NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jaden McDaniels 2020-2021 Outlook

• 2 weeks later...

New coach, new situation. He did talk about cutting down the rotation, but it is guessing game right here. You would think he has a nice chance if he strings together few good games.

1 hour ago, Cozie said:

Anybody thinks this last game is a possible spring board for future gems or just a one game fluke? 

Yes. Coach has to decide who will be his starting PF/SF. Layman is suddenly relevant, but I think that is to have some 3p shooting while Beas is out. The next question is whether Vandy or JMcD should start at PF. Vandy was not good in the last game. He had some early foul trouble. He did start the 3rd, but was overall not impressive. Was not able to catch the ball on cuts, had no outside shot, could not help well on D, which is supposed to be his calling card.

McD comes in, and just goes off. Some of that was with the 2nd unit (Naz Reid), but in the 2nd half, a lot of it was alongside KAT. And they got the win against a solid NOL team.

There is a very real possibility that Finch will see the light and go with McD.

I'm pretty sure one of these guys will win a 30 minute PF role this week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From what I've seen of him he seems like he'll be a decent three and D guy, one that may be better in real life than fantasy at this point.  Too many other ball dominant players even without Beasley and Russell, and he's not a great rebounder for the position.  Sometimes stocks and threes, but too many low end nights to justify owning him in most leagues.

He's like Patrick Williams but off the bench and with fewer minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FantasyMamba said:

He's been trending up lately and it seems like they are transitioning the PF spot to be his. 

Very fantasy friendly game he just needs the minutes. Do we think this can stick? 

Beasley comes back today.  So let's see who the odd man out is. Is it Vanderbilt or McDaniels. 

Love his defense, but he's super low end in everything it seems even when he gets minutes.  Doesn't really hustle for rebounds, gives you maybe a block, maybe a couple threes, not much else.

Feel like I mentioned it earlier in the thread, I think he's a useful real life player who won't do much to boost you in fantasy, he's Minnesota's version of Patrick Williams.  And you have even more touches and shots that will be taken by Beasley and DLo at some point.  Eh.  Unless you think he's going to start delivering RoCo/Anunoby light production if he's given consistent starter minutes.

4 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Minutes trending up.

Stats trending up.

Last 2.

14-4 with 2 blocks

14-2-1 with 1 block 

And today

14-6-4 with 4 blocks with a quarter to go. 

Granted this is the Nets and the last two were Houston, but you love to see him kill it out there. Looks like a star especially tonight

• Like 1

Guess I'll contradict my last post and jump back on the train again, hopefully third time's the charm.  Liking the minutes lately and hope the coaching staff confidence in him translates to him having more confidence offensively on the court.