NBC Sports EDGE Forums

George Springer 2021 Outlook

B&F

Just now, collucho said:

image.png.f202a2feb6b0d639c4be45c0503e2662.png

You're in danger of losing all credibility, Hawk.

I have no credibility. None of us did. The team pulled a fast one out from under all of us. I don't expect Springer to return until next month. They ****** up and I don't think they want to bring him back this time until he is legit 100%. At this point, Im hoping for a great summer from him but I fully expect to not see an AB from him in May

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Springer back first day eligible, confirmed. 

I don’t know Brock..this guy has been spot on with his “info” so far..

my guess is that he talked to the Dry Cleaning service next to the team hotel and they told him George requested extra starch in his pants so going by that,  George will be back sometime in June

🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

In danger? 🤣🤣🤣🤣...that time has come and gone my friend

My man Hawk is taking an L in this thread for his springer news, but this L is relatively minor compared to the Hall of Fame / Mount Rushmore of Rotoworld NBC Sports Edge Ls:

1. “Lebron James has ruined every franchise he’s ever played for” guy

2. “deGrom should be traded for McKenzie Gore, but Padres would say no” guy

3. “vlad is fat and doesn’t have a swing for the major leagues” guys

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Anything new on when he's coming back?  Injuries starting to pile up with guys now.

May want to check with FEARTHEHAWK...maybe he has talked to the local Taco Bell assistant manager who may have news on what Springer has been ordering lately, that might give some insight on when he will be returning

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

May want to check with FEARTHEHAWK...maybe he has talked to the local Taco Bell assistant manager who may have news on what Springer has been ordering lately, that might give some insight on when he will be returning

Word is he sprinted to the bathroom after housing his Crunchwrap Supreme rather quickly. Quad looked good. DTD with a tummy ache. 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Anything new on him?  Could really use his bat in the lineup.

Not really. The updates have been very light, the latest I heard over the weekend weekend was he did some running drills and "looked good" and that a rehab stint was MAYBE on the horizon this week...so probably still a few weeks away from game action at best. They'll have him on rehab with updates when he is ready. Maybe we'll see him before the ASB 🙄

Just now, Richard Kimble said:

Not really. The updates have been very light, the latest I heard over the weekend weekend was he did some running drills and "looked good" and that a rehab stint was MAYBE on the horizon this week...so probably still a few weeks away from game action at best. They'll have him on rehab with updates when he is ready. Maybe we'll see him before the ASB 🙄

Same.  Very frustrating.  Kind of a worst case to never play but not get definitive word that he is going to be out.  Just have to cross my fingers that we'll see him again with the ability to play meaningful amount of the remaining season.

20 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Read somewhere today he could be starting a rehab assignment this week (NOBODY is holding their breath)

where is that guy who has the “inside” scoop on George?  Hopefully he checks with the Jays local Papa Johns delivery driver to confirm these reports…

Starting it tomorrow. Number of games unknown. 

Sounds like he was removed in the 4th innning tonight for unknown reasons. Speculation the field was a little wet and they didn't want him to tweak something but haven't seen anything official yet. Not a good look though.

16 hours ago, Superdood43 said:

Sounds like he was removed in the 4th innning tonight for unknown reasons. Speculation the field was a little wet and they didn't want him to tweak something but haven't seen anything official yet. Not a good look though.

of course they won't make the decision until tomorrow and i'm sure it'll be after weekly leagues lock

• Like 2