Cody Zeller 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big Caruso at it again!!!

They’ve got wins on the heat, bucks and pacers and now find themselves in serious play off contention. Big Zel has been instrumental in those wins and I can’t see him losing minutes anytime soon. At t

No tougher than Embiid, Giannis, Bam and Gobert who he’s played in the last week.    Actually think it’s a prime matchup for Cody, as he moves very well up and down the court, and Boogie looks

2 minutes ago, rocky7st said:

Cousins will be a tough matchup for him. And PJ back, trick decisions to make

Zeller was playing 25-30+ min with PJ in the starting lineup. Basically the PF/C are split between Zeller/PJ/Bridges with Biyombo getting scrap 5-10 minutes. 

1 hour ago, rocky7st said:

Cousins will be a tough matchup for him. And PJ back, trick decisions to make

No tougher than Embiid, Giannis, Bam and Gobert who he’s played in the last week. 

Actually think it’s a prime matchup for Cody, as he moves very well up and down the court, and Boogie looks like he’s wearing concrete shoes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Pattythrills said:

No tougher than Embiid, Giannis, Bam and Gobert who he’s played in the last week. 

Actually think it’s a prime matchup for Cody, as he moves very well up and down the court, and Boogie looks like he’s wearing concrete shoes.

And other than against the Heat he had scores of 7, 9 and 6 on 30% shooting

25 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Scoring isn't his main source of value, it's mainly boards, out of position assists, good FT% for a big, and low TOs.

Agree but for a big he should also be high FG%

1 minute ago, Kraptocracy said:

His career FG% is just over .5. I think he'll be fine.

Yes I'm sure he will be, I was pointing out that his FG% took a hit when he went up against other big men so far. Don't get me wrong I own the man, I'm just setting my expectations for his next match up

7 minutes ago, RedMamba said:

Worth rostering? I'm worried about his minutes. Biyombo overplayed him against Spurs

Not sure which game you were watching. Cody played better but they did nearly split the minutes. 

Happy with Zeller's line today. 

1 minute ago, HotSauce24 said:

Not sure which game you were watching. Cody played better but they did nearly split the minutes. 

Happy with Zeller's line today. 

Agreed. Zeller is doing enough to keep on the roster. If someone is losing because he's not playing 10 extra minutes, that's on them.

• Like 1

Yeah, the trend is down here. PJ Washington is playing more at center the last few games and it looks like it may stick. Zeller is hard to justify keeping after 4 games of the same stuff. Even knowing that, I'm holding for 1 more game and then dropping if it's the same trend.