Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jaden McDaniels 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Definitely a tough choice, but I'd just temper expectations because McDaniels has gotten solid minutes many times and has always been kind of low end.  Not much of a rebounder, won't get you assists, points in the teens have been his peak with a few threes.  The blocks are what make him enticing.

The hope is obviously that that extra few bit of minutes from low 30s to mid to high 30s propels him into that realm of consistency where everything I mentioned is more of the baseline than the ceiling, and the ceiling is what it has been so far with some meh lows.

But yeah I'm on board so hoping he takes off from here.  Being a rookie you have to think he only improves/gains more confidence as he realizes the team believes in him and wants him to be a core part of their build going forward with all the minutes that he gets and that Vanderbilt/Hernangomez don't get.

Edit: Pardon me, it looks like minutes have generally been more in the 20s.  Looking at it again this really is a huge jump in minutes if he regularly gets in the 30s, especially high 30s.  Well, hopefully to the moon we go as I might be understating his potential.

It's just so tough to drop NAW when he's been playing so well. Maybe I can drop Sato instead for McDaniels and keep NAW. I'd lose assists and Sato has a solid floor but might be better to go with two guys who have such high ceilings.

I guess the question is are the minutes real for McDaniels? The coach seems to really be talking him up and the minutes in the last 4 games are a great indication. Do we think the minutes above 30 are going to stick?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hitting my dick for not trusting my instinct and pick him up 

Finch is a well-known commodity among coaches. He was he assistant responsible for creating the Jokic/Denver offense. Also, the early Zion/Ingram Pelicans era. He is supposedly an offensive genius. 

I jumped from Vanderbilt to McDaniels because of what McDaniels has shown. His per-minute block/3pm combo stats are monstrous. He has more poise, an outside shot, and discipline with the ball. He can

13 minutes ago, gymchamp said:

It's just so tough to drop NAW when he's been playing so well. Maybe I can drop Sato instead for McDaniels and keep NAW. I'd lose assists and Sato has a solid floor but might be better to go with two guys who have such high ceilings.

I guess the question is are the minutes real for McDaniels? The coach seems to really be talking him up and the minutes in the last 4 games are a great indication. Do we think the minutes above 30 are going to stick?

 

I think the minutes should stick. I don't think he'll play like 36-37, but low 30s is very reasonable. They seem to view him as a big part of their future so they'll probably throw him out there with KAT and Ant to build chemistry and develop the guys together. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I think the minutes should stick. I don't think he'll play like 36-37, but low 30s is very reasonable. They seem to view him as a big part of their future so they'll probably throw him out there with KAT and Ant to build chemistry and develop the guys together. 

Thanks. What did you end up doing for your team? Did you drop NAW for McDaniels?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gymchamp said:

Thanks. What did you end up doing for your team? Did you drop NAW for McDaniels?

I dropped NAW. That's my streaming spot anyway and he was my weakest player so I'm ok with rolling the dice on McDaniels and seeing what happens. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gymchamp said:

It's just so tough to drop NAW when he's been playing so well. Maybe I can drop Sato instead for McDaniels and keep NAW. I'd lose assists and Sato has a solid floor but might be better to go with two guys who have such high ceilings.

I guess the question is are the minutes real for McDaniels? The coach seems to really be talking him up and the minutes in the last 4 games are a great indication. Do we think the minutes above 30 are going to stick?

 

Depends on team needs I guess.  Sato is on our wire and I wouldn't drop NAW for him myself.  When DLo comes back and kills Rubio's value I might have to swap if he's still there though, lol.

I think the minutes are going to stick because he gives them a lot on the defensive end, and I'm guessing the coach has realized what an offensive liability Vanderbilt can be.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

i picked him up the other day but haven't seen him play yet. any nba comparison? these threes are crazy

Jonas compares him to Jonathan Isaac. I see a lot of RoCo in him. 3's and defensive stats although he doesnt have any STL or BLK tonight so far.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He is a pretty good defender. The wolves used him on Harden.  Has a really nice shooting stroke.  The wolves got a steal where they drafted him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It didn't show up on the stat sheet today but this guy is a hell of a defender. Really impressive to see this kind of defense from a rookie. He really could be a roco type guy in fantasy 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2021 at 8:21 PM, CharlesCC2 said:

Depends on team needs I guess.  Sato is on our wire and I wouldn't drop NAW for him myself.  When DLo comes back and kills Rubio's value I might have to swap if he's still there though, lol.

I think the minutes are going to stick because he gives them a lot on the defensive end, and I'm guessing the coach has realized what an offensive liability Vanderbilt can be.

I made the move for McDaniels last night and sure am happy I did! 😁

Had him watch listed since the start of the season praying for this moment to happen haha so there's extra pleasure in getting him on my roster now. Finding the right drop was tough though! Moved Sato for him so we'll see if it would have been better to drop NAW instead. I just wish they would announce Ball is out for the season haha or just have him come back already so I can see what the rotation will look like going forward sooner rather than later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

kinda wish he didnt run into this form this week when theres constant days of full slates of games so struggling to get him in. whats the odds of him keeping these defensive stats up? my drop would be noel & his steals/blocks are crucial to my team so would happily replace if i can replicate those numbers whilst adding more 3s

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

kinda wish he didnt run into this form this week when theres constant days of full slates of games so struggling to get him in. whats the odds of him keeping these defensive stats up? my drop would be noel & his steals/blocks are crucial to my team so would happily replace if i can replicate those numbers whilst adding more 3s

I think what you see is what you get. He has one of the better block rates for a forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh dropped him after Finch stopped playing him and now can't pick him up.

He's kinda a young Jonathan Isaac with less steals and a better shooter.

Still worried about D Russ coming back though, this team is kinda ridiculous. By next year, they might have a top 3 pick, have 2 former 1st overall and 1 former 2nd overall pick on the starting line. That's 4 players plus McDaniels or Beasley.

If they still suck then MIN is just a garbage franchise.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...