NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deandre Jordan 2020-2021 Outlook

Every year I assume this guy is washed and every year he grabs 10+ boards a game on 65%FG+

Added him 1 day before the trade (lucky move), if he can replicate his 8/10 in 22mpg from last year I'll be ecstatic.

• Like 3
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gutsy move bro. Balls of steel.

Just dropped Jokic for him     /s

So basically better than Nurk right now

His FTs actually aren't horrible considering he only shoots a couple per game. I have him on a team with Curry, KAT, Lowry, LaVine so I think he won't hurt me much.

19 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I think they will sign a veteran C. Whether that will just push Green out of the C position or harm Jordan's value ... I am not sure.

What would be the logic behind this? I thought the whole point was for the middle to be easy lobs for KD/Harden/Kyrie to throw into...

25 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I think they will sign a veteran C. Whether that will just push Green out of the C position or harm Jordan's value ... I am not sure.

He is a veteran C. Burned my #8 waiver on him though. 28 mins, 10/10 with current %s and 2 BPG is all I ask for.

52 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I imagine. McGee gets waived by Cleveland, he goes to Brooklyn just in case of injuries. DJ starts, Green plays the 5, Durant plays the 5 for their death lineup.

crazy I dished out 30-40 faab in both 12 team leagues and got him. Not sure why people are holding onto their faab so tightly for. In leagues where players are all FA unless dropped your basically saving your faab for times like this when a player gets dropped and situation changes.

7 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

crazy I dished out 30-40 faab in both 12 team leagues and got him. Not sure why people are holding onto their faab so tightly for. In leagues where players are all FA unless dropped your basically saving your faab for times like this when a player gets dropped and situation changes.

No I think that's crazy and regrettable for a player that is likely the worst guy on your team and the most limited guy on your team....and someone you can easily drop and replace a week later. Just me but if youre spending $30 or more it better be a guy you are likely to keep for ROS and playoffs with decent upside. The problem is DJ is he is a dime and dozen, and if you didn't pick up similar guys like Robin Lopez, Theis, Tristan Thompson, Biyombo for cheap or any double double big with 1-2 BLKs then why are you now paying for DJ???

Edited by mtx
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, mtx said:

No I think that's crazy and regrettable for a player that is likely the worst guy on your team and the most limited guy on your team....and someone you can easily drop and replace a week later. Just me but if youre spending $30 or more it better be a guy you are likely to keep for ROS and playoffs.

In my 12 man leagues you wont find a starting center with double double potential being dropped and added repeatively. Not to add he has history of good shot blocking.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

In my 12 man leagues you wont find a starting center with double double potential being dropped and added repeatively. Not to add he has history of good shot blocking.

I’ve seen Tristan Thompson dropped a couple times throughout the years.

26 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I imagine. McGee gets waived by Cleveland, he goes to Brooklyn just in case of injuries. DJ starts, Green plays the 5, Durant plays the 5 for their death lineup.

Agreed. If it's not Mcgee it will be someone similar. I ran to the wire on the odd chance he somehow maintains 28 MPG for the rest of the season but I find that unlikely. He is incredibly washed and it was a shame he even started the season ahead of Allen. Whoever they bring in at C will eat up some minutes and keep in mind that Green had to start today because they are low on players after the trade. 

Dude is only on the team because he's friends with KD and Kyrie. 

5 minutes ago, mtx said:

No I think that's crazy and regrettable for a player that is likely the worst guy on your team and the most limited guy on your team....and someone you can easily drop and replace a week later. Just me but if youre spending $30 or more it better be a guy you are likely to keep for ROS and playoffs with decent upside. The problem is DJ is he is a dime and dozen, and if you didn't pick up similar guys like Robin Lopez, Theis, Tristan Thompson, Biyombo for cheap or any double double big with 1-2 BLKs then why are you now paying for DJ???

All those guys you mentioned are either in timeshare theis and thompson basically cancel each other out. Lopez is historically bad rebounder. Biyombo has zeller due back at any point. 

4 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Agreed. If it's not Mcgee it will be someone similar. I ran to the wire on the odd chance he somehow maintains 28 MPG for the rest of the season but I find that unlikely. He is incredibly washed and it was a shame he even started the season ahead of Allen. Whoever they bring in at C will eat up some minutes and keep in mind that Green had to start today because they are low on players after the trade. 

Well if a decent center does get brought on board then yes all bets are off. Im just saying how often does someone in your league actually drop someone that is roster worthy?  In my 12 man yahoo proleagues with only 13 bench roster then yes faab is worth more specially since everyone goes on waivers each night but in majority of other leagues where its set up that way and benches are deeper you won't get much opportunity to use your faab on anyone decent.

17 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

All those guys you mentioned are either in timeshare theis and thompson basically cancel each other out. Lopez is historically bad rebounder. Biyombo has zeller due back at any point. 

So you add them and rotate the WW every week with zero liability and zero loss.

11 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

Well if a decent center does get brought on board then yes all bets are off. Im just saying how often does someone in your league actually drop someone that is roster worthy?  In my 12 man yahoo proleagues with only 13 bench roster then yes faab is worth more specially since everyone goes on waivers each night but in majority of other leagues where its set up that way and benches are deeper you won't get much opportunity to use your faab on anyone decent.

Well Im not going to argue with you for YOUR league and YOUR settings (although it sounds pretty standard to me) since you know better, but I am willing to bet a more worthy FA will be available. It could be a guy someone drops for injury and then comes back in 2 months. Really anything could happen. But if you need a C now, if you need the cats now, if you need to win now then by all means do what is necessary. No one knows the rest of your team to know if you even needed DJ but you know your team best. I just don't feel like DJ is a make or break player but then again $30-$40 isn't make or break either. It's just that if a make or break player does show up then you will only have $60 left when everyone else has $90.....  Anyhow best of luck to all of us!!!!!!!!!!!

53 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

He has a good chemistry with KD you can tell that on certain plays that had that easy pick and roll play. As long as they give him 25 minutes a game... i could care less. He'll produce good amount of rebounds. 

49 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

DJ will not be a dbl/dbl guy ROS. Not with the big 3 eating and Joe Harris getting the leftovers.

Averaging 7pts/9Rebs/1.5Blks with good FG% is more reasonable. 

So basically better than Nurk right now

• Like 1
  • Haha 3