Jaden McDaniels 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hitting my dick for not trusting my instinct and pick him up 

Finch is a well-known commodity among coaches. He was he assistant responsible for creating the Jokic/Denver offense. Also, the early Zion/Ingram Pelicans era. He is supposedly an offensive genius. 

I jumped from Vanderbilt to McDaniels because of what McDaniels has shown. His per-minute block/3pm combo stats are monstrous. He has more poise, an outside shot, and discipline with the ball. He can

Just added him. Moses Brown & Kevin Porter owners get on my nerves, they taking all the lottery tickets. I’m trying to keep up lol 😏

6 hours ago, wangjiny said:

Drop Danny green for him??

5 hours ago, MITICOLOVER said:

No brain... for Danny green in my opinion

3 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

Well Danny has been incredible the last few weeks.

lol ya I really like Mcdaniels but Danny Green is ranked 31st on BBM over the last month and 20th in the last two weeks. Feel like there's got to be a worse player to drop.

13 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

contemplating dropping NAW or Evan Fournier for this guy but I see inconsistency from McDaniels.

Look at it this way. NAW is very likely back to the bench once lonzo is back which cuts down on his production. Fournier will be a 6th man as well and will not be anywhere close to his Orlando production. 

McDaniels on the other hand is getting big starting minutes and has a ton of upside. I would be comfortable taking the flier on him over NAW and Fournier. Sometimes you have to gamble on these young high upside guys 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Look at it this way. NAW is very likely back to the bench once lonzo is back which cuts down on his production. Fournier will be a 6th man as well and will not be anywhere close to his Orlando production. 

McDaniels on the other hand is getting big starting minutes and has a ton of upside. I would be comfortable taking the flier on him over NAW and Fournier. Sometimes you have to gamble on these young high upside guys 

That's what you're doing by holding NAW as well, and its possible Bledsoe is the one who sees the bench.  As someone who has NAW I don't think I would've dropped him for McDaniels.  But Fournier, that I might consider, especially since it might take awhile for him to find his groove in Boston, and even then like you said probably not match what he was doing in Orlando.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

That's what you're doing by holding NAW as well, and its possible Bledsoe is the one who sees the bench.  As someone who has NAW I don't think I would've dropped him for McDaniels.  But Fournier, that I might consider, especially since it might take awhile for him to find his groove in Boston, and even then like you said probably not match what he was doing in Orlando.

Yeah NAW might very well be a ROS hold. The way I see it is that you're essentially choosing between 2 high upside young guys with a lot of potential. You can't really go wrong with either so it'd come down to personal preference. For me, I have a lot of guards that give me similar stats to NAWs on my team, so I opted to go with McDaniels because I like his stocks potential 

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, fabrar said:

6 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Yeah NAW might very well be a ROS hold. The way I see it is that you're essentially choosing between 2 high upside young guys with a lot of potential. You can't really go wrong with either so it'd come down to personal preference. For me, I have a lot of guards that give me similar stats to NAWs on my team, so I opted to go with McDaniels because I like his stocks potential 

I want this guy on my roster! But also have to decide whether to drop NAW haha You make a compelling argument for the move. Only other drop is Sato but he's just so solid. I worry about NAW for when Lonzo returns (though maybe he still gets 25min anyway) whereas McDaniels seems to have the starters spot locked up.

This dude is going to win me the ship. Can't believe he was still floating on my waiver wire in my 18-team league last night.

STOCKS for days, don't even care about his PPG or RPG....If he's pulling in 3-4 stocks per game, I'm one happy guy. Anything more than that is just the cherry on the top.

Could easily see him average 12.0 PPG / 5.0 REB / 1.5 3PM / 1.0 SPG / 2.0 BLK for the remainder of the season.

Edited by CORTEz
1 hour ago, gymchamp said:

I want this guy on my roster! But also have to decide whether to drop NAW haha You make a compelling argument for the move. Only other drop is Sato but he's just so solid. I worry about NAW for when Lonzo returns (though maybe he still gets 25min anyway) whereas McDaniels seems to have the starters spot locked up.

Definitely a tough choice, but I'd just temper expectations because McDaniels has gotten solid minutes many times and has always been kind of low end.  Not much of a rebounder, won't get you assists, points in the teens have been his peak with a few threes.  The blocks are what make him enticing.

The hope is obviously that that extra few bit of minutes from low 30s to mid to high 30s propels him into that realm of consistency where everything I mentioned is more of the baseline than the ceiling, and the ceiling is what it has been so far with some meh lows.

But yeah I'm on board so hoping he takes off from here.  Being a rookie you have to think he only improves/gains more confidence as he realizes the team believes in him and wants him to be a core part of their build going forward with all the minutes that he gets and that Vanderbilt/Hernangomez don't get.

Edit: Pardon me, it looks like minutes have generally been more in the 20s.  Looking at it again this really is a huge jump in minutes if he regularly gets in the 30s, especially high 30s.  Well, hopefully to the moon we go as I might be understating his potential.

Edited by CharlesCC2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Could easily see him average 12.0 PPG / 5.0 REB / 1.5 3PM / 1.0 SPG / 2.0 BLK for the remainder of the season.

Easily” might be going a little far.  He is surely capable of producing lines like this, however he is going to have a dud here and there so I’d expect his averages to be a little lower than your projection.  

• Like 1

Just picked him up and am excited.

But people on this thread need to calm down, I'm sure he'll have plenty of 6 points 3 rebound 1 stock games.

To the guy who said he can "easily" average 1 spg and 2 bpg (which would be good for #5 in the NBA)....cool the jets.