2021 Super Bowl Discussion Thread

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amy Schumer as the spokesman for mayonnaise fits so well 

Maybe we can put the “go to bed” shtick to bed?

Posted Images

Just now, hoppychokes said:

Complaining about half time music is like half the purpose of these threads. Nobody is ever happy, even when it’s Jlo and Shakira shaking booties.

Only way to have appeal to those simps.  Have worlds sexiest man Blake Shelton shakin his a** in daisy dukes.  USA! USA! USA

2 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Complaining about half time music is like half the purpose of these threads. Nobody is ever happy, even when it’s Jlo and Shakira shaking booties.

Back in my day men were men and testosterone wasn't a myth

• Haha 2

Mahomes hasn’t been great himself but I’m shocked by his receivers. Hardman not turning around, Kelce with a drop and slipping there, Tyrrhenian getting hit in the helmet, and a few other plays where the receivers just aren’t it.

Arguably the best skill group in the league hasn’t just underperformed. They genuinely look straight awful. 

Just now, Gohawks said:

Music has been the same mate. Same few keys and same few notes have been used forever. It’s just nostalgia.

Also, it is evolving it’s just not evolving how you like it. 

Hard disagree. 60s rock and roll had a unique sound. Motown had a sound. Disco had a sound. New wave had a sound.  Punk rock had a sound. Hair metal had a sound. Grunge had a sound. Nu metal had a sound....

There was never a 15 year period in modern music history where the music didn't change like what we're seeing now. 

It's because the digital revolution killed the music industry. 

• Like 2
Just now, Gohawks said:

Mahomes hasn’t been great himself but I’m shocked by his receivers. Hardman not turning around, Kelce with a drop and slipping there, Tyrrhenian getting hit in the helmet, and a few other plays where the receivers just aren’t it.

Arguably the best skill group in the league hasn’t just underperformed. They genuinely look straight awful. 

What the f--- is “Tyrrhenian” supposed to be Tyreke Hill. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Is it ok to complain about everyone trampling the grass during halftime?

I said “I hope they don’t mess up the grass”, to my wife. Made me age 5 years:(

• Like 2
Just now, Gohawks said:

70M monthly listeners on Spotify for #1 in the world and multiple songs with billions of streams and multiple songs on YouTube with near 2 billion views.

Again, doesn’t make you seem “cool” or “different”. You clearly live under a rock. 

Yeah imagine someone over 30 not knowing the most popular artist in the current year?  Everyone knows who is #1 on spotify.

Surely there have never been differences in musical taste by generation.  I do have to admit I missed the halftime show, I was busy tuning my harpsichord.

• Like 1
Just now, ajs723 said:

Hard disagree. 60s rock and roll had a unique sound. Motown had a sound. Disco had a sound. New wave had a sound.  Punk rock had a sound. Hair metal had a sound. Grunge had a sound. Nu metal had a sound....

There was never a 15 year period in modern music history where the music didn't change like what we're seeing now. 

It's because the digital revolution killed the music industry. 

They still used the same 3-4 notes and same melody's. 

EDM has a sound. Mumble rap has a sound. Current pop has a sound. Trap has a sound.

The list goes on. Again, you just don’t like how the music has evolved. I mostly listen to hip hop and it’s evolved a lot from the 90s for example. I’m not a fan of mumble rap or anything like that but even the good rap nowadays is different than it was back then. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Yeah imagine someone over 30 not knowing the most popular artist in the current year?  Everyone knows who is #1 on spotify.

Surely there have never been differences in musical taste by generation.  I do have to admit I missed the halftime show, I was busy tuning my harpsichord.

Eh no one really cares. The condescending tone is the annoying part.

This game blows. Chiefs offense looks dead and the Bucs have just been methodical and boring on offense. Hopefully the Chiefs can do something to make it interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Gohawks said:

They still used the same 3-4 notes and same melody's. 

EDM has a sound. Mumble rap has a sound. Current pop has a sound. Trap has a sound.

The list goes on. Again, you just don’t like how the music has evolved. I mostly listen to hip hop and it’s evolved a lot from the 90s for example. I’m not a fan of mumble rap or anything like that but even the good rap nowadays is different than it was back then. 

I feel like trap isn't new. EDM isn't new. Current pop music doesn't sound different than it did in 2005.

Mumble rap certainly is new. That's the best counter argument. Ironic too, because it's an entire music genre that came to be outside of the industry. Just regular dudes with sound cloud and other social media. 

Just now, Gohawks said:

This game blows. Chiefs offense looks dead and the Bucs have just been methodical and boring on offense. Hopefully the Chiefs can do something to make it interesting. 

Nah, I'm good. Bucs can run the ball and end it