NBC Sports Edge Forums

VETO WORTHY? JAMAL MURRAY + KELLY OUBRE + DUNCAN ROBINSON FOR ANTHONY DAVIS+HARRISON BARNES +*WHIR*+

49 minutes ago, SwaggyG said:

A little off topic. What does whir mean?

"Will help in return". You can link your question/topic and the OP will answer it.

EDIT: I would veto it.
In my league guy owning AD didnt want to trade him for my Vučević and FVV. And Oubre/Murray/Robinson together maybe arent valuable as Vučević.

Edited by BenSimmons25

I can’t even post my own question yet but ya I need some help lol. I’m debating dropping wcj, diallo or maxey (considering I don’t know what maxeys value will be once the sizers are healthy) wcj is playing like a fruit cake and diallo seems like he could be a good 6th man but I don’t know if he will sustain this. I also have 4 guys injured with 3 IL spots so eventually guys will need to be dropped just don’t know who. 

my team:

sga

booker

schroder

holmes

vucevic

wcj

Maxey

mcollum

kelvin

diallo

Halliburton

d graham

and injured I have garland. Tatum. Love and mpj

1 hour ago, SwaggyG said:

I can’t even post my own question yet but ya I need some help lol. I’m debating dropping wcj, diallo or maxey (considering I don’t know what maxeys value will be once the sizers are healthy) wcj is playing like a fruit cake and diallo seems like he could be a good 6th man but I don’t know if he will sustain this. I also have 4 guys injured with 3 IL spots so eventually guys will need to be dropped just don’t know who. 

my team:

sga

booker

schroder

holmes

vucevic

wcj

Maxey

mcollum

kelvin

diallo

Halliburton

d graham

and injured I have garland. Tatum. Love and mpj

It's not cool to hijack someone else's thread and ask your own questions on it. It doesn't matter if you can't post your own questions yet. Go to the player forums and contribute their until you have enough posts to ask a question here.

On topic for OP: I think it's a hugely lopsided trade that's probably not veto-worthy, but borderline. I wouldn't be mad if people decided to vote against it though. AD is just that valuable, and Barnes has been pretty solid this year as well.

• Like 1

The only reason this trade should even go through, is if you’re banking on AD getting hurt and missing half the season. 

you have every right to veto, it’s an option offered to owners, and in this specific case I would if I had my vote

I do stand by a previous poster, if the trade ends up going through, you gotta live with it. If majority vetos then majority veto’s, you also have to live with it. 

mind helping me out ? Thanks 

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

It's not cool to hijack someone else's thread and ask your own questions on it. It doesn't matter if you can't post your own questions yet. Go to the player forums and contribute their until you have enough posts to ask a question here.

On topic for OP: I think it's a hugely lopsided trade that's probably not veto-worthy, but borderline. I wouldn't be mad if people decided to vote against it though. AD is just that valuable, and Barnes has been pretty solid this year as well.

I didnt hijack someones thread i asked a question based on his post. shortly after someone answered my question by saying if u have a question/topic they will answer in return and since i couldnt share a link i typed it.

ive been contributing to discussions and i thought i was at ten already. if op has a problem im sure he can address it himself.

hes not even asking for any advice, hes asking if he should veto a trade.... so irrelevant 

39 minutes ago, SwaggyG said:

I didnt hijack someones thread i asked a question based on his post. shortly after someone answered my question by saying if u have a question/topic they will answer in return and since i couldnt share a link i typed it.

ive been contributing to discussions and i thought i was at ten already. if op has a problem im sure he can address it himself.

hes not even asking for any advice, hes asking if he should veto a trade.... so irrelevant 

get out my thread son

you didn’t even have the courtesy to answer my question before posting your own

get wit the program or foh 

• Haha 2

Easy veto for me. Trading a first rounder for 3 players who are barely hovering around top 100 atm, with only two of them having top 40-50 ceilings at best. Good luck.

Tough one. I’m not huge on vetos unless it’s obvious collusion on the side. On the other hand, one side is still allowed to win a trade. I would have to make this a value judgement on the two involved’s character if it’s a league w friends because that’s a **** trade. Public league veto that ****

18 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

get out my thread son

you didn’t even have the courtesy to answer my question before posting your own

get wit the program or foh 

Buddy veto it or dont what does it even matter, its not even worth answering. youre not even asking a legitimate question cause this has no influence on anything to do with your team.

6 hours ago, SwaggyG said:

Buddy veto it or dont what does it even matter, its not even worth answering. youre not even asking a legitimate question cause this has no influence on anything to do with your team.

know your role and shut your mouth 

DykeINIT my role was to answer the question and i did, i told u it doesnt matter what u decide to do so rather than me doing what this forum is meant for ur asking me to shut it? which is it? am i supposed to answer ur braindead question or nah? figure it out dyke

17 minutes ago, SwaggyG said:

and what the f--- is wrong with u guys? were yall never new to this website? like how are u guys gonna be so fkn aggressive isnt this supposed to be a helpful community?

@fabrar

Yes, we were all new to this website, and just like you, we didn't have access to asking questions on the AC in the beginning. So, as the rules indicate, we posted on the player threads until we were able to post on the AC.

The fact remains that this thread is specifically for @BykeINIT 's topic, not yours. You can answer his question but you can't ask for advice on yours. That's not how it works and that's why no one's bothered to respond seriously to your inquiry. Arguing with us isn't going to change that.

On 1/15/2021 at 11:44 AM, SwaggyG said:

and what the f--- is wrong with u guys? were yall never new to this website? like how are u guys gonna be so fkn aggressive isnt this supposed to be a helpful community?

@fabrar

bad look .. man up n stop crying like a lil girl

On 1/15/2021 at 12:04 PM, fabrar said:

Yes, we were all new to this website, and just like you, we didn't have access to asking questions on the AC in the beginning. So, as the rules indicate, we posted on the player threads until we were able to post on the AC.

The fact remains that this thread is specifically for @BykeINIT 's topic, not yours. You can answer his question but you can't ask for advice on yours. That's not how it works and that's why no one's bothered to respond seriously to your inquiry. Arguing with us isn't going to change that.

he’s also apparently still in 3rd grade.. 

dykeinit? really?? lmfao 

So I came across this thread looking for Drob's fantasy outlook thread. This is a veto. I do not agree at all on "veto is only for collusion" logic. It's stupid. Obviously you don't veto because you don't like the trade, lopsided, or out of spite because you missed an opportunity. But you most certainly can and veto a trade that significantly changes the outlook of the league. This is one of those trades. Forget top 10 player. AD is top 2. He's not even giving a fourth round player in this deal. It's bad a trade and 9/10 times, its the one owner taking advantage of another usually inexperienced owner. If it went through, its whatever. But it has no business going through.

As for @SwaggyG, I didn't think what he did was a big deal at first. We were all new to the site once and aren't familiar with all the rules. But we have rules here and you have to follow them. But there is absolutely no reason to be rude to other users and to try to justify something that is against the rules. You did something that isn't allowed (and happens frequently unfortunately) and tried to justify it and play the victim card. Not cool. 

On 1/15/2021 at 7:33 AM, SwaggyG said:

This is a perfect example. Who are you to say whether another person's question is legitimate or not? This trade, especially in a 12 team league, could make or break the league. This is as legit a question as it comes and you didn't even have the decency to answer the question to begin with.

The whole point of that rule is to prevent randoms from joining, asking a question, and then just bouncing. The forum wants committed members. I try to answer people's questions, regardless if I have one pending. That's what everyone should be doing.

• Like 3