Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Carter-Williams 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

My BOY cooking! Its a run, dont walk kind of a situation for you doubters. MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!!!

tenor.gif

Lol he'll be back to his bench role and 15 min next game 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On board    (Why do I do this to myself ....)

I do not know about the "not good per-minute fantasy option"... I ran the numbers for him and he is actually pretty solid per minutes guy. We have added bench boost in our league so IF he plays off th

3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Lol he'll be back to his bench role and 15 min next game 

with Magic have so many inj player,MCW will have some short-term value

Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who has Cole Anthony I have to say I'm not a big fan of his game.  But you would think the team would still keep him as the starter and continue to give him the bulk of the minutes to develop him.  So realistically what can we expect for MCW?  10 year journeyman, why should we expect him to be any better than he was last year?  I imagine the way he backed up Fultz last year he would do the same for Anthony now, and he wasn't exactly fantasy relevant then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All about opportunity and roles. They need MCW for his defense on multiple spots on the floor. They need for his play-making as they are putrid on that front. And they even need him to put pressure on defenses with his ability to get inside a bit. Right now it is a team with a lot of jump shooters but not lot of guys who can take their guys to the hole and create disorder. 26 minutes and more makes him intriguing for sure even in the leagues with no bench boost... And how we are looking at it now he can get to 30 even... I think Orlando is still trying to play winning basketball, they are not yet a rebuilding team.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

i think he might even share the court with Cole. MCW can defend and he was intensely engaged on his debut. that would be great for his value and for Orlando, as I see MCW as a much better floor general and Cole is ultimately more of a shooting guard. Orlando seems like the ideal scenario for a stat stuffer like him, even if he's playing as a backup for 25 minutes

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2021 at 2:15 AM, Aimar said:

i think he might even share the court with Cole. MCW can defend and he was intensely engaged on his debut. that would be great for his value and for Orlando, as I see MCW as a much better floor general and Cole is ultimately more of a shooting guard. Orlando seems like the ideal scenario for a stat stuffer like him, even if he's playing as a backup for 25 minutes

Nail on Head

Link to post
Share on other sites

He is still getting his legs back. And my valuation for him always depended on him coming off the bench and giving bench boost for fantasy points. Wait and hold.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

How do we think of MCW now that hes had some games under his belt. Seems like hes definitely a multi cat contributor.

Of all the slim pickin's streamers today I picked him up.  I like his present role and minutes with Orlando.  He isn't gonna give you much offense but the rebounds, assists and potential blocks and steals are nice.  And he's been averaging around 30 minutes each game.  They are going against the Nets so they'll likely get thwomped, but hopefully that doesn't affect his playing time too much.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

Of all the slim pickin's streamers today I picked him up.  I like his present role and minutes with Orlando.  He isn't gonna give you much offense but the rebounds, assists and potential blocks and steals are nice.  And he's been averaging around 30 minutes each game.  They are going against the Nets so they'll likely get thwomped, but hopefully that doesn't affect his playing time too much.

Was thinking same thing. With a light game schedule tonight his name drew me in because he could have one of those bigger contribution games you look for in a streamer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FantasyMamba said:

Was thinking same thing. With a light game schedule tonight his name drew me in because he could have one of those bigger contribution games you look for in a streamer.

Lol I was streaming him mostly for rebounds and defensive stats and he got zero boards, steals or blocks in 23 mins. Impressive. I'll take the efficiency tho.

Still might hold on at least until post ASB when Anthony gets back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...