NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deandre Jordan 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, dcballer0921 said:

If you need another big man for end up bench...he is your guy! Don’t overthink think it. This man will put up close to 10ppg / 12 rpg / 2 apg / over a block / elite FG / and who knows he could be close to 70% from the line. 

I think he will be influenced/motivated in a bit way by having all these hoopers around him and the fact that they have a chance to win it all. 

chances are he’s gone. Hold if need budget big man stats. But the rebounds will likely be elite!

I agree. Having harden/ irving/kd has definitely motivated him since they are officially champ contenders. Surrounded with great shooters only gives him the ability to get some easy lobs too!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gutsy move bro. Balls of steel.

So basically better than Nurk right now

Just dropped Jokic for him     /s

5 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

DJ actually looks like a really good fit w/ this big 3

yes but im cheering for the to win against CLE. If they lose against CLE, it doenst matter how well he fits, the 3 divas are gonna implode!

I had tempered my expectations and knew that DAJ averaging a double double was unattainable. Last 7 days avgs of 23mins, 5.5rebs, 1.5blks and 10pts are rather underwhelming. At least his FG% has been very good but only from 5.5 attempts which doesn't that much. His ceiling may be just a fraction more of these numbers.

Looks like he’s gonna need to do all his damage before the 4th. However imo I think they should still be effective if not more effective with him at the 5 in the fourth as opposed to going small (even tho Durant ain’t small). There should still be enough spacing with Durant, Harden, Irving, Harris and Jordan to close out games. Jordan has that rare ability to actually help with spacing even he can’t shoot with regards to his teammates driving as any time his man drifts it results in automatic dish or lob for a dunk for him. And if they don’t then the lane is pretty open. 

Im dropping as soon as I see someone on the wire that I want. He's not really producing right now and the nets will inevitably add some front court depth with their 3 open roster spots further limiting his minutes.

1 minute ago, Pirate said:

Looks like he’s gonna need to do all his damage before the 4th. However imo I think they should still be effective if not more effective with him at the 5 in the fourth as opposed to going small (even tho Durant ain’t small). There should still be enough spacing with Durant, Harden, Irving, Harris and Jordan to close out games. Jordan has that rare ability to actually help with spacing even he can’t shoot with regards to his teammates driving as any time his man drifts it results in automatic dish or lob for a dunk for him. And if they don’t then the lane is pretty open. 

in theory ya but its just not happening it looks like

Thought about dropping DJ for someone on the waive but after looking at what he provided for my team for the entire weak (8 blocks and nearly 70% FG), I just couldn't do it.

I have Josh Richardson in my IL currently and not sure who to drop. Either Oubre, Cole Anthony, or DJ. It's going to be a very tough one here and if the nets get more in the front court, I may have to cut DJ.

13 minutes ago, steveyi32 said:

Thought about dropping DJ for someone on the waive but after looking at what he provided for my team for the entire weak (8 blocks and nearly 70% FG), I just couldn't do it.

I have Josh Richardson in my IL currently and not sure who to drop. Either Oubre, Cole Anthony, or DJ. It's going to be a very tough one here and if the nets get more in the front court, I may have to cut DJ.

if you look at his avg stats last 7 days and 14* days since the trade, hes a servicable ranking ...u cant find a WW that shows that consistently even with his low min.

Edited by bballmaster

Sure you can hold him but know that he has no upside and his role will only diminish once they add to their front court. He's fine as a streaming option but I would not consider him a long term hold

2 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Sure you can hold him but know that he has no upside and his role will only diminish once they add to their front court. He's fine as a streaming option but I would not consider him a long term hold

There's no guarantee that Nets will get Drummond. They could end up with McGee; if so, DJ's starting job is still safe and his current role likely won't change. Not like he's currently logging 30 mins a game.