NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jaden McDaniels 2020-2021 Outlook

3 hours ago, mtx said:

Im just happy Vanderbroke is out of the picture......... for now

He will be back and have his games where is is great. Seems like the whole Wolves roster is full of these guys. One great game and then they disappear for a week or so.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hitting my dick for not trusting my instinct and pick him up 

Finch is a well-known commodity among coaches. He was he assistant responsible for creating the Jokic/Denver offense. Also, the early Zion/Ingram Pelicans era. He is supposedly an offensive genius. 

I jumped from Vanderbilt to McDaniels because of what McDaniels has shown. His per-minute block/3pm combo stats are monstrous. He has more poise, an outside shot, and discipline with the ball. He can

took a flier (which you can't not do when rotoworld's blurb includes the phrase 'we've been screaming from the rooftops')

past two weeks numbers are similar to a solid brook lopez line. this obviously includes games before he heated up but seems like a reasonable floor for his production moving forward, assuming the minutes stick

Screenshot-20210401-190932-Chrome.jpg

Take with a grain of salt on such a short time frame/small sample size, but it's the best we can do since it encompasses the games (4) since he's been getting over 30 minutes.

3rd round value over the last week.  Just saying.

Edit: I think it's a little inflated with his 100% FT shooting on two total FTs, but it is what it is.

Edited by CharlesCC2
4 hours ago, mattshhh said:

took a flier (which you can't not do when rotoworld's blurb includes the phrase 'we've been screaming from the rooftops')

past two weeks numbers are similar to a solid brook lopez line. this obviously includes games before he heated up but seems like a reasonable floor for his production moving forward, assuming the minutes stick

rotoworld saying that would be a top signal for me, not incentive to pick him up, lol

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

I don't know who writes the blurbs for this site, but the reason McDaniels minutes were limited tonight was he was in fould trouble early into the second half. The blurb makes no mention of this. Do not panic drop.

Yup he had 5 fouls by the 3rd quarter, no reason to panic here. 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

I don't know who writes the blurbs for this site, but the reason McDaniels minutes were limited tonight was he was in fould trouble early into the second half. The blurb makes no mention of this. Do not panic drop.

24 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Yup he had 5 fouls by the 3rd quarter, no reason to panic here. 

Forum saves the day from people like myself panicking again, lol.

Just now, lethotjames23 said:

looks like minnesota did well this draft

They have a lot of good young players.  Edwards, Reid, Nowell and McDaniels all look good at times and are sometimes lost at other times.  Vanderbilt plays hard, but only can score around the basket. 

Gersson Rosas might yet lead the Wolves franchise out of the bottom of the NBA in the next couple of years.

• Like 2

Definitely a GEM. He is the best defensive player in the team and shoot high % 3s. Thy needed someone like him in the lineup with all those offensive oriented players.

Edited by rebol2n
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, beejay6020 said:

Think he can maintain double digit points when DLO is back? Seems like he’s a coaches favourite and they want to develop him so looks locked for mins at least ROS 

He will have fun putting back DLO's clanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, lanyabatt said:

Meh, 5 fouls. Something to watch for DLO is back. Ball dominant next to KAT maybe less touches for Mcdaniels. I’ll be holding and monitoring.

He'll continue to get his minutes. He is a solid defender. Can guard any position.

Blurb says he got his fourth foul to start the second half, sits, comes back in early fourth quarter, immediately picks up his fifth foul, sits again, but closes the game out late.

Hoping these foul trouble games are just an aberration and he can get back to showing us what he's capable of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I could probably get away with dropping him and picking him up again. My league ain’t that bright on these no name brand guys. Also helps that ESPN mentioned Mcdaniels will lose some usage due to DLO return. Probably a good enough scare for no one to pick up right? I need the streaming spot for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, lanyabatt said:

I could probably get away with dropping him and picking him up again. My league ain’t that bright on these no name brand guys. Also helps that ESPN mentioned Mcdaniels will lose some usage due to DLO return. Probably a good enough scare for no one to pick up right? I need the streaming spot for tomorrow.

yeh this time of year its make or break - im in playoffs and in a shallow league so he had to go for a streaming spot. those couple of bad games will def put ppl off him 

24 minutes ago, beejay6020 said:

yeh this time of year its make or break - im in playoffs and in a shallow league so he had to go for a streaming spot. those couple of bad games will def put ppl off him 

You'd think so but there's always a couple team managers that are scouting players just like you are with tools like this forum lol

2 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

You'd think so but there's always a couple team managers that are scouting players just like you are with tools like this forum lol

Reading this very comment right now.

If you're reading this, DO NOT PICK UP JADEN MCDANIELS!