NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nicolas Claxton 2020-2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, knaw46 said:

It's surprising how low this guy's hype is on here. It would be out of control if he were on a tanking team. 

If he keeps playing like this, he very well could have minutes in the mid 20's and will produce good defensive stats.

Oh he's good.  I do regret dropping him.  I talked myself out of him when BG joined.  I guess BG is an even shadowier version of himself that I expected!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best thing is, his yellow hair makes it super easy for me to spot him in the game. 

I mean the major difference is that Wood didn’t have much in the way of usage blocking him once the Drummond trade happened.      Nets have three hall of famers out there who need their touches. 

If you're in a 40 team league sure but Green was out and Jordan is still around 

26 minutes ago, overtime2000 said:

just waiting for Nash to realise that Claxton is far more impactful player than DAJ

Any minute now...

just box score watching but kantar ate all game im assuming most of the time vs dj.

claxton had what 7 min 1st half?

Yeah Kanter ate but more vs DAJ.

Griffin actually looked good as a small ball C but Claxton looks a bit better. Actually DAJ has looked pretty mediocre.

39 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

You guys are overthinking it.  His minutes are trending up even with Blake and Green active. The Nets are like 10-2 with Nic in the rotation. And you’re worried about...Andre Drummond?

Yeah this, basically roster him and worry about buyout targets after they come AND they show they make Nic irrelevant. Slim Tower will be hard to replace.

Now it's the time to gamble  on this Kid, because the energy that he brings on both ends of court adds a different dimension to their game, so I think that he has probably earn 10-15 minutes til the end of the season, with everyone active .

But  IRL experience is very valued in the NBA (just look at PJ Tucker trade buzz), so they might keep DJ in the starting lineup playing 18-28 minutes, because it's important to create chemistry before the playoffs (eg: last season Clippers) and we have to account that the return of Kevin Durant will push Jeff Green and Blake Griffin to the center position, and since Nic has no range, he's limited to that energy guy, that may have some good games or not playing at all, because they want to win now, they don't need to develop him this year.

I don't know if  the Nets can avoid injuries, so the kid is like a low risk/high reward kind of guy, 

If they don't bring any center from the buyout market, it means that he has a legit chance at 25 mins the rest of the way.

BTW, last night Kanter was an unstoppable beast, he almost won the game by himself in the 4th quarter, and Nic was pushed away easily (and I'm being polite) in the paint, it was a bad defensive matchup for him.

5 minutes ago, Heavy_Jon said:

Now it's the time to gamble  on this Kid, because the energy that he brings on both ends of court adds a different dimension to their game, so I think that he has probably earn 10-15 minutes til the end of the season, with everyone active .

But  IRL experience is very valued in the NBA (just look at PJ Tucker trade buzz), so they might keep DJ in the starting lineup playing 18-28 minutes, because it's important to create chemistry before the playoffs (eg: last season Clippers) and we have to account that the return of Kevin Durant will push Jeff Green and Blake Griffin to the center position, and since Nic has no range, he's limited to that energy guy, that may have some good games or not playing at all, because they want to win now, they don't need to develop him this year.

I don't know if  the Nets can avoid injuries, so the kid is like a low risk/high reward kind of guy, 

If they don't bring any center from the buyout market, it means that he has a legit chance at 25 mins the rest of the way.

BTW, last night Kanter was an unstoppable beast, he almost won the game by himself in the 4th quarter, and Nic was pushed away easily (and I'm being polite) in the paint, it was a bad defensive matchup for him.

yet he was able to stick to lillard. i think thats a fair trade off come po.

That'll be good as he's still on my FA pool. Bad line will hopefully make people overlook him and give time to pickup while winning GW through the extra game other players have left.

Edited by rocky7st

What's interesting about him is that he'll most likely get mins in blowouts and close games for his defense. I'm not really worried about KD since they'll prob have him with kid gloves on ROS and missing half his games when he's back lol. 

4 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

Surely LMA eats this guy's minutes now right? If Blake wasn't the nail that done it it's gotta be LMA right lol

yep drop city

7 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

Surely LMA eats this guy's minutes now right? If Blake wasn't the nail that done it it's gotta be LMA right lol

Maybe, I am actually interested in what happens to Jordan. Claxton and Griffin have been playing better than him. Maybe Jordan is done.

13 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

Wait and see. Still their best big and has chemistry with Harden. Jordan in trouble for sure and Green likely