numbers will go up to about 5-5.5. I think its a good move.

• Thanks 1

I def worry about having 2 high usage guys on the same team, and I worry about paul scoring less and shooting less threes.

But I could use some more assists and I assume Paul's steals will go up. I feel like they're both at risk to miss a similar amount of games. Tough call

Toughest thing for me is not knowing what the 2nd half schedule looks like - obviously fantasy playoff games will come into play here. Whoever has more playoff games would probably sway me but it's pretty even.

I think CP3 will get better as the season progresses like the above people mentioned and he'll be closer to last year's stat line, so if you need assists/steals, he's better. But Murray is less likely to get rested because of his age, and esp if there are seeding considerations IMO. I'd keep Murray for the time being unless you really need the bump in assists/steals. 

MINE:

• Thanks 1

I would take Paul. Assists are harder to get (and steals). hopefully Paul's numbers rise as season goes on (the has a track record). Murray will never be elite in steals or assists.

• Thanks 1