NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bills @ Chiefs AFC Championship game

Just now, GottaGetTheWin said:

Allen needs to stop taking these stupid 20 yard sacks...That's one thing I've seen him do too many times this year.  Trying to make a play that's not there. 

think of it like barry sanders. Barry Sanders is one of the greatest of all time

but he also has the most negative runs because he'd try to make something out of nothing

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Next politics/covid post is going to draw me out of my semi retirement and result in a vacation that lasts through the Superbowl. Govern yourselves accordingly.   

Everyone point and laugh at the Titans fan

shocker

Posted Images

Just now, kdko said:

😂 😂 😂 Allen's the MVP  😂 😂 😂 

who said that? The 2 Allen lover boys arent even here right now

Allen haters are starting to get more annoying than Allen lovers

Just now, Chippa said:

What happened to Boy Tannehill - he get sent?

9 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

No one is touching Mahomes right now.  Dude is just another level.  He's on that Aaron Rodgers prime type level.  Just nuts in terms of arm strength and accuracy, especially on the move. 

His throwing ability on the move is actually stupid. The dude can be running full speed and throw a damn bullet across his body into a guys chest. 

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

think of it like barry sanders. Barry Sanders is one of the greatest of all time

but he also has the most negative runs because he'd try to make something out of nothing

Allen is good with his legs, but he's not Barry Sanders.  Those types of plays are just complete killers.  Sometimes it's better to just take the 8 yard sack than run 25 yards back and just put yourself in an impossible situation. 

I'm an equal opportunity hater

Yeah don’t think anyone seriously has him as MVP. Rodgers got that locked up.

• Like 1
Just now, hoppychokes said:

I wanna buy Dawkins a beer for that one.

For real.

Nance and Romo are clearly on the chiefs side here

Clark tackled Allen after the whistle was blown. A flag shouldve maybe been called for that

O-lineman was just protecting his qb. I'd expect any team's lineman to do the same for their QB

1 minute ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Allen is good with his legs, but he's not Barry Sanders.  Those types of plays are just complete killers.  Sometimes it's better to just take the 8 yard sack than run 25 yards back and just put yourself in an impossible situation. 

you missed the point. Point is there were times Barry shouldve just fell to the ground instead of losing 10 yards trying to scramble. But there were times when it worked, and he'd turn a negative into a positive

Josh Allen is the same way. Sometimes it backfires, other times he makes a spectacular play and throws a dart to Diggs downfield.

You gotta let him play backyard ball

They should let the losers of the conference championships play for some big bonus and replace the pro-bowl.  I'd rather watch Allen v Rodgers for like a $4 mil purse than the garbage they are going to put out next week. 

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, trilly said:

Spread's going to open tighter than this since TB's at home for this one

Draftkings opening where I thought.  Chiefs -3.5.   I don't see it moving too far off that unless some major news happens over the next 2 weeks. 

4 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

They should let the losers of the conference championships play for some big bonus and replace the pro-bowl.  I'd rather watch Allen v Rodgers for like a $4 mil purse than the garbage they are going to put out next week. 

Not a terrible idea, but if you look at the FIFA world championship where they usually have a "losers final", it's often a quite sorry affair, where hardly anyone cares and no-one is enthousiastic. As far as actual content it's probably better than the pro bowl, but it's usually not a big ratings hit either.

2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Not a terrible idea, but if you look at the FIFA world championship where they usually have a "losers final", it's often a quite sorry affair, where hardly anyone cares and no-one is enthousiastic. As far as actual content it's probably better than the pro bowl, but it's usually not a big ratings hit either.

Yea, they would have to have some sort of reason for them to play...that's why I was thinking a huge purse, but then again...there would have to be a reason for them to have that type of money on the line and that would typically mean ratings...who knows if they would get it. 

Some of Josh Allen's accuracy woes and volatile decision making showed up tonight. He's improved leaps and bounds in both respects but still needs work. He'll get back in the lab. They also need to get him a running game. It's putting a lot of pressure on him that they can't run the football (and mostly don't even try). 

1 hour ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

There's just too much injury risk to even consider this - at least this year, they're not even bothering with the Pro Bowl.

I did note you were right about the spread. Should be an interesting couple of weeks, without the usual media week spectacle. 

• Like 1