NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jaden McDaniels 2020-2021 Outlook

Seems like his bad games are really only due to foul trouble so I'm not too worried. Will continue to hold and hopefully he'll start to figure it out. In terms of dlo coming back, it should be fine because he's not a guy that needs a lot of usage. He'll sink some 3s and get his defensive stats. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hitting my dick for not trusting my instinct and pick him up 

Finch is a well-known commodity among coaches. He was he assistant responsible for creating the Jokic/Denver offense. Also, the early Zion/Ingram Pelicans era. He is supposedly an offensive genius. 

I jumped from Vanderbilt to McDaniels because of what McDaniels has shown. His per-minute block/3pm combo stats are monstrous. He has more poise, an outside shot, and discipline with the ball. He can

31 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Seems like his bad games are really only due to foul trouble so I'm not too worried. Will continue to hold and hopefully he'll start to figure it out. In terms of dlo coming back, it should be fine because he's not a guy that needs a lot of usage. He'll sink some 3s and get his defensive stats. 

So I was gonna drop him but I found out that Beasley is out. If anything, this could be better because DLO is an acceptable facilitator. Could benefit Mcdaniels more if he can keep his fouls down and stay in the game. Also nice seeing Vanderbilt with ZERO minutes in this one even with McDaniel’s foul trouble.

• Like 1

Dude Beasley and Russell are guards , why would you worry about them taking reps from McDaniels? 

Edited by EsTiLO
3 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

Dude Beasley and Russell are guards , why would you worry about them taking a sea from McDaniels? 

It’s called usage dude. When players are ball dominant it takes away touches from other players dude.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

.... some of you are really gonna drop? my goodness..

If he’s a hold compared to someone who might wanna drop for a streamer spot, shows a lot about how good or bad your squad really is. I could use the streaming spot, but I won’t drop him because I wanna monitor how he’ll perform with DLO and no Beasley. Those numbers we fell in love with came with DLO injured and Beasley on the floor. I know they’re guards but little things like that matter to a players production.

53 minutes ago, lanyabatt said:

If he’s a hold compared to someone who might wanna drop for a streamer spot, shows a lot about how good or bad your squad really is. I could use the streaming spot, but I won’t drop him because I wanna monitor how he’ll perform with DLO and no Beasley. Those numbers we fell in love with came with DLO injured and Beasley on the floor. I know they’re guards but little things like that matter to a players production.

Fair points but the two games he's had with single digit scoring and low minutes were both where had 5 fouls by like the 3rd quarter. So that plays a big part. I would like to see a few full games with no foul trouble with Dlo in the lineup to really get a feel for how his numbers are going to be. I think he can operate as a Roco type where he's strictly a 3 and D guy and doesn't need a lot of shots or usage. 

• Like 1

I am also monitoring Jaden McDaniels for the next few games with Dlo back in and Beasley out.

KAT, Edwards and Dlo are high usage. The dozen FGA vacated by Beasley will be taken up by Dlo leaving McDaniels to rely on his efficiency for points since he doesn't go to the line much and peripheral stats. 

When Ingram returns from IR, I will have a tough decision on McDaniels or BroLo (see how I snuck in an AC comment here)

5 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

I am also monitoring Jaden McDaniels for the next few games with Dlo back in and Beasley out.

KAT, Edwards and Dlo are high usage. The dozen FGA vacated by Beasley will be taken up by Dlo leaving McDaniels to rely on his efficiency for points since he doesn't go to the line much and peripheral stats. 

When Ingram returns from IR, I will have a tough decision on McDaniels or BroLo (see how I snuck in an AC comment here)

Bruhh were literally in the same situation right now. I have BI in my IR and I’m just waiting to see if he’ll be active for tonight’s game. But for me I’ve already made the decision of dropping K Love.

13 minutes ago, lanyabatt said:

Bruhh were literally in the same situation right now. I have BI in my IR and I’m just waiting to see if he’ll be active for tonight’s game. But for me I’ve already made the decision of dropping K Love.

Yeah, my main source of blocks are Embiid, Poeltl, BroLo and Holmes. Embiid is guaranteed to be rested come playoff time. Poeltl has a great schedule, BroLo is consistent and Holmes could be shut down. McDaniels offers blocks and he can't deliver if he's not getting enough minutes. Only hope is an injury carousel lol.

I mean you guys looking for high usage from this guy ? I don’t understand why would you want that when his value comes from some rebounds and blocks. And throw in some 3s. If you’re looking for him to avg 20 points a game then you will be disappointed. I mean Russell is coming back from an injury , I doubt the coaching staff will be pushing him that hard.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

I mean you guys looking for high usage from this guy ? I don’t understand why would you want that when his value comes from some rebounds and blocks. And throw in some 3s. If you’re looking for him to avg 20 points a game then you will be disappointed. I mean Russell is coming back from an injury , I doubt the coaching staff will be pushing him that hard.

Hey man you need to check those ESPN writers who mentioned his usage going down due to DLO returning. Because you’re right and we’re all complete idiots for mentioning usage on him.

3 minutes ago, lanyabatt said:

Hey man you need to check those ESPN writers who mentioned his usage going down due to DLO returning. Because you’re right and we’re all complete idiots for mentioning usage on him.

Smh, most of these writers don’t even watch the games at all. I don’t take many of them seriously. McDaniels is like a low end RoCo. 

5 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

Smh, most of these writers don’t even watch the games at all. I don’t take many of them seriously. McDaniels is like a low end RoCo. 

Even the same writers who said to jump of the roof to grab this dude? The same ones who give us all our info on injury status and timetables? I mean there’s always a source but man, you are one committed mf to be digging into your own research. I respect that. You do you brotha man. f--- what anyone has to say about anything anymore, even if it’s their profession!

Just now, lanyabatt said:

Even the same writers who said to jump of the roof to grab this dude? The same ones who give us all our info on injury status and timetables? I mean there’s always a source but man, you are one committed mf to be digging into your own research. I respect that. You do you brotha man. f--- what anyone has to say about anything anymore, even if it’s their profession!

I look at the stats, skill & opportunity. I don’t need a damn writer telling me who to add lol.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

I look at the stats, skill & opportunity. I don’t need a damn writer telling me who to add lol.

Hahaha yeah same here. But there are times we don’t get that opportunity to watch every player so we read what these writers have to say. Then we go off that. I ain’t gonna lie when a writer says to grab someone now, they’re onto something that you probably did not catch.

• Haha 1

lmao some of you are casual or casual adjacent, which is fine, but don't dilute threads when you're blindly following rotoworld blurbs for all of your takes.

he has had a string of amazing production for about 5 straight games give or take. yesterday, he has one bad game, with the caveat of being due to foul trouble, and people start saying they want to drop. rotoworld blurb writers will do the thing some of you guys do. extremely shallow **** like blaming it on russell's return, while russell will likely just take up the same usage that beasley was (who is now basically out for the season).

on top of that, he isn't a high usage player anyway. so again, go ahead, feel free to drop. and when he goes off on someone else's team you'll feel dumb which has probably happened millions of times to you anyway so you should be used to it

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, lethotjames23 said:

lmao some of you are casual or casual adjacent, which is fine, but don't dilute threads when you're blindly following rotoworld blurbs for all of your takes.

he has had a string of amazing production for about 5 straight games give or take. yesterday, he has one bad game, with the caveat of being due to foul trouble, and people start saying they want to drop. rotoworld blurb writers will do the thing some of you guys do. extremely shallow **** like blaming it on russell's return, while russell will likely just take up the same usage that beasley was (who is now basically out for the season).

on top of that, he isn't a high usage player anyway. so again, go ahead, feel free to drop. and when he goes off on someone else's team you'll feel dumb which has probably happened millions of times to you anyway so you should be used to it

“but don't dilute threads when you're blindly following rotoworld blurbs for all of your takes.”

hahah negative, for “all your games” that was one take. If you’re gonna sit there and say that you don’t even peep at what writers have to say especially if you’re streaming then you’re just being delusional. Unlike you who probably have the luxury to watch every single game, observe every player, every day compared to us “casuals” that do this for fun. Yes, I do admit that I execute a lot of my moves based on what professionals have gathered about them, and I also come to these forums for help as well.

All I was saying is that Mcdaniels, and this goes for EVERY player in the league, will suffer some loss in usage with the return of any player especially the high caliber player DLO is. Malik Beasley is NOT DLO. It’s so simple, McDaniels had that run with DLO out and Beasley on the floor. For all we know, Beasley and McDaniels could have established a chemistry that won’t be existent with DLO on the floor. All I want to know is how this will affect Mcdaniels whether it’s positive or negative going forward. I will drop his a** the minute I see that it’s not working out. Ain’t no body got time to wait and see what happens. Fantasy playoffs is right around the corner.

52 minutes ago, lanyabatt said:

“but don't dilute threads when you're blindly following rotoworld blurbs for all of your takes.”

hahah negative, for “all your games” that was one take. If you’re gonna sit there and say that you don’t even peep at what writers have to say especially if you’re streaming then you’re just being delusional. Unlike you who probably have the luxury to watch every single game, observe every player, every day compared to us “casuals” that do this for fun. Yes, I do admit that I execute a lot of my moves based on what professionals have gathered about them, and I also come to these forums for help as well.

All I was saying is that Mcdaniels, and this goes for EVERY player in the league, will suffer some loss in usage with the return of any player especially the high caliber player DLO is. Malik Beasley is NOT DLO. It’s so simple, McDaniels had that run with DLO out and Beasley on the floor. For all we know, Beasley and McDaniels could have established a chemistry that won’t be existent with DLO on the floor. All I want to know is how this will affect Mcdaniels whether it’s positive or negative going forward. I will drop his a** the minute I see that it’s not working out. Ain’t no body got time to wait and see what happens. Fantasy playoffs is right around the corner.

don't watch every game, i've yet to even see him play. i do watch a lot of the league a lot of nights though.

but let me just fill you in on something. the "professionals" on rotoworld have no idea what they're talking about lmao. they just  look at box scores, listen to coach speak, and lazily fill in blurbs. better off looking on here cause some posters actually use nuance and context when analyzing a players future/current prospects

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

don't watch every game, i've yet to even see him play. i do watch a lot of the league a lot of nights though.

but let me just fill you in on something. the "professionals" on rotoworld have no idea what they're talking about lmao. they just  look at box scores, listen to coach speak, and lazily fill in blurbs. better off looking on here cause some posters actually use nuance and context when analyzing a players future/current prospects

These forums have been a new and interesting way of getting information for my fantasy leagues which I’ve been playing for quite some time now and I’ve got to say, totally worth it. Everyone has such different insight and perspectives on different aspects of the game. But I’m going to have to admit that It was because of those “professional” writers that even brought me here on this thread. I heard them “shouting from the roof top”. I don’t watch a lot of games except when they’re nationally televised. Didn’t mean to offend any one by mentioning I’ve used rotoworld’s advice. Sheesh! Lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lanyabatt said:

These forums have been a new and interesting way of getting information for my fantasy leagues which I’ve been playing for quite some time now and I’ve got to say, totally worth it. Everyone has such different insight and perspectives on different aspects of the game. But I’m going to have to admit that It was because of those “professional” writers that even brought me here on this thread. I heard them “shouting from the roof top”. I don’t watch a lot of games except when they’re nationally televised. Didn’t mean to offend any one by mentioning I’ve used rotoworld’s advice. Sheesh! Lol

lmao nah its all good, wasn't even just talking about you. just letting it be known the rotoworld blurb writers are very lazy. its super shallow analysis. but yeah they'll shout out the most obvious pickups if you aren't in tune with that type of thing already

Well as a guy that got McDaniels too early and dropped him right after Finch stopped playing him for 2 games, I can say that you can be confident in his block rate. His rebs and FT rate recently I think are here to stay.

However his scoring will be all over the place cause he is a jump shooter and a rookie. Handles are not NBA ready yet. So we looking at if he hits his Threes or not.

On 4/6/2021 at 3:38 PM, lethotjames23 said:

Now imagine the million times someone feels dumb for holding a player too long and letting him take up a roster spot when you could have been streaming to win your matchup or missed out on another solid FA.

There's no exact science for NBA players and their production/trajectory. McDaniels tho deftly passes the eye test and he's a solid hold especially for this TWolves team and based on what he's proven already. The things he can't control like gameplan or foul trouble are the only things working against him imo dude is super skilled!

4 hours ago, RocketIndian49 said:

Now imagine the million times someone feels dumb for holding a player too long and letting him take up a roster spot when you could have been streaming to win your matchup or missed out on another solid FA.

There's no exact science for NBA players and their production/trajectory. McDaniels tho deftly passes the eye test and he's a solid hold especially for this TWolves team and based on what he's proven already. The things he can't control like gameplan or foul trouble are the only things working against him imo dude is super skilled!

that scenario is FARRR less painful than dropping someone who goes on to flourish for another team. trust me lol

• Like 1