NBC Sports Edge Forums

I have been working with another owner in my league, who is notoriously hard to deal with, on coming up with a trade to acquire myself another SP. I woke up this morning to his offer of:

Springer/K.Marte (he is giving up on him after last season.)/Montas/Puk

For my Bichette/Arozarena

I've been after him for weeks now trying to get either Darvish or Giolitto off him, as I have little interest in Puk or Montas.

I am considering countering with:

Bichette/Arozarena for Darvish/Springer/Marte

I also own Trea Turner so I'm still good at SS on the season. Dynasty wise I'm not ecstatic about taking on Springer/Darvish, but I figure, barring injury, that I should be able to get at least a couple solid years out of the duo. Would you guys (or gals) do this trade? 

Eh, I’d move on. Bichette is within the top 20 on most dynasty lists. Wait until you find a better offer. Have you tried throwing him onto the trade block and seeing if anyone bites? You don’t NEED to move him, so I’d wait for something a bit safer / more exciting than that. If Giolito were involved, maybe. But dealing Bichette to a guy who clearly doesn’t REALLY want him and isn’t willing to pay for a top 20 dynasty SS is a no go for me. 

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, thatguy725 said:

It sucks to give up Bo, but I think you do it. Also I doubt he will throw in Darvish as I feel like you are already the one winning the trade without him.

I think he will throw in Darvish because the original offer that started this trade talk was my Bo for his Darvish/Springer, and he considered it for a few days. I've been looking for a CF, 2B, and a SP so when I found out how down he was on Marte for 2021, we expanded the trade talks a bit.

9 minutes ago, paintingtheblack said:

Eh, I’d move on. Bichette is within the top 20 on most dynasty lists. Wait until you find a better offer. Have you tried throwing him onto the trade block and seeing if anyone bites? You don’t NEED to move him, so I’d wait for something a bit safer / more exciting than that. If Giolito were involved, maybe. But dealing Bichette to a guy who clearly doesn’t REALLY want him and isn’t willing to pay for a top 20 dynasty SS is a no go for me. 

Part of me agrees with this line of thought as well, but as stated above, I've been looking for a CF, 2B and a SP and this deal addresses all of those things for me. I don't think Marte will hit his 2019 numbers, but I think he'll way outperform his 2020 stats as well and be a too 5 2B for the upcoming season. I have dangled Bo in front of several other owners in need of SS but nobody seems to want to pay up for him. I've also offered up TreaT as well as I'd have no issue rolling out Bo as my SS all season long, but again, everyone is being cheap this offseason so far. I feel like Turner is a bit more of a slam dunk than Bo though so I'd rather obviously hold him. Offloading Arozarena would be decent as well, because unfortunately nobody is buying his huge postseason last year so people haven't been offering jack for him. I'm a bit surprised considering seeing where he's been going in drafts right now. Holding onto him isn't the end of the world, but if I could get a bonafide too 50-60 player in return right now, I'd love to do it.

Both those trades are not good for you in a dynasty league.  I'm assuming its more than a 2 team league, so shop Bichette (or Turner) around.  Ill bet you get a much better package than what is offered in that deal with Arozarena.  Darvish is a Yo-yo, no one wanted him going into 2019, and now he is top 5 again?  34 with his history, no way Im giving up YOUNG stud dynasty assets for him.  Springer also will fade quickly IMO.  Maybe 2 years of really good production, then the arrow starts pointing straight down.  Keep the youth