NBC Sports Edge Forums

Can this team compete this year and some keeper help.....WHIR

I'm in a 12 team 5x5 roto keeper league where we keep 15 players each year. 

Currently looking at keeping these 12, won't bore you with salaries, and keeper rules.

C - 

1B - Olson

2B - Albies

SS - Lindor

3B - Arenado

IF

OF(4) - Arozarena, Teoscar, Carlson

U - 

SP(5) - Fried, Berrios, Valdez, Pearson

RP(3) - Karinchak

I have 3 spots left to fill and these are the options

1B - N. Lowe

2B - Lux

3B - Torkelson

OF - Laureano, Mancini, Winker

U - JD Martinez

SP - Eflin, Dunning, Skubal, Singer

RP - Gallegos, Bradley

Is my team in a position to possibly compete?  If going for it, who do I keep and if thinking more about next year and beyond, who do I keep?

I've been putting feelers out to see what interest people have in Arozarena and Teoscar and have no bites, so just have to ride with that most likely and hope for the best.

@charger_ss24 @Thenewwildone8 So you guys think the 12 I'm keeping are the right choices?  And who would be your last 3?

22 minutes ago, svdude said:

I've been putting feelers out to see what interest people have in Arozarena and Teoscar and have no bites, so just have to ride with that most likely and hope for the best.

@charger_ss24 @Thenewwildone8 So you guys think the 12 I'm keeping are the right choices?  And who would be your last 3?

I’m probably keeping Lowe, Lux and Skubal.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, charger_ss24 said:

1 hour ago, charger_ss24 said:

No Tork?

Olson, Albies, Lindor, Arenado, Arozarena, Teoscar, Carlson, Lowe, Lux, Torkelson, Mancini, Winker, JD Martinez are you're 13 locks! Trade you're mt for more INF help. 

On 1/23/2021 at 5:39 PM, Rush2112 said:

Olson, Albies, Lindor, Arenado, Arozarena, Teoscar, Carlson, Lowe, Lux, Torkelson, Mancini, Winker, JD Martinez are you're 13 locks! Trade you're mt for more INF help. 

This would mean no SP.   I’d trade Martinez for whatever I could get.  Winker has upside but not worthy of keeping in this scenario.  Same with Lowe.  I agree with the rest and would fill out my other five spots with SP.  if you have one more SP you love then Olson would be my next cut  

If Arozarena and Teoscar can pick up where they left off last year, I think you have a very good shot at competing this season. I would look to add another top tier SP either in the draft or via trade, but other than that it is a very decent roster for a 12 team league. I don't think you'll be steam rolling the competition, but if you pay attention to baseball, and grab a couple of guys off waivers that hit, I think you have a very good shot at making the playoffs. From that point on it just becomes whoever's team is the hottest down the stretch. Good luck!

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Smacdaddy said:

This would mean no SP.

You new here? Rush gives terrible advice.

To OP I think its a competitive team, just gotta focus on some things in the draft. SP and OF as for your last 3 keepers, I'd go with lux, tork, and skubal.

• Thanks 1

I think that def can definitely compete. Anyone who stays active and looks at ways to improve their team throughout the season should be able to compete.

I would look at keeping Tork, Laureano, and either Lux or JD. JD if you want to win now, Lux if you'd rather trya dn win longterm. I am put off by the Dodgers not giving Lux a solid look. If he was the next big thing, he would be forcing their hand.