NBC Sports Edge Forums

6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Betcha they will draft a RB or sign a priority UDFA.  Edmonds is going to be a bye-week, desperation flex in full ppr leagues only.

If that's your keeper, you must be playing in a very deep league indeed.

We're rolling over rosters from the conclusion of the 2019 season due to the pandemic, so there will be some wacky decision-making taking place.  Suffice to say, keeping any RB1-RB3 in this league has value.

I don't believe the coach speak about Edmonds, but I also don't believe that Conner is a legitimate three-down back.  I also think Edmonds' dramatic increase in usage - 23-21-67 targets in his first three years - would lean towards an uptick in use in '21.  I'm not expecting RB1 territory or anything, aiming for a weekly contributor in a 12-team league.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's not a 3 down back and never will be. He's been in the league for 3 years and has only broken 60% snap count 4 times and 15 touches twice. Of course this is his first year where he has a real oppo

Calling him an "excellent player" is GM speak for, "We might get stuck with him as our RB1, so better start the spin."

Chase Edmonds is a role player.  Not a featured guy.  RW, errr. NBC Edge writers need to accept that fact.  Chase Edmonds dynasty owners need to accept that fact.  Chase Edmonds needs to accept that f

7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

What FA? They just signed an injury prone RB and all the ones left in FA are washed. There’s no way they sign Conner and then another terrible back. The draft maybe but they don’t have too much picks. If they land Harris or Williams in the second round then sure but it’s not too likely they go RB. I’m sure a day 3 guy can make some noise (there’s some good prospects) but again, it’s not that likely.

Edmonds isn’t that great of a keeper for sure but I can honestly see him returning flex value in PPR leagues on a weekly basis. Of course it depends on what happens before the season and during the draft. 

Priority UDFA means one of the best running backs eligible for the 2021 draft who do not get drafted, but get to pick where they sign and they get more of a signing bonus than is typical.  Phillip Lindsey on the Broncos, Austin Ekeler for the Chargers, and Arian Foster for the Texans are examples of priority UDFA players who went on to have success in the NFL.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Priority UDFA means one of the best running backs eligible for the 2021 draft who do not get drafted, but get to pick where they sign and they get more of a signing bonus than is typical.  Phillip Lindsey on the Broncos, Austin Ekeler for the Chargers, and Arian Foster for the Texans are examples of priority UDFA players who went on to have success in the NFL.

Yeah idk why I read it as UFA. Point is still the same though. An UDFA threatening touches is an unlikely case. Of course it happens but 99% of the time they do nothing. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

The question boils down to who would you rather have in this offense:

Edmonds or Connor? .. I’ll take Edmonds all day

Well do you like TDs?  Conner is your guy.  Looking for a (very) low-end flex in full ppr?  Edmonds all the way, until they add even more competition in the draft or right afterwards.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well do you like TDs?  Conner is your guy.  Looking for a (very) low-end flex in full ppr?  Edmonds all the way, until they add even more competition in the draft or right afterwards.

How would Chase be a low end flex? To me, he‘s a solid RB2, and a GREAT flex. He’s a 3 down back in an offense that passes 70% of the time. He never comes off the field .. The only legitimate question would be workload, if he body can handle the extra reps. 

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

How would Chase be a low end flex? To me, he‘s a solid RB2, and a GREAT flex. He’s a 3 down back in an offense that passes 70% of the time. He never comes off the field .. The only legitimate question would be workload, if he body can handle the extra reps. 

He's not a 3 down back and never will be. He's been in the league for 3 years and has only broken 60% snap count 4 times and 15 touches twice. Of course this is his first year where he has a real opportunity but he has never been a big snap big touch kind of guy. I think one of the better case scenarios is you have him be a 1/2 punch with someone else where he gets like 9 carries a game and 4 receptions or so.  He can finish the season around 650/4 & 65/450/4 which averages just to under 14 PPG in PPR and just under 12 half-PPR. So mid tier RB2 in PPR and lower end RB2 in half. Still better than a lot of people seem to be pegging him at but not some 3 down back.

Also, another thing to consider is that for all my reservations about Conner the dude has been a damn good GL back. He scores on 55% (16/29) of his touches inside the 5 which is very good numbers. Edmonds has 1 carry inside the 5 in his career and he didn't score. So you know damn well he isn't getting GL touches which brings that floor down significantly. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

What world are you living in?  Not Planet Earth, year 2021.  That's for sure.  3 down back?  There are only a handful of those left.  Saquon, CMC, Dalvin, maybe Zeke.  C"mon man.

• Like 1

I think most of us crazy enough to be perusing these boards in April and posting in player threads are maybe deciding re keeper options.  I know that's why I'm here in the Chase thread.

I was excited when Drake left.  But my bubble is now burst with Conner.  Sure, he still can be a viable flex.  And an emergency bye week fill in for a PPR format.  But that's not why I keep a guy.  I want an every week contributor.  I don't want to have to rely on a Conner injury for this guy to be relevant.  Could it happen?  Sure, and then Chase might be the guy and an awesome keeper pick in hindsight.  But could they also then split time with Eno and Chase?  Perhaps.  

Depends of course on your keeper format and rules.  I'd rather spend even a late round keeper on an every week contributor perhaps at WR or TE than to hope that there will be situations where I might want to use Chase in the lineup.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

do not waste your second round pick on this guy

Is that really where people are valuing him!? 

You should be drafting this guy around the same place you'd draft Cohen, Hines or Drake. He's a 3rd down back. He's not built to be a starter.  

8 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Is that really where people are valuing him!? 

You should be drafting this guy around the same place you'd draft Cohen, Hines or Drake. He's a 3rd down back. He's not built to be a starter.  

No they aren’t I’m pretty sure that was sarcastic (I hope). He’s likely to settle in the 60-90 range by the time draft day roles around. If they don’t do much else in terms of RB I’ll probably value him around 75ish. 

• Like 2

Sounds about right, although I'm someone who often trends toward the teams that add. Here they've signed a number of notable names but a lot of them are older players. I think there's a good chance Murray provides value, Hopkins perhaps. That's the extent of my radar, a blip or two.

In comparison, could be wrong, but I like what New England has done, I like what Tampa has done. I like what Washington has done, I like the Browns to continue trending upwards. Miami & obviously, what Kansas City does in the draft is of interest, Indy, NY Giants...