NBC Sports Edge Forums

Browns @ Chiefs - Divisional Game 3, 2021

As a warm-up for this game, here's a fun throwback:

The stats for this game are insane: Mayfield 545 yd and 7 TD; Mahomes 734 yd for a measly 5 TD and 1 INT - but then he added 88 yd rushing for 2 more TD,
Baker had Mixon, Westbrook and Andrews; Mahomes with - well, Keke Coutee and basically he had to do the rest himself.

I think the Browns and Chiefs Defenses are a bit better though...

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chad just earned himself another $15M and six years of comfy clipboard-holding

Arguing who is better between Chubb or Hunt ... both are great. 

Chiefs passing game vs the Browns secondary seems like such a disastrous mismatch on paper. The run game and pass rush need to go crazy for the Browns to have a chance because I don't think the Chiefs will fall off a mental cliff like the Steelers last week.

Seems like the NFL should have mandated that all teams have the same attendance rules for the playoffs...doesn't seem fair that some teams get more or less fans depending on what state they are in.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Channel is blacked out here. Uh, helP?

NFL.com App.  I was able to watch the games last weekend when my cable cut out for an hour.  Downloaded, and was able to watch no issues.  I don't know if that is a thing the NFL is doing all postseason or not, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

4 minutes ago, bomont said:

Does anyone think the Browns have a prayer? It's like you know what's coming. 

Sort of?  I thought the Redskins had a shot if they kept it close and surprised the Bucs with a few big plays.  Instead, they stuck to their game plan, knew they were overmatched, and died overmatched. 

Browns would need to surprise with some points, push the offensive pace early, and then fall back to the run game if they got a lead. They seem content on leaning on the D, running the ball, and letting the game happen to them.  They are just settling for what happens vs trying something.

edit: For clarity, I think they could.  The way they are acting I don't see how.  I don't think the talent difference is insurmountable.

Edited by Sternes

Do the Browns have any OLBs on the field? The guy out in the flat is open by about 5 yds every time, nobody remotely near him, and they are getting burned badly on the end around stuff.

1 minute ago, bomont said:

Do the Browns have any OLBs on the field? The guy out in the flat is open by about 5 yds every time, nobody remotely near him, and they are getting burned badly on the end around stuff.

Looks like Cleveland in zone with lot of Dbs

25 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Channel is blacked out here. Uh, helP?

How can a nationally televised game be blacked out? It can’t be local blackout due to attendance when they obviously can’t have a sell out.

If Hardman starts next year like many anticipate, look out, he will be a great value.