NBC Sports Edge Forums

WAS OFFERED DEANDRE AYTON FOR MY JARRET ALLEN & DEVONTE GRAHAM *WHIR*

12 Team H2H Yahoo League 

Categories: FGM FTM FT% 3PTM 3PT% PTS REB AST ST BLK TO

thinking this is a no brainer, am i wrong? while graham’s assists are nice, he’s a percentage killer. and jarret allen has been beasting, but he’s still no ayton....i’m banking on ayton turning it around obviously, but what’s the overwhelming thought here? 

take it. yes ayton is to good to not turn it around. he's the 2nd option of offense. and even if he full doesn't ayton's floor is = to jarret allen's ceiling. graham will most likely take a backseat to bal. if you are picking up someone from the wire that's decent then it's a total win.

thanks for the help with mine.

Edited by thrilla1nManila
  • Like 1

Not sure you're winning this deal bro. I can see ayton in the 40-50 range, but jarret allen is also gonna be there, if not higher.

The only reason i'd look at ayton over allen is you really need to recoup the FT% that allen is hurting you in, while keeping up the REBs.

Graham is a total drag... almost unrosterable - i would actually look to ship him in another package, or drop him for a FA.

I would trade for Ayton 100%. He's playing the worse that he can right now - he'll likely turn it around (I think both he and CP3 will play better as the team gels). With a PG like CP3, he'll have easier offensive options. I think Jarrett Allen tops out at around a prime-DeAndre Jordan and with that situation, I'd rather have Ayton.

MINE: 

I would take Ayton. You will feel a relief to pressure just dumping Graham. I like Allen but his numbers are inflated with KD and Irving out. Ayton has 1st round potential, or at least 2nd. Jarrett Allen represents his FLOOR.

Graham is terrible and only usable if your punting Fg% - this trade is essentially Ayton for Allen, and as good as Allen’s been and Ayton underwhelming I’d still back in Ayton here to be the higher ranked guy this season.

also by dumping Graham you hit the waiver wire for the best free agent or stream that last spot :)

Edited by bkw77
  • Like 1

If DAJ weren't lurking in BK, if the Nets were firing on all cylinders, if Kyrie weren't AWOL, I would likely just keep what I had. Every year, people break out or lose opportunities or have slumps, but I'm not seeing something fundamental in BK that would lead me to believe that Allen is always going to get this much run over DAJ or that they're even done with their roster. Neither am I thinking that Ayton is somehow going to be worse off playing with Point God. 

Two weeks ago, you would have only posted this to gloat. Go with that.

• Like 1