NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jae'sean Tate Outlook 2020-21

He's been sleeping in ample waiver wires but finally getting the deserved attention. I knew i low key struck gold when i grabbed him in my 14 team. Hes been playing essentially every position but C and rockets are going small and young. Even if they keep Dipo and those other vets they need to be rested every other game it seems so the minutes and production will be there. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now add Wall, Oladipo and Gordon. Irrelevant.

aanddddd I broke him

/ Thread.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, taenggg said:

is he ever going to get SF eligibility?

Haha, I could've sworn he was given SF eligibility until you mentioned it.

It's sorta difficult to argue the point FOR SF eligibility simply because the Rockets are basically playing 3-4 SFs alongside Wall right now, esp without Cousins and Wood.  Brown, Nwaba, EG, House, Tucker could all be considered forwards.  I do think Tate's really a SF though, with the way he plays.

As far as his production, it looks like the sky's the limit for him.  A good amount of steals, treys, and boards in about 30 mpg.  But the real gold is the efficiency.  71% FT is pretty awful, but the almost nonexistent TOs and 54% shooting from the field is incredible for 9-cat.  Probably not wire pickup of the year, but I highly doubt anyone's complaining about grabbing him.

Seriously, is this guy the most slept on player currently in 12 teamers?

You check the vanderbilt/mcdaniels/noel threads and it’s always active but yet a dude like Tate whose been killing it...and with now with a much brighter outlook for ros (cousins Gone/PJ likely gone/Even rumblings of Dipo being shipped)...just 3 pages and barely sign of life lol.

I def don’t mind certain players flying under the radar, but am I missing something?  

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

You check the vanderbilt/mcdaniels/noel threads and it’s always active but yet a dude like Tate whose been killing it...and with now with a much brighter outlook for ros (cousins Gone/PJ likely gone/Even rumblings of Dipo being shipped)...just 3 pages and barely sign of life lol.

I def don’t mind certain players flying under the radar, but am I missing something?  

Nobody is watching Rockets games. So I don’t think people are paying attention.

18 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

He's already owned in 46% of yahoo leagues and 56% of fantrax leagues. So if you are in a competitive standard/deep league, Tate is already probably owned. But yeah he has been "quietly" putting up top 55 numbers the past 2 weeks. He's been producing Mikal Bridges like numbers minus some 3s. 

41 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Concerns with Dipo back in the lineup? Could that even boost his value?

He play the most minutes of the starter so far

Tucker will be traded and hopefully Gordon, whos an absolute black hole when he plays. Makes nobody better and never passes, just deep 3s and drives with no kick outs. I hate that guy. Team plays way better when he doesnt.

9 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

David Nwaba out 6 weeks, congrats to all who didn't drop after a few bad games. Waiver gold.

Well i didn't drop but he was bad in the last game and Nwaba was out as well.

Hmmmm should get plenty of minutes ROS right? I figure the Rockets will at least move pj / victor before the deadline. Do we like him in competitive 12 team leagues? Nice fg%, rebounds and can put up good stocks. 

Dang if PF were a (positive) fantasy cat, this dude would be pure gold.

• Haha 2