NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deandre Jordan 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, ez2do4now said:

DJ will not be a dbl/dbl guy ROS. Not with the big 3 eating and Joe Harris getting the leftovers.

Averaging 7pts/9Rebs/1.5Blks with good FG% is more reasonable. 

Since when does DJ even need any touches? He'll just be getting lobs from Harden, and scoring off dunks and putbacks, and eating the boards. This is essentially back to what he was doing for the Lob City Clippers. A double double is very possible. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gutsy move bro. Balls of steel.

So basically better than Nurk right now

Just dropped Jokic for him     /s

With Nurkic injury I'm gonna add him.

6-9 pts, 8-12 rebs, +1,5Blks great FG%, poor FT%, with double-double potencial.

For now it seems a good add, unless the Nets add another KD&Kyrie Centerfriend.

14 hours ago, Heavy_Jon said:

With Nurkic injury I'm gonna add him.

6-9 pts, 8-12 rebs, +1,5Blks great FG%, poor FT%, with double-double potencial.

For now it seems a good add, unless the Nets add another KD&Kyrie Centerfriend.

I lost Nurk and T.Bryant so i'm banking on DJ to support me.

2 hours ago, bballmaster said:

I lost Nurk and T.Bryant so i'm banking on DJ to support me.

I have similar sentiments.

Drafted Whiteside, T.Bryant, Embiid and Richaun Holmes.

Down to Embiid and Holmes. Hoping to grab DJ after tip-off tonight.

1 hour ago, ez2do4now said:

I have similar sentiments.

Drafted Whiteside, T.Bryant, Embiid and Richaun Holmes.

Down to Embiid and Holmes. Hoping to grab DJ after tip-off tonight.

Seems like I temporarily lost embid for a couple of games too now....what a crazy season so far of ppds and injuries

Harden really makes it for DJ by drawing coverage. When Kyrie returns, DJ should have a slight uptick.

DJ should really learn Harden's shots to better position himself for offensive boards and easy put backs.

Congrats on your free mid-rounder, all of you who ran and scooped when the trade news broke.  He was already being streamed in half of my leagues so a lot of mgrs were simply gifted.  Welcome back to fantasy prominence, DJ. 

If only the offensive stars could stop stealing his m'fkin rebounds..... I think he had 10 or 11 by the half but only 1 in the 2nd half.

But I do agree his last 3 GP statline is decent, and if it weren't for miscommunication / bad timing he should've had 2-3 more lobs. Harden threw some ugly trash a** passes yesterday. One that almost went over the backboard for a supposed dunk. Then a laughable pass outside the base line through Brook Lopez's legs............lol. Lucky that one worked out 

Jarrett Allen was avg 10.4 REBs when he was with the Nets

DeAndre Jordan was avg 7.1 REBs with the Nets

Incoming Harden was avg 9.0 REBs with the Rockets

I know I am simplifying by taking the difference of 10.4 - 9.0 = 1.4 extra REBs that DJ can add to his line.

9 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

I know I am simplifying by taking the difference of 10.4 - 9.0 = 1.4 extra REBs that DJ can add to his line.

I think the only call out is Jarret wasn't competing for rebounds with DJ but Harden will.  DJ with 30+ minutes is 10+ boards eitherway.

17 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

So DJ should average 17 REBS  then since his playing minutes never overlapped with Jarrett before the trade and now DJ apparently plays 37 mins a night? Haha wishful thinking. I'll be ecstatic with an average of 13 RPG. 

2 minutes ago, mtx said:

So DJ should average 17 REBS  then since his playing minutes never overlapped with Jarrett before the trade and now DJ apparently plays 37 mins a night? Haha wishful thinking. I'll be ecstatic with an average of 13 RPG. 

What I meant was Harden usurping the bulk of the rebounds left behind by Allen and the diff of 1.4 going to DJ for approx 8.5 boards. I am just happy to have added DJ for solid FG%, some boards and blocks.

46 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Have to imagine he got the bulk of mins yesterday in order to match the bucks size/length. I'd be pretty surprised if he got 30 mins ROS

100% he won't. They will run smaller lineups with Green or KD at the 5 and when Claxton is back he will get some minutes

1 hour ago, taenggg said:

Have to imagine he got the bulk of mins yesterday in order to match the bucks size/length. I'd be pretty surprised if he got 30 mins ROS

If I had to guess I'd say he'd get around 23-25 mpg ROS.

Last year in 22mpg he averaged 8/10/2 with a block, which I would take any day of the week.

• Like 1

If you need another big man for end up bench...he is your guy! Don’t overthink think it. This man will put up close to 10ppg / 12 rpg / 2 apg / over a block / elite FG / and who knows he could be close to 70% from the line. 

I think he will be influenced/motivated in a bit way by having all these hoopers around him and the fact that they have a chance to win it all. 

chances are he’s gone. Hold if need budget big man stats. But the rebounds will likely be elite!

• Like 2