Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chicago Bears 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

At least they still have Kyle Fu-

 

...wait...

At least we can still rescind Alle-

 

...oh.  Oh no....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, colorado2013 said:

At least they got their man at QB.

Their name is connected to Marcus Mariota now too. Old meme time: All of your backup QB is belong to us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They better do one hell of a job in the draft or this is a lost season. Probably already is. They have 3 picks in the 6th round (2 comp picks).

Per https://www.chicagobears.com/:

The Bears now have eight picks in this year's draft: They own five of their seven selections in Rounds 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6. They also have a seventh-round pick they obtained last year from the Dolphins in exchange for tight end Adam Shaheen. The Bears traded their fourth-round choice to the Vikings during the 2020 draft to select outside linebacker Trevis Gipson in the fifth round and dealt their seventh-round choice to the Raiders in exchange for kicker Eddy Piñeiro.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With news of the Dolphins trading #3 to SF and then trading back up to get Philly's #6, any hope of a draft pick trade to be able to nab a Justin Fields or Trey Lance seems to be gone.

"QB1" may be ok enough for this year where they hope to just be somewhat competitive, but he's not the long term franchise answer.  

Given how abysmal the Bears are at drafting, even a tanking strategy might not be the answer.

This franchise blows.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The bears still have a good defense

and despite how you feel about Dalton, he’s an upgrade over Foles and Trubisky. Plus he’s cheap

If you think they’re gonna be awful simply because Fuller left, and you think Red rocket is somehow worse than Foles and Mitch, you need to stop falling for the memes

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't see why Dalton is a bad signing

Russ was a pipe dream and I'd take Dalton over the realistic options they had any day

He can definitely be solid with a good supporting cast

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

I still don't see why Dalton is a bad signing

Russ was a pipe dream and I'd take Dalton over the realistic options they had any day

He can definitely be solid with a good supporting cast

Really?  Over FitzMagic, Mariota, Tyrod, etc?  For the money they’re paying him, it really does seem like a bad signing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Really?  Over FitzMagic, Mariota, Tyrod, etc?  For the money they’re paying him, it really does seem like a bad signing.

You're implying Fitz, Mariota, and Tyrod are better than Dalton?

Wowwy.

10 mill for 1 year isnt even expensive

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chippa said:

You're implying Fitz, Mariota, and Tyrod are better than Dalton?

Wowwy.

10 mill for 1 year isnt even expensive

Not just implying in Fitz’s case - money being equal, you’d prefer Andy Dalton?  I would assume the other two I named could’ve been had for around the same.  And I think they provide more upside than you could ever hope for from Dalton.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Really?  Over FitzMagic, Mariota, Tyrod, etc?  For the money they’re paying him, it really does seem like a bad signing.

Definitely over the latter two

FitzMagic's ceiling is definitely higher (and way better for entertainment value) but ask yourself who has been more conducive to consistent winning football

I didn't think he was bad last year with a garbage OL in Dallas and he was pretty good until his last year in Cincinnati--way better than Mariota and Tyrod have ever been IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BMcP said:

Not just implying in Fitz’s case - money being equal, you’d prefer Andy Dalton?  I would assume the other two I named could’ve been had for around the same.  And I think they provide more upside than you could ever hope for from Dalton.

...Really?

Tyrod and Mariota? 

I can maybe understand the case for Mariota

but Tyrod??

 

 

spacer.png

I wont argue you out of your opinion, but... yeah.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mocha4313 said:

Definitely over the latter two

FitzMagic's ceiling is definitely higher (and way better for entertainment value) but ask yourself who has been more conducive to consistent winning football

I didn't think he was bad last year with a garbage OL in Dallas and he was pretty good until his last year in Cincinnati--way better than Mariota and Tyrod have ever been IMO

Yea the guy has been playing with trash offensive lines since 2016. 

It's comical

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chippa said:

...Really?

Tyrod and Mariota? 

I can maybe understand the case for Mariota

but Tyrod??

 

 

spacer.png

I wont argue you out of your opinion, but... yeah.

Is that Anthony Lynn responding to someone trying to talk him out of starting Tyrod over the best rookie (to-be) in history last season?

I’m genuinely curious as to where you see Dalton providing upside over a dual-threat QB - any dual-threat QB who has proven relatively competent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BMcP said:

Is that Anthony Lynn responding to someone trying to talk him out of starting Tyrod over the best rookie (to-be) in history last season?

I’m genuinely curious as to where you see Dalton providing upside over a dual-threat QB - any dual-threat QB who has proven relatively competent.

.....

Are we talking about Tyrod Taylor here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chippa said:

.....

Are we talking about Tyrod Taylor here?

The very same who netted himself $2.5M guaranteed for next year, yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

The very same who netted himself $2.5M guaranteed for next year, yes.

Tyrod Taylor is bad lmfaooo 

he's much worse than Dalton

Listen, it looks like you're pretty cemented in your opinion. I wont change that.

There are people who legit think a guy like Kirk Cousins is a bottom 10 qb. 

I dont even try to argue with those people

So you have a nice day

Edited by Chippa
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Tyrod Taylor is bad lmfaooo 

he's much worse than Dalton

Listen, it looks like you're pretty cemented in your opinion. I wont change that.

There are people who legit think a guy like Kirk Cousins is a bottom 10 qb. 

Im not even gonna tray to argue with those people

So you have a nice day

If by “cemented” you mean I explicitly asked you to explain why Dalton offers more upside than Tyrod?  Sure.

Dalton is making almost 5x more guaranteed than Tyrod next year - it doesn’t strike me that he’s worth that premium.  Yes, just my opinion.  But I, too, hope you are enjoying your day.

Edited by BMcP
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be realistic here, when you're debating between Dalton and Taylor as your starting QB - better luck next season.

Edited by trilly
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Definitely over the latter two

FitzMagic's ceiling is definitely higher (and way better for entertainment value) but ask yourself who has been more conducive to consistent winning football

I didn't think he was bad last year with a garbage OL in Dallas and he was pretty good until his last year in Cincinnati--way better than Mariota and Tyrod have ever been IMO

He definitely wasn’t bad - but I was talking about the decision to sign him to a fully guaranteed $10M contract as a whole.  I don’t think that was their best allocation of funds/cap space.  In fact, I think it was another in what has become a long succession of desperation signings by Pace to prolong his tenure - which - I must say - has worked well for him thus far!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trilly said:

Let's be realistic here, when you're debating between Dalton and Taylor as your starting QB - better luck next season.

bears made the playoffs with a combination of Trubisky and Foles.

Let's be real here

they upgraded. And im not saying this is a game changing upgrade, but it is in fact an upgrade.

Edited by Chippa
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chippa said:

bears made the playoffs with a combination of Trubisky and Foles.

Let's be real here

they upgraded. And im not saying this is a game changing upgrade, but it is in fact an upgrade.

I don't disagree he's an upgrade, but if I'm on the Titanic it doesn't matter if I'm sitting first class or coach.

Pace should've been fired for the Trubisky mistake alone.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...