NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade for one of these guys? WHIR

Hey guys

So, an owner is looking to shake up his squad, and is open to offers. There's 3 guys that really stick out that I'd be interested in: Porzingis, Fox or Brandon Ingram.

My squad is listed below. I really like Porzingis, and he fits on what I want on my squad - 3's and blocks. 

Fox would bump up the assist numbers and steals

Ingram is a pure stud as well.

He mentioned he would like John Collins or JJJ in return.

Thoughts on who to trade for?

leave a link

John Collins for Porzingis... There is bit more risk regarding his injury history, but he  will only get better this season when he stays healthy. You an also try Herro for Fox. Herro has now some good numbers, maybe tonight again if he plays, because Butler is still out. Lets see if he takes it?

Good luck!

8 minutes ago, Bernard said:

John Collins for Porzingis... There is bit more risk regarding his injury history, but he  will only get better this season when he stays healthy. You an also try Herro for Fox. Herro has now some good numbers, maybe tonight again if he plays, because Butler is still out. Lets see if he takes it?

Good luck!

I don't think he's doing a Herro for Fox (i'll throw it out there anyway).

I'm unsure about the Collins or JJJ side. I'm wary of JJJ as he should have been back by now, and I feel the Griz are really going to take it easy on him - mins restrictions and probably no B2B

Yeah just try! I also have JJJ in my team and will definitely keep him. I know, its a gamble but what a player and he even growed bigger over the last year length wise. The one you trade with is interested in him because he will be back within some weeks. Lets see about the b2b games, I think Porzingis is also playing the b2b's?

Edited by Bernard
1 minute ago, Bernard said:

Yeah just try! I also have JJJ in my team and will definitely keep him. I know, its a gamble but what a player and he even growed bigger over the last year length wise. The one you trade with is interested in him because he will be back within some weeks. Lets see about the b2b games, I think Porzingis is also playing the b2b's?

Porzingis just got cleared for B2B - so he should be good for the rest of the season

So that can also happen with JJJ, right? Maybe he need some weeks... I would keep him.

Maybe - but there's 0 news coming out of Memphis right now. Plus, he's wearing a very large brace right now - which is not great news. 

Brace while playing you mean? Where is the source for this. I had the idea he was going into the right direction.

I'll try and find the pic and post it. He did a recent interview and they showed him hanging out on the court during a practice (i'm guessing) and he had a large brace on his knee

Hmmm, yeah they are being careful of course. I would still hold him for a week at least and see if there is any update. Think i will regret if I’m trading/dropping him now. He said he will be back soon...

28 minutes ago, Bernard said:

Hmmm, yeah they are being careful of course. I would still hold him for a week at least and see if there is any update. Think i will regret if I’m trading/dropping him now. He said he will be back soon...

Him saying it and the Griz management of it are 2 different things unfortunately 

I would trade away John Collins for Porzingis for a couple of reasons:

Trae Young and John Collins are not seeing eye-to-eye. Not good when they are the team's top 2 players. Worst when the star player handles the rock and decides whether to pass to Collins ... or not.

Collins was expected to grow further this season after last year's strong numbers . Hasn't happen. Instead De'Andre Hunter has become the team's second leading offensive player. Capela and Huerte are both playing well and Danilo Gallinari will return soon.

For these reasons I do not see Collins approximating last season's numbers.

Try to sell Collins past achievement and see if the shaky owner bites. Even mention that Collins had a higher ADP, lower injury risk, etc.

5 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

I would trade away John Collins for Porzingis for a couple of reasons:

Trae Young and John Collins are not seeing eye-to-eye. Not good when they are the team's top 2 players. Worst when the star player handles the rock and decides whether to pass to Collins ... or not.

Collins was expected to grow further this season after last year's strong numbers . Hasn't happen. Instead De'Andre Hunter has become the team's second leading offensive player. Capela and Huerte are both playing well and Danilo Gallinari will return soon.

For these reasons I do not see Collins approximating last season's numbers.

Try to sell Collins past achievement and see if the shaky owner bites. Even mention that Collins had a higher ADP, lower injury risk, etc.

Yea - he loves Collins. I think I can make that work for a deal

in a 10 team league-  try offering your 2 players for his 1.  i would definitely include Collins.  i would include Conley.  not a believer in Ayton.  maybe the Porzingis owner wants to take a chance on him Ayton bouncing back after having his best game of season

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, chefboyarg said:

in a 10 team league-  try offering your 2 players for his 1.  i would definitely include Collins.  i would include Conley.  not a believer in Ayton.  maybe the Porzingis owner wants to take a chance on him Ayton bouncing back after having his best game of season

I want to offer Collins + Herro for Porzingis and Fox. I may have to add a pick swap to make that happen

29 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

I want to offer Collins + Herro for Porzingis and Fox. I may have to add a pick swap to make that happen

that is one greedy trade offer lol .... kudos to you if you pull it off.