2. Cavan Biggio
  3. Bo Bichette
  4. Vlad Guerrero Jr
  5. Teoscar Hernandez
  6. Lourdes Gurriel Jr
  7. Rowdy Tellez
  8. Randal Grichek
  9. Danny Jansen

That's juicy. If Jansen can live up to the hype and Teoscar is for real this lineup will do some damage.

12 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Projected lineup:

1. George Springer
  2. Cavan Biggio
  3. Bo Bichette
  4. Vlad Guerrero Jr
  5. Teoscar Hernandez
  6. Lourdes Gurriel Jr
  7. Rowdy Tellez
  8. Randal Grichek
  9. Danny Jansen

That's juicy. If Jansen can live up to the hype and Teoscar is for real this lineup will do some damage.

I wonder how Kirk is going to fit into this situation. I would have guessed he would be their #1 catcher

New RR projected lineup with Brantley added.

image.png.9705adb638cb24e1d2e46a798e5f8776.png

Brantley at 4 doesn't feel right. I'd rather see Biggio, Brantley, Bichette and Springer in that order. If Biggio isn't leading off, better to put him 9 and let Teoscar and Vlad hit 4/5.  And yeah Kirk needs to be the starter.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Just now, Lorr said:

Said won’t miss more than a week

Fingers Crossed but I have a hard time believing this. Obliques are tricky, and the fact that it was described as a grade 2 means that the team should proceed cautiously or risk him aggravating and missing another month or two like Aaron Judge

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Fingers Crossed but I have a hard time believing this. Obliques are tricky, and the fact that it was described as a grade 2 means that the team should proceed cautiously or risk him aggravating and missing another month or two like Aaron Judge

I didn't believe it either, but I think that this is not a new injury, just a new diagnosis. There's been reports of abdominal pain throughout camp.

On 3/23/2021 at 4:53 PM, NoHablaIngles said:

Mitch Haniger had an oblique back in 2017.  Put him out for a month and a half and he was a shell when he came back.  It was another couple months before he started getting going again.

30 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah obliques can linger and really worsen if not allowed to properly heal. I have a terrible feeling this is gonna be an issue for quite some time...ugh

Yeah I mean a week is the most optimistic prognosis for a grade 2 oblique in history

46 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Had another MRI today, results not clear but they are still calling him 'day-to-day'...really wish they would just IL him, but whatever.

They have tickets to sell, there is no way they're going to deliver bad news until they absolutely have to. 

The Indianapolis Colts were all-timers on this front.  They strung along the "Peyton Manning returning any day now" for like half the 2011 season.  When I read that he had had a cervical fusion I had to laugh as there was zero chance of him playing that year.  Those PSLs weren't going to market themselves, though.  

• Like 2

On 3/29/2021 at 6:18 PM, Overlord said:

They have tickets to sell, there is no way they're going to deliver bad news until they absolutely have to. 

The Indianapolis Colts were all-timers on this front.  They strung along the "Peyton Manning returning any day now" for like half the 2011 season.  When I read that he had had a cervical fusion I had to laugh as there was zero chance of him playing that year.  Those PSLs weren't going to market themselves, though.  

Yeah there's no way I'd go watch this team play with Springer out.

Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins said Friday that George Springer (oblique) could return in time for the team's home opener on April 8.

Springer suffered a Grade 2 strain of his left oblique in mid-March but is making nice progress.