Cody Zeller 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big Caruso at it again!!!

They’ve got wins on the heat, bucks and pacers and now find themselves in serious play off contention. Big Zel has been instrumental in those wins and I can’t see him losing minutes anytime soon. At t

No tougher than Embiid, Giannis, Bam and Gobert who he’s played in the last week.    Actually think it’s a prime matchup for Cody, as he moves very well up and down the court, and Boogie looks

1 hour ago, Cyclone007 said:

Might regret dropping him for Steven Adams

you prob will if you're not punting ft%, also if Zeller gets 30+ mins a night he'll be more valuable. But that's a big IF, he always seems to fall off. In addition, hornets might trade for a big before the deadline. 

19 minutes ago, 80version said:

I’m happy to have him as an end of bench big but my gut’s telling me it’s just a matter of time before he gets injured (again).  

Yea I'm treating it exactly the same. I'm going to ride him until the wheels fall off from injury or loss of minutes played. I scooped up Wendell Carter Jr. as someone dropped him in my league. Not sure why as we have 3 IL spots, lol.

The problem with him has always been minutes. I looked through his per36 stats and they're pretty in line with what he's been getting the past couple games. The question is now why is he all of a sudden getting minutes. His backup has been Biyombo for a while now. 

1 minute ago, hardyharhar said:

The problem with him has always been minutes. I looked through his per36 stats and they're pretty in line with what he's been getting the past couple games. The question is now why is he all of a sudden getting minutes. His backup has been Biyombo for a while now. 

Boosting up that trade value maybe

4 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

They don't have bigs, he is better than Biyombo and Hornets have been winning since he returned from injury no reason why he won't keep getting good monutes

They’ve got wins on the heat, bucks and pacers and now find themselves in serious play off contention. Big Zel has been instrumental in those wins and I can’t see him losing minutes anytime soon. At this stage he’s more of a chance at rediscovering his disappearing hair line than losing minutes. Sit back, relax and watch caruso’s biological long lost brother continue to go on a tear boys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Pattythrills said:

They’ve got wins on the heat, bucks and pacers and now find themselves in serious play off contention. Big Zel has been instrumental in those wins and I can’t see him losing minutes anytime soon. At this stage he’s more of a chance at rediscovering his disappearing hair line than losing minutes. Sit back, relax and watch caruso’s biological long lost brother continue to go on a tear boys.

Yeah their offensive rating has been the highest with Zeller at starting centre, so he's there to stay and should get 30+ mins a game, and if he indeed is in contract season should be in line to play the best ball he can. 2 of the most important things for fantasy: Contract season and wife having a new child. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

They don't have bigs, he is better than Biyombo and Hornets have been winning since he returned from injury no reason why he won't keep getting good monutes

Last season the backup bigs were Biyombo and Hernangomez who were both trash and he only got 23 mpg. Year before that the backup centers were Biyombo, Hernangomez, and Kaminsky and he only got 25 mpg. They've never had good bigs yet he's always had low minutes. One reason would be if they went small but I don't think they used Marvin Williams that much at center.

7 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

Last season the backup bigs were Biyombo and Hernangomez who were both trash and he only got 23 mpg. Year before that the backup centers were Biyombo, Hernangomez, and Kaminsky and he only got 25 mpg. They've never had good bigs yet he's always had low minutes. One reason would be if they went small but I don't think they used Marvin Williams that much at center.

Ya the plan was to use PJ at center but that doesn't look likely plus they have kind of soured on Miles Bridges. Not expecting 30 mpg but I think he can get solid minutes especially since they have been winning and he has a strong IQ