NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 hour ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Not a great bargaining chip to tell JW, “If you sign with us, you’ll have to do it for less, and also you’ll be competing with the guy you played behind last year. Why wouldn’t he just go chase a big contract elsewhere?

Well there wasn’t much demand for him last year. Im not sure that much has happened that would change that.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, if you're the Bears, you'd give up many to move up ONE spot and NOT draft Patrick Mahomes. 

The question with guys like Wentz and Goff should not be "how much will you give for him" but rather "how much does the team getting rid have to throw in as compensation for their terrible contracts?"

24 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Well there wasn’t much demand for him last year. Im not sure that much has happened that would change that.

You do realize the name of this thread is “QB Madness”?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Chicago and the WFT might wanna think about at least kicking the tires.

Here's the status at the moment, I think:

Team

backup

on the block

draft target?

draft pos

Cap space

Arizona Cardinals

Kyler Murray

Brett Hundley

Atlanta Falcons

Matt Ryan

?

?

Low

Baltimore Ravens

Lamar Jackson

Buffalo Bills

Josh Allen

Jake Fromm

Carolina Panthers

Teddy Bridgewater

Will Grier

Chicago Bears

Nick Foles

Mitchell Trubisky

?

Cincinnati Bengals

Joe Burrow

Ryan Finley

Medium

Cleveland Browns

Baker Mayfield

Case Keenum

Dallas Cowboys

Dak Prescott

Ben Dinucci

Andy Dalton

Denver Broncos

Drew Lock

Jeff Driscoll

Detroit Lions

Jared Goff

Chase Daniel

?

Green Bay Packers

Aaron Rodgers

Jordan Love

Low

Houston Texans

AJ McCarron

Deshaun Watson

N/A

Indianapolis Colts

Carson Wentz

Jacob Eason

High

Jacksonville Jaguars

Gardner Minshew

Trevor Lawrence

1, 25

High

Kansas City Chiefs

Patrick Mahomes

Chad Henne

Las Vegas Raiders

Derek Carr

Marcus Mariota

LA Chargers

Justin Herbert

Easton Stick

Tyrod Taylor

LA Rams

Matt Stafford

Devlin Hodges

N/A

Low

Miami Dolphins

Tua Tagovailoa

Medium

Minnesota Vikings

Kirk Cousins

New England Patriots

Cam Newton

Jarred Stidham

?

High

New Orleans Saints

Taysom Hill

Jameis Winston

Very low

NY Jets

Sam Darnold (?)

James Morgan

?

?

2, 23

High

NY Giants

Daniel Jones

Philadelphia Eagles

Jaylen Hurts

Very low

Pittsburgh Steelers

Ben Roethlisberger

Mason Rudolph

Low

San Francisco 49ers

Nick Mullens

Jimmy Garoppolo

Trey Lance

Seattle Seahawks

Russell Wilson (?)

Geno Smith

N/A

Tampa Bay Bucs

Tom Brady

Medium

Tennessee Titans

Ryan Tannehill

Washington FT

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Taylor Heinicke

?

Medium

Formatting will only work on desktop I'm afraid; let me know of any developments I missed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Bears might be about to sign Dalton. Sounds like a joke. I honestly don't even see Dalton as an upgrade from Foles at this point. 

As a Bears fan, it’s as exciting as trading a rusted out 1976 Buick for a rusted out 1976 Oldsmobile. 

Edited by TheForearmShiver
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, BMcP said:

Excellent work by the WFT on the FitzMagic signing

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

good on Fitz man didn't wanna see him retire just yet, go get 'em

Yeah, while I hate to see him leave Miami, good for him to get a starting gig elsewhere.

This move also helps L. Thomas' value. Fitzy had a real connection with Gesiki, so I can see Thomas as perhaps a somewhat undervalued back end TE1 for 2021. Meaning, other bigger name TE's will go before him, but he could return top 10-12 positional value.

Fear the beard!

18 minutes ago, The G Man said:

This move also helps L. Thomas' value. Fitzy had a real connection with Gesiki, so I can see Thomas as perhaps a somewhat undervalued back end TE1 for 2021.

It should also be added that this was the first time that Fitzpatrick had such a connection with a TE - even the year before they weren't that close. I think that Fitz targeting Gesicki says more about the latter than the former.

7 hours ago, The G Man said:

Yeah, while I hate to see him leave Miami, good for him to get a starting gig elsewhere.

This move also helps L. Thomas' value. Fitzy had a real connection with Gesiki, so I can see Thomas as perhaps a somewhat undervalued back end TE1 for 2021. Meaning, other bigger name TE's will go before him, but he could return top 10-12 positional value.

Fear the beard!

Someone should’ve told Fitzy to step it up earlier back when Gesicki was giving me doughnuts and/or 1 catch for the better part of the first half week after week.  

That said, he did see the light later and this obviously props up the value of all receivers on the team, including Thomas.  Excited to see where his ADP lands because he could become quite the value proposition!

^

Deshaun Watson denied allegations brought in a sexual assault lawsuit. 

The recently filed lawsuit includes allegations from a female masseuse that Watson "went too far" during a massage. The Houston QB pushed back on social media. “As a result of a social-media post by a publicity-seeking plaintiff’s lawyer, I recently became aware of a lawsuit that has apparently been filed against me,” Watson posted to Twitter. “I have not yet seen the complaint, but I know this: I have never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect. The plaintiff’s lawyer claims that this isn’t about money, but before filing suit he made a baseless six-figure settlement demand, which I quickly rejected. Unlike him, this isn’t about money for me — it’s about clearing my name, and I look forward to doing that.” The NFL is likely to look into the allegations regardless of what unfolds with the legal proceedings. It remains to be seen whether the lawsuit will affect Watson's trade market. 

Mar 17, 2021, 8:05 AM ET

• The Athletic's Joseph Person reports the Panthers "are locked" on acquiring Deshaun Watson. 

Person quoted an executive with an NFL team that has closely monitored the quarterback market who said Carolina remains focused on trading for Watson, 25, who desperately wants out of Houston. Person said "Watson looks to be Plan A, B and C" for the Panthers and the team's owner, David Tepper. Person expected Tepper and the Carolina front office to be as aggressive as any team interested in landing Watson, with "three first-round picks the likely starting point" in trade talks. Carolina has $29.8 million in cap room after a series of roster cuts and the restructuring of Christian McCaffrey's and Shaq Thompson's contracts. The Texans remain dug in on keeping Watson, but it would seem the Panthers are among the favorites to acquire the QB if Houston relents. 

RELATED: 
    SOURCE: The Athletic
    Mar 17, 2021, 9:17 AM ET

•  
On 3/16/2021 at 12:35 AM, Boudewijn said:

Here's the status at the moment, I think:

Team

backup

on the block

draft target?

draft pos

Cap space

Arizona Cardinals

Kyler Murray

Brett Hundley

Atlanta Falcons

Matt Ryan

?

?

Low

Baltimore Ravens

Lamar Jackson

Buffalo Bills

Josh Allen

Jake Fromm

Carolina Panthers

Teddy Bridgewater

Will Grier

Chicago Bears

Nick Foles

Mitchell Trubisky

?

Cincinnati Bengals

Joe Burrow

Ryan Finley

Medium

Cleveland Browns

Baker Mayfield

Case Keenum

Dallas Cowboys

Dak Prescott

Ben Dinucci

Andy Dalton

Denver Broncos

Drew Lock

Jeff Driscoll

Detroit Lions

Jared Goff

Chase Daniel

?

Green Bay Packers

Aaron Rodgers

Jordan Love

Low

Houston Texans

AJ McCarron

Deshaun Watson

N/A

Indianapolis Colts

Carson Wentz

Jacob Eason

High

Jacksonville Jaguars

Gardner Minshew

Trevor Lawrence

1, 25

High

Kansas City Chiefs

Patrick Mahomes

Chad Henne

Las Vegas Raiders

Derek Carr

Marcus Mariota

LA Chargers

Justin Herbert

Easton Stick

Tyrod Taylor

LA Rams

Matt Stafford

Devlin Hodges

N/A

Low

Miami Dolphins

Tua Tagovailoa

Medium

Minnesota Vikings

Kirk Cousins

New England Patriots

Cam Newton

Jarred Stidham

?

High

New Orleans Saints

Taysom Hill

Jameis Winston

Very low

NY Jets

Sam Darnold (?)

James Morgan

?

?

2, 23

High

NY Giants

Daniel Jones

Philadelphia Eagles

Jaylen Hurts

Very low

Pittsburgh Steelers

Ben Roethlisberger

Mason Rudolph

Low

San Francisco 49ers

Nick Mullens

Jimmy Garoppolo

Trey Lance

Seattle Seahawks

Russell Wilson (?)

Geno Smith

N/A

Tampa Bay Bucs

Tom Brady

Medium

Tennessee Titans

Ryan Tannehill

Washington FT

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Taylor Heinicke

?

Medium

Formatting will only work on desktop I'm afraid; let me know of any developments I missed.

Why are some in bold? And Winston will be expected to be the starter in NOLA, not Hill. I see no other reason for Winston to sign a one-year deal. 

13 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Why are some in bold? And Winston will be expected to be the starter in NOLA, not Hill. I see no other reason for Winston to sign a one-year deal. 

If the Saints are expecting to start one over the other as of the moment, they’re doing an excellent job of not tipping their hand.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

If the Saints are expecting to start one over the other as of the moment, they’re doing an excellent job of not tipping their hand.

Payton is pretty good at not tipping his hand. Lol. Admittedly reading the tea leaves, but I'm not sure why else Winston would have signed a one-year deal. Smacks of a "show me" contract. 

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Payton is pretty good at not tipping his hand. Lol. Admittedly reading the tea leaves, but I'm not sure why else Winston would have signed a one-year deal. Smacks of a "show me" contract. 

I have to think he signed because he honestly feels like he’s better than Hill and will win that competition.  In which case, he’s landed one of the best starting gigs out there.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BMcP said:

I have to think he signed because he honestly feels like he’s better than Hill and will win that competition.  In which case, he’s landed one of the best starting gigs out there.

If he loses that job, he may as well retire. Lol! He will turn the ball over, but I think too much has been made over his 30 picks in 2019. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

If he loses that job, he may as well retire. Lol! He will turn the ball over, but I think too much has been made over his 30 picks in 2019. 

That's fair and I think I agree...Bruce Arians (IMO) isn't the best to teach a young QB how to play ball control...

Personally, I am just not a fan of Winston. His (what I've seen of it of course on TV) personality just seems weird to me and isn't quite what I'd want as my team leader. But hey, maybe the Saints can chant "who dat" while they all "eat Ws" per Winston's lead next season though! Lol

Edited by ThreadKiller

Bears management are inept idiots. However, I find it hard to believe they put their jobs on the line with dalton. I think they go big in the draft and overpay to move up. This is it for Ryan pace and Matt Nagy - the writing is on the wall. I expect them to push all their chips in on the draft to take a rookie qb and try to expand their life cycle. 

6 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Why are some in bold?

The ones that are certain or have been resigned.

6 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

And Winston will be expected to be the starter in NOLA, not Hill. I see no other reason for Winston to sign a one-year deal. 

When I posted it, that news wasn't in yet (not to me anyway) and they had only signed Hill; but I'm also not as sure as you that Winston will automatically get the keys- they didn't give him any chance last season and went straight for the Hill. I'll "unbold" Hill though, it'll certainly be interesting to see how that plays out.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Rizzle630 said:

Bears management are inept idiots. However, I find it hard to believe they put their jobs on the line with dalton. I think they go big in the draft and overpay to move up. This is it for Ryan pace and Matt Nagy - the writing is on the wall. I expect them to push all their chips in on the draft to take a rookie qb and try to expand their life cycle. 

Why would they draft a QB of the future to save their asses this year. Seems like they'd draft impact players who can help them win right now with the QBs they have.