NBC Sports Edge Forums

3 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Seems like he was the guy with covid, the other guys are returning tuesday while he likely won't be back until the weekend series.

True he was the one not mentioned.  But don't count on the others being back tomorrow as in get in the game.  They are rejoining the team.  Getting into the game might be delayed slightly.  Or not.  Who knows, hah.

Chandler Rome of the Houston Chronicle reports that Alex Bregman, Yordan Alvarez, Martín Maldonado and Robel García are tentatively expected to rejoin the Astros on Tuesday in Colorado.

Previous reporting suggested that this group would miss the entire roadtrip due to healthy and safety protocols. Conspicuous by his absence in Rome's report is Jose Altuve, so apparently he's going to need some more time. As for the other four, they will still have to go through some intake testing, so it's unclear if they'll immediately return to the lineup. Still, it's good news for the Astros and those fantasy managers who have had to make other plans in recent days.

Related:   Jose Altuve

Source: Chandler Rome on Twitter                  Apr 19, 2021, 2:50 PM ET

• Like 1

So, If he is the one that tested positive, we could possibly see him activated Friday I am guessing... Seems like the other players from the covid il are traveling to Colorado while Altuve isn't.

2 hours ago, Picard56 said:

So, If he is the one that tested positive, we could possibly see him activated Friday I am guessing... Seems like the other players from the covid il are traveling to Colorado while Altuve isn't.

Huh?  If he truthfully tested positive for covid as in not a false positive then he has to wait longer than that.  Also you can't assume he is asymptomatic if he does have it.  He could be physically fine or he could be in really bad shape or anything in between.  The UK strain that has taken over here is not as forgiving to younger people like Covid-Classic was.

8 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Huh?  If he truthfully tested positive for covid as in not a false positive then he has to wait longer than that.  Also you can't assume he is asymptomatic if he does have it.  He could be physically fine or he could be in really bad shape or anything in between.  The UK strain that has taken over here is not as forgiving to younger people like Covid-Classic was.

I can assume all I want, how many times is he gonna test false negative between now and last weds?? The fact he is the one left out of not being activated today can lead someone to reasonably assume that he was the one that tested positive. Also the rule is ten days, Friday would be ten days in time for the weekend series if he happens to finally test negative. But we don't have a lot of info, just speculating.

Edited by Picard56

So baker said there is a possibility he is back over the weekend or early next weekend... I wonder if he mispoke cause that is a very vague timeline.

edit: the writers on rotoworld or nbc, what it is called now wrote weekend and bake said early next week.

Edited by Picard56
29 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Hopefully hes back this weekend. [...] 

Next week for sure, They might want him to get some workouts in. But if he is back this weekend, just the cherry on top.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

He is in a funk, seems like he hasn't gotten a hit in forever since his first game back.

COVID might have gotten him hard.   As a Burnes owner this concerns me.  Supposedly these new strains cause more issues.

6 minutes ago, B&F said:

COVID might have gotten him hard.   As a Burnes owner this concerns me.  Supposedly these new strains cause more issues.

He had gotten his first dose of the vaccine, I know that doesn't give you immunity, but I thought it still will prevent severe symptoms. Either way, I hope he gets better.