Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Nick Senzel 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

i guess you didnt read my post but cool. 12/14 his rookie year while  banged up isnt  nothing.

In 2019 that was below replacement level. And he's always banged up. That's the point. Hope and talent don't win fantasy championships, production does. He doesn't produce. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

In 2019 that was below replacement level. And he's always banged up. That's the point. Hope and talent don't win fantasy championships, production does. He doesn't produce. 

Sometimes betting on that talent does win ships though.  Add in the fact that Senzel was virtually free this year and I'm not surprised a lot of people gambled on him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

He's been on a rehab assignment for a week, so his return should be imminent. With Castellanos heading towards an activation, if not today, by this weekend, how are things going to shake out for PT in Cincy? The Reds figure to be cautious with Senzel, so I'm not sure he's a fantasy option outside of deep leagues, but more likely to be a total buzzkill to the value of guys like Farmer, Naquin and Suarez, and further sink any deep league value for Aquino.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

He's been on a rehab assignment for a week, so his return should be imminent. With Castellanos heading towards an activation, if not today, by this weekend, how are things going to shake out for PT in Cincy? The Reds figure to be cautious with Senzel, so I'm not sure he's a fantasy option outside of deep leagues, but more likely to be a total buzzkill to the value of guys like Farmer, Naquin and Suarez, and further sink any deep league value for Aquino.

I'd imagine he's a part time player unless/until he shows he's healthy or proves he deserves a regular spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I'd imagine he's a part time player unless/until he shows he's healthy or proves he deserves a regular spot.

Yeah plus they're gonna play him everywhere. Not exactly a great call for his overall health coming back from knee surgery, but this is the Reds, after all. 

Edited by Richard Kimble
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Senzel has been a big disappointment so far....I think he has to earn any PT so not expecting him to make an impact right away...probably bounces around as a utility player/bench bat unless he shows somethin.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

Yeah plus they're gonna play him everywhere. Not exactly a great call for his overall health coming back from knee surgery, but this is the Reds, after all. 

I just saw that Moose is back this weekend as well.  It's going to be an interesting situation there in Cincy.  I'd imagine Votto and India are entrenched at 2B and 1B.  Would Senzel get reps at SS?   Also, Moose to 3B and Saurez to where?  The bench, SS, and committee of some kind?   It's the Reds so who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...