NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Excellent. Now he can be completely useless at 2b, instead of Util.

There is such a thing as relying too much on advanced stats, particularly in small samples.  This Fangraphs post about the wide gulf between Matt Carpenter's scorching 2021 barrel / exit velocity numb

Not alphabetical order by last name...

On 5/16/2021 at 12:05 PM, murraygd13 said:

I give it 4 games before he's hurt again.

1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

a bit aggressive. 2 games.

Best I can do is to split the difference and call it 3.50.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

he literally doesn't really do anything. 

He leads the league in caught stealing 😜

• Haha 2
On 5/16/2021 at 2:05 PM, murraygd13 said:

I give it 4 games before he's hurt again.

Confirmed!!

6 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

He just hit the wire in a league I'm in.  I want to pick him up cuz the kids talented, but the body of work says not to.

You're certainly right - very talented all around player where I think if he could stay on the field without hurting himself, he could get in a groove and show us he can play legit 5 tool baseball.  Problem is he has yet to do that - dude is made of paper mache.  In a redraft league I think you're good to leave him out there if its 12 teams and under due to his unreliability... if you have a spot and want a 2B/OF in a dynasty, I would definitely consider adding.  I could certainly see him going on a tear during the summer months health permitting.

Off to knee surgery...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/05/nick-senzel-to-undergo-knee-surgery.html

Reds infielder/outfielder Nick Senzel will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, manager David Bell announced (via Bobby Nightengale of the Cincinnati Enquirer). The Reds expect Senzel to miss approximately four to six weeks.

The news come five days after the Reds placed Senzel on the 10-day IL, and it’s the latest injury-related setback the former second overall pick and premium prospect has endured in his young career. Senzel previously dealt with issues with his shoulder (including surgery), ankle, groin, and finger, and he also missed time with an illness last season.

More to come.

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

See the source image

atleast sizemore played 4 full seasons in a row

I would say that this is a blast from the past but there are still guys in the league who are older than Grady.🤣

17 hours ago, posty said:

Off to knee surgery...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/05/nick-senzel-to-undergo-knee-surgery.html

Reds infielder/outfielder Nick Senzel will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, manager David Bell announced (via Bobby Nightengale of the Cincinnati Enquirer). The Reds expect Senzel to miss approximately four to six weeks.

The news come five days after the Reds placed Senzel on the 10-day IL, and it’s the latest injury-related setback the former second overall pick and premium prospect has endured in his young career. Senzel previously dealt with issues with his shoulder (including surgery), ankle, groin, and finger, and he also missed time with an illness last season.

More to come.

Man, some players are injury magnets.  

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2021 at 3:24 PM, hangin n wangin said:

he literally doesn't really do anything. 

It really is crazy we spend 6 pages talking about.a guy because 3 years ago some publications ranked him as a top prospect. If no ranking, this guy is irrelevant. 

Edited by CardiacDO
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, CardiacDO said:

It really is crazy we spend 6 pages talking about.a guy because 3 years ago some publications ranked him as a top prospect. If no ranking, this guy is irrelevant. 

he was a top 10 prospect in baseball in all 3 rankings for two straight years (3 straight years in baseball america)

not to mention he was on a better than 20/20 pace as rookie in his first 100 games while being banged up if i remember..

we may never see a full healthy season but to say hes not talented (thats how i read what you posted)  or irrelevant doesnt make alot of sense. anyone with 20/20 or better upside and cant hit for avg is relevant in fantasy. we had hype trains for manny margot, dahl, sd profar, hampson, lauereano, benny ect for there potentialt fantasy relevance.

edit- forgot he had a career 895 ops in minors

Edited by colepenhagen
13 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

he was a top 10 prospect in baseball in all 3 rankings for two straight years (3 straight years in baseball america)

not to mention he was on a better than 20/20 pace as rookie in his first 100 games while being banged up if i remember..

we may never see a full healthy season but to say hes not talented (thats how i read what you posted)  or irrelevant doesnt make alot of sense. anyone with 20/20 or better upside and cant hit for avg is relevant in fantasy. we had hype trains for manny margot, dahl, sd profar, hampson, lauereano, benny ect for there potentialt fantasy relevance.

edit- forgot he had a career 895 ops in minors

He's  done nothing in the major leagues and I think it's safe to say he's injury prone.  But 20/20 upside from a guy who has more stints on the DL than career home runs?  Sure, keep dreaming about him...

Just now, CardiacDO said:

He's  done nothing in the major leagues and I think it's safe to say he's injury prone.  But 20/20 upside from a guy who has more stints on the DL than career home runs?  Sure, keep dreaming about him...

i guess you didnt read my post but cool. 12/14 his rookie year while  banged up isnt  nothing.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, dicka24 said:

Man, some players are injury magnets.  

It took me longer than it should have, but I simply now believe that "soft tissue injuries" often aren't a sign of bad luck or represent mere chance, they're signs that a guy is simply injury prone due to genetics, biometric issues with their gait, physique, etc., or a result of poor conditioning.  

None of those problems tend to get better as people get older and richer.  

**When a guy takes a baseball off the hand and breaks his finger, that's not a "soft tissue injury."  That isn't the kind of injury I'm talking about.

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

senzel has a 23.5/23.5 780 ops pace for the first 1/3 of his career. (55 games) (163 career games)

Yeah, and Bill Walton was looking like he was going to be an all-time great NBA center after his first two seasons.

It isn't the talent that's the problem.  

Edited by Overlord