NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's not a 3 down back and never will be. He's been in the league for 3 years and has only broken 60% snap count 4 times and 15 touches twice. Of course this is his first year where he has a real oppo

Calling him an "excellent player" is GM speak for, "We might get stuck with him as our RB1, so better start the spin."

Chase Edmonds is a role player.  Not a featured guy.  RW, errr. NBC Edge writers need to accept that fact.  Chase Edmonds dynasty owners need to accept that fact.  Chase Edmonds needs to accept that f

It seems very unlikely to me that Arizona would enter the season with Edmonds as their starter.

If they do, I'll be avoiding Edmonds.  He's a third down, change-of-pace back in the NFL.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Assuming Drake is gone, what does his outlook look like if he is the starter in Arizona?

I agree w @SharkSwimmer. Coming into this season I thought there was some potential here, but seeing much more of him the last few months I'm pretty sure I was wrong about that.

I'd be surprised if they let Drake go - OTOH this offense funnels everything through Murray anyway. They probably would be content with a committee of Edmonds and a couple of other guys from the draft or off the street.

• Thanks 1

I think they will keep Chase in his current role. Drake will probably walk because Cliff doesn't want to see him get stuffed at the goal line another 100 times and they'll draft a big body runner.

We're already starting 2021 outlook threads?  

Anyway, there is no way he is the lead back going into next year.  They could draft one, but more likely they  sign one.  This is a big market for FA backs.  I could see them going after either one of the Packers RBs. 

Edmonds had his chance to show he could be the guy and he blew it.  

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

There have been a lot of rumblings that it's win or fired for coach and GM and that's why they went all out for Watt.    They're not going to put it all on Edmonds if that's the case.  Probably just waiting for one of the available RB's to take their offer or lower their price.   

58 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

RB1?

The Cards would be foolish not to take at least 1 RB in the top 3 rounds of the draft. Or maybe they take 3 RBs in the next 4 rounds.

The draft will set Edmonds' market. My guess is he'll be the odd man out once musical chairs ends.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

The Cards would be foolish not to take at least 1 RB in the top 3 rounds of the draft. Or maybe they take 3 RBs in the next 4 rounds.

The draft will set Edmonds' market. My guess is he'll be the odd man out once musical chairs ends.

He won’t be odd man out. I think they like him as. Receiving/cop back. I can see them signing a guy like James Connor or fournette to lead the carries and chase to have the role he’s been having. 

Assuming they don't add Chris Carson or draft one of the top backs, I like Edmonds this season. Can he really be a feature back? IDK. But, I think he's a talented RB, and the Cards should know what they have in him by now. In fact, I remember seeing this a couple weeks ago:

Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury said the coaching staff is confident Chase Edmonds can serve as the team's primary running back. 

Kingsbury said the team sees Edmonds as a potential "bell cow" back a couple weeks before Kenyan Drake becomes a free agent. With Drake sidelined last year in Week 9, Edmonds took 25 carries for a mere 70 yards against Miami. He didn't see more than 11 carries in a game for the rest of the year, struggling with various injuries along the way. “We all understand that he’s unfortunately been nicked up a couple times, which we want to keep him on the field," Kingsbury said. "But we have all the confidence in the world in Chase and him being able to be the bell cow if that’s how this plays out.” It's clear Cardinals see Edmonds as a capable pass catcher out of the backfield. He saw 67 targets in 2020 -- fourth most on the team and fifth most among all running backs. If Drake departs via free agency, it would be presumptuous to assume Edmonds would inherit a bell cow role. 

Mar 5, 2021, 8:06 AM ET
  • Haha 1

If you have Chase Edmonds in dynasty, trade him today to one of your gullible leaguemates.  The chance of Chase to enter the season as the number 1 RB is 0%.

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If you have Chase Edmonds in dynasty, trade him today to one of your gullible leaguemates.  The chance of Chase to enter the season as the number 1 RB is 0%.

Agreed, but this is going to be just like Raheem Mostert last year. Everybody's selling, but nobody's buying.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Agreed! I missed my window early last year thinking that he might actually do something last year if Drake got hurt and then take the job.  I agree there is 0% chance he starts the year with the lead job and slightly more chance people give anything of value unless it's the owner of the eventual starter who wants to handcuff him. 

• Like 1

Guys like Conner and Fournette don't really excite here, so they'd make me like Edmonds a little better if they're the compliment.   Lindsay looks like a perfect match though.   

18 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Guys like Conner and Fournette don't really excite here, so they'd make me like Edmonds a little better if they're the compliment.   Lindsay looks like a perfect match though.   

Good thing he signed with Houston 

I kno it’s a long ways out but hypothetically if chase is the Starter for the cards and he stays healthy I think we’d have to assume RB10-12 kinda numbers right? 

18 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

I kno it’s a long ways out but hypothetically if chase is the Starter for the cards and he stays healthy I think we’d have to assume RB10-12 kinda numbers right? 

Seems achievable, yes.

Chase Edmonds is not going to be a thing.

If AZ does not make a big splash at RB in the draft or FA, then I suspect it will be because they really like how Eno Benjamin has progressed.

10 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Chase Edmonds is not going to be a thing.

If AZ does not make a big splash at RB in the draft or FA, then I suspect it will be because they really like how Eno Benjamin has progressed.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Chase Edmonds 2021 Outlook