NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nicolas Claxton 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best thing is, his yellow hair makes it super easy for me to spot him in the game. 

I mean the major difference is that Wood didn’t have much in the way of usage blocking him once the Drummond trade happened.      Nets have three hall of famers out there who need their touches. 

If you're in a 40 team league sure but Green was out and Jordan is still around 

10 hours ago, indigorivers said:

Well i'd assume he's going to be the back-up center from here on out. Worth throwing in your IL if you got some room and seeing how he turns out when he comes back. 

I think so. He has to play behind DJ and he could even play ahead of him if DJ sucks. I highly doubt that would happen, but 20 mins a night of Claxton is really nice.

I saw him last year. He is still super raw. Has potential though. But no way he will get the chance to perform in championship caliber team unless there is major influx of injuries to KD/Green/Perry/Jordan. And I have the feeling Nets will be active to fill their roster with veteran players later on.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, richardtlee22 said:

Looked fluid but rusty in some instances (expected). You can see how he can take the sting out of losing Jarrett Allen

What’re we thinking, wait-and-see approach? Or run to WW now? 

If you're in a 40 team league sure but Green was out and Jordan is still around 

• Like 3

I dropped him yesterday because he was freezing my Roster being active in my IL.

Really like what I saw. Obviously he's green and young, but he's very much skilled. He's probably the 3rd best defender on the team after an engaged Deandre Jordan and Bruce Brown. The fact that he doesnt get burned on the perimeter is such a useful skill.

I think in a month or 2 he's going to find his way to 22+ minutes a night. His defense can find him minutes in multiple line ups.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, rob0403 said:

I have him in one league but whoa... Are these real steals or just fluky

He was super active before junk time but it was the Magic who are trash so will need to see him do it over the next few games.

• Thanks 1

Man those highlights didn't look fluky and check out this article

https://www.si.com/nba/nets/news/spencer-dinwiddie-on-nic-claxton-nets-second-most-talented-player

“So, I still believe JA is going to be an All-Star, but Nic is the second-most talented player on this team,” Dinwiddie said to NY Post. “[First] is KD, either the first or second most talented scorer of all-time. But Nics' got game. He’s got a chance [to be great].”

But in reality it's going to be hard for him to get minutes outside of cutting into Deandre Jordans 25min/game once Jeff Green and KD come back fully healthy It seems like they're playing him alongside Harden for a few minutes at the opening of each Q and working on the PnR! If you wished you were holding R.Williams makes sense to hold this guy as a per min beast!