NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 hours ago, desert86 said:

top 100 player in my league over the last 2 weeks. seems very rosterable to me, especially with the coming 2B eligibility. 

Unfortunately the season is 6+ months long not 2 weeks. These numbers, over the course of a month + are not going to get it done in a 10 team league. 

AB
R
H
2B
3B
HR
RBI
SB
AVG
OBP
SLG
Season Stats
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Excellent. Now he can be completely useless at 2b, instead of Util.

There is such a thing as relying too much on advanced stats, particularly in small samples.  This Fangraphs post about the wide gulf between Matt Carpenter's scorching 2021 barrel / exit velocity numb

Not alphabetical order by last name...

2 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Unfortunately the season is 6+ months long not 2 weeks. These numbers, over the course of a month + are not going to get it done in a 10 team league. 

AB
R
H
2B
3B
HR
RBI
SB
AVG
OBP
SLG
Season Stats

So he was bad the first two weeks and good the second two weeks. Your argument- that the season is long, not two weeks, could be used against you here, as you seem to be placing a lot of emphasis on the first two weeks where he struggled. 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, robbybobby005 said:

So he was bad the first two weeks and good the second two weeks. Your argument- that the season is long, not two weeks, could be used against you here, as you seem to be placing a lot of emphasis on the first two weeks where he struggled. 

@jmcampbe11 thoughts?

14 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

@jmcampbe11 thoughts?

I was looking at his ENTIRE season. I was also looking his prior MLB experience. If you want to believe that the last two weeks are more of indicator of what type of player he'll be ROS then you do you.

• Like 2

I’ll take the statcast data as an indicator. 
xBA .303 with a 40.7 Hard hit rate. His HR/FB is at 4% he’s been closer to 10% in his career. He has an xSLG of .451. 13% K% 11% BB%. Has 96 percentile sprint speed. 
He’s getting lots of ABs at the lead off spot too. BA, Runs, Some steals and maybe as the weather warns more power. Looks like a post hype sleeper to me I’ll buy in even in my 10 team league 

26 minutes ago, tristan0823 said:

I’ll take the statcast data as an indicator. 
xBA .303 with a 40.7 Hard hit rate. His HR/FB is at 4% he’s been closer to 10% in his career. He has an xSLG of .451. 13% K% 11% BB%. Has 96 percentile sprint speed. 
He’s getting lots of ABs at the lead off spot too. BA, Runs, Some steals and maybe as the weather warns more power. Looks like a post hype sleeper to me I’ll buy in even in my 10 team league 

0 - 5 today. And the weather hasn't really seemed to affect anyone else hitting HRs in Cincy. Winker 7 HRs...Castellanos 9 HRs...Naquin 8 HRs...Suarez 6 HRs...Votto 5 HRs. 

I'm not trying to dump on Senzel, it's just that he doesn't really do anything exceptionally well. He's like a modern day Dexter Fowler. Maybe he'll get better. I'm rooting for him, but I'm not rostering him right now. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

0 - 5 today. And the weather hasn't really seemed to affect anyone else hitting HRs in Cincy. Winker 7 HRs...Castellanos 9 HRs...Naquin 8 HRs...Suarez 6 HRs...Votto 5 HRs. 

I'm not trying to dump on Senzel, it's just that he doesn't really do anything exceptionally well. He's like a modern day Dexter Fowler. Maybe he'll get better. I'm rooting for him, but I'm not rostering him right now. 

No i get that. You mentioned shallow league (10 team) which makes it harder to roster fringe players 

I was simply saying there is reason for optimism. Some leagues you need to be early to guy instead of late. 
BA .277 vs xBA .303, SLG .333 vs xSLG .451 then the plate discipline shows it’s likely he maintains the average. 
If his FB/HR rate regresses to his average and his Slugging comes up it’s not unreasonable to believe that there will be enough power to make him relevant at 2B. Let alone 5OF or MI leagues. 
As long as he’s leading off for the Reds, looking at his plate skills he should be a good source for Runs and Average. There’s tools that suggest he could add to SB and there is power potential. 

2 minutes ago, tristan0823 said:

No i get that. You mentioned shallow league (10 team) which makes it harder to roster fringe players 

I was simply saying there is reason for optimism. Some leagues you need to be early to guy instead of late. 
BA .277 vs xBA .303, SLG .333 vs xSLG .451 then the plate discipline shows it’s likely he maintains the average. 
If his FB/HR rate regresses to his average and his Slugging comes up it’s not unreasonable to believe that there will be enough power to make him relevant at 2B. Let alone 5OF or MI leagues. 
As long as he’s leading off for the Reds, looking at his plate skills he should be a good source for Runs and Average. There’s tools that suggest he could add to SB and there is power potential. 

My main league may only have ten teams, but we play 5 OFs, a utility player and a corner and middle infield player so the offensive players get fringy pretty quickly. And I get what you're saying about needing to act early. I actually drafted Senzel (in the same league), but couldn't justify keeping him. He just wasn't bringing enough to the table. In terms of value, if we just look at his team mates I think he's somewhere between Winker and India. Unfortunately that's a pretty wide range. I guess time will tell. Like I said, I'm rooting for him. 

18 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

I'm dense sometimes. Is this a joke, or is there reason to think it'll happen?

He looks great at 2B and an infield position keeps him healthier than crashing into walls so I think he's halfway there already. Suarez is the worst SS in baseball by OAA and Farmer's playing there now.

But once Votto returns, one of Suarez or Moose has no position. And if Senzel goes back to CF than Naquin AND Shogo have no position. 

I'm like half joking and half serious considering the Reds started the year with Suarez at the position. Anything is possible. 

• Like 1

Saw this the other day. Thought I'd share. Compliments from a teammate can be taken with a grain of salt but...nice to hear.

• Like 1

Hope he bounces back from whatever injury he just suffered like a 13-year-old

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Lot of talk, not much action.

I just streamed him for Coors. Let's hope he does stuff.

I love stuff.

Well, that lasted 1 at bat. And he was the first hitter in the game for the entire series

Edited by Jericho
  • Like 1
On 5/11/2021 at 8:25 AM, CardiacDO said:

Well, I hope he keeps turning it around. He has great matchups this week so he's worth a flier. Looked good last night again Mitch "Gas Can" Keller.   Warning, in my past experience with Senzel, he is that guy who you look at on the wire, see he's had few nice days, good matchups coming up, so you add him. He then proceeds to get hurt or go 1/20 the next 5 days.  Buyer beware. 

Death, Taxes and Nick Senzel turning into a flaming pile of crap every time I own him.