NBC Sports Edge Forums

9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Carolina is going to do something.  I doubt they go into 2021 with just Bridgewater and Grier.

I have them as the leader in the Watson sweepstakes right now. I know everyone thinks Jets, but I have a hunch.

• Like 1
  • Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, if you're the Bears, you'd give up many to move up ONE spot and NOT draft Patrick Mahomes. 

The question with guys like Wentz and Goff should not be "how much will you give for him" but rather "how much does the team getting rid have to throw in as compensation for their terrible contracts?"

8 hours ago, BMcP said:

Give Captain Clutch a defense ranking somewhere above “laughable” and good things will happen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/crazy-stat-shows-kirk-cousins-is-most-clutch-qb-in-the-nfl-01ermmamk904/amp

I'd be curious to know that ranking stacks up over the course of his career. If it's more than this season then you have something there.

37 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

I'd be curious to know that ranking stacks up over the course of his career. If it's more than this season then you have something there.

It is more than just this season - he was literally the best QB in 4Q/OT in 2019, beating out the likes of Tannehill, Watson and Wilson:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/surprising-stat-proves-kirk-cousins-was-most-clutch-qb-in-2019-01edy5rwv68x/amp

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Assuming they aren't getting Watson, how many better options are there? Are the Packers really going to trade Rodgers? Will the Falcons really deal Matt Ryan? Will the Eagles really move Wentz? What else is still genuinely out there? Winston? Feels like he's going back to New Orleans. Fitz? Trubisky? Darnold? Tyrod Taylor? Are any of those really big upgrades?

Who am I forgetting?

I guess considering we've never seen Eason throw an NFL pass and he's not even a lock to be their number 2, most of those guys are probably better options.

Edited by fluffy69
1 hour ago, fluffy69 said:

I guess considering we've never seen Eason throw an NFL pass and he's not even a lock to be their number 2, most of those guys are probably better options.

Well, Brissett would be the bridge guy. I'd say he's close to guys like Fitz, Trubisky, Darnold, etc. 

13 hours ago, fluffy69 said:

The fact that Indy supposedly came to the party without pick 21 on the table is a real head scratcher. If true...Ballard is either severely overrated as a GM, or he has something up his sleeve.

Wow where did you get this? Yeah that's ridiculous, unless he offered #1 later down the road. Maybe he feels like let's see what Eason can do...if he sucks, well then you know, and you have a much higher draft pick next year to take a top-rated guy.

3 hours ago, fluffy69 said:

You're kidding-?  All things considered I would take my chances with Eason over any of those guys except maybe Darnold, who had squat to work with and if not too expensive is well worth a gamble. 

8 hours ago, bomont said:

You're kidding-?  All things considered I would take my chances with Eason over any of those guys except maybe Darnold, who had squat to work with and if not too expensive is well worth a gamble. 

Eason bounced between two college programs and had no pro training camp. I'll be totally shocked if he gets the keys to a potential playoff team. I hope he eventually wins the job, common sense tells me that isn't this year...let him win the back up job first.

If darnold was available for maybe a 3rd and conditional 4th, I'd be all over it. If they give up a first for him, I'll just cheer for tom brady and not the Colts next year.

Edited by fluffy69
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Well, Brissett would be the bridge guy. I'd say he's close to guys like Fitz, Trubisky, Darnold, etc. 

I'd take all 3 of those guys over brisket. That is def a route they'd go before letting eason run with the job though.

• Like 1

Las Vegas Review Journal's Vincent Bonsignore writes "multiple teams" are expected to pursue a trade for Derek Carr.

The Raiders "figure to at least listen", especially if offers include multiple first-round picks. Carr's contract is very tradable for both parties. He'd only cost the Raiders $2.5 million in dead cap if traded, and the acquiring team would have Carr for two years at about $20 million per season, all non-guaranteed. Carr finished eighth in expected points added (EPA) per dropback last season and will only be 30 years old in 2021. Bonsignore lists the Colts, Bears, Patriots and Washington as potential suitors, along with the Texans if Deshaun Watson is actually available. If Carr is dealt for draft picks instead of players, the Raiders could turn to Marcus Mariota, who is due $11.4 million this upcoming season, as their short-term answer. But the big dream certainly is to flip Carr and the Raiders' own first-round picks into Watson. 

Feb 2, 2021, 7:27 PM ET

33 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Las Vegas Review Journal's Vincent Bonsignore writes "multiple teams" are expected to pursue a trade for Derek Carr.

The Raiders "figure to at least listen", especially if offers include multiple first-round picks. Carr's contract is very tradable for both parties. He'd only cost the Raiders $2.5 million in dead cap if traded, and the acquiring team would have Carr for two years at about $20 million per season, all non-guaranteed. Carr finished eighth in expected points added (EPA) per dropback last season and will only be 30 years old in 2021. Bonsignore lists the Colts, Bears, Patriots and Washington as potential suitors, along with the Texans if Deshaun Watson is actually available. If Carr is dealt for draft picks instead of players, the Raiders could turn to Marcus Mariota, who is due $11.4 million this upcoming season, as their short-term answer. But the big dream certainly is to flip Carr and the Raiders' own first-round picks into Watson. 

Feb 2, 2021, 7:27 PM ET

Hate the Raiders as a landing spot for Watson, unless they can also sign ARob or Golladay or something. Right now they have Waller, and nada else as pass catchers. 

38 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Hate the Raiders as a landing spot for Watson, unless they can also sign ARob or Golladay or something. Right now they have Waller, and nada else as pass catchers. 

They drafted Ruggs and Bryan Edwards. I would expect those two to develop and pay dividends. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

They drafted Ruggs and Bryan Edwards. I would expect those two to develop and pay dividends. 

Idk. We didn't see anything from Edwards as a rookie, and what we saw from Ruggs was really bad. Too early to write both off, but those arrows are pointing down.

• Thanks 1

Raiders would be an excellent landing spot for Watson. Gotta figure they get one of Kenny G, Fuller, or Robinson in free agency too if they pull off the Watson trade.

Edited by sSektor
12 hours ago, fluffy69 said:

I'd take all 3 of those guys over brisket. That is def a route they'd go before letting eason run with the job though.

And that would be a horrible mistake. He's just good enough to get you a few more wins so you draft in worse position next year. I'd rather sink or swim with Eason if I'm them. Really though the more I think of it the more I think Ballard just made a career mistake in not offering enough for Stafford. The Colts were the perfect landing spot and easily worth a couple of #1s. 

7 hours ago, lolcopter said:

The Raiders "figure to at least listen", especially if offers include multiple first-round picks.

lol @ anyone stupid enough to give up multiple #1s for Carr. I have nothing against the guy but he's a big cut below Stafford or Watson. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, bomont said:

The Raiders "figure to at least listen", especially if offers include multiple first-round picks.

Yeah. Like I would "at least listen" if Yanet Garcia makes me an indecent proposal.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
11 hours ago, bomont said:

And that would be a horrible mistake. He's just good enough to get you a few more wins so you draft in worse position next year. I'd rather sink or swim with Eason if I'm them. Really though the more I think of it the more I think Ballard just made a career mistake in not offering enough for Stafford. The Colts were the perfect landing spot and easily worth a couple of #1s. 

Eason isn't even guaranteed the back up job. Chris Ballard didn't build a solid, competitive team in a weak division to tank lol.

13 hours ago, bomont said:

I can’t imagine a world in which Ballard would’ve consented to more than two firsts AND the equivalent of a young, starting-caliber QB drafted number-one overall - it’s just not his style to mortgage the future like that.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles have been fielding calls for disgruntled QB Carson Wentz.

Rapoport and Mike Garafolo mention the Colts directly, although there are reportedly "others" inquiring about Wentz, too. This report obviously leaked from Philadelphia's organization since its the only side privy to this type of information. Even so, the Eagles would be stuck with $34 million in dead money if it actually were able to move Wentz. It at least makes sense to pick up the phone and gauge interest for the 28-year-old since Matthew Stafford recently garnered a haul including two future first-round picks. Whether or not GM Howie Roseman actually parts with Wentz remains to be seen.

Feb 4, 2021, 11:47 AM ET

The question with guys like Wentz and Goff should not be "how much will you give for him" but rather "how much does the team getting rid have to throw in as compensation for their terrible contracts?"

Don't be fooled into thinking the Rams gave two 1sts and a 3rd and a QB for Stafford.  They gave a 1st and a 3rd for Stafford and an extra 1st to get rid of Goff's contract.  

• Like 6
3 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Don't be fooled into thinking the Rams gave two 1sts and a 3rd and a QB for Stafford.  They gave a 1st and a 3rd for Stafford and an extra 1st to get rid of Goff's contract.  

This guy right here gets it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Haskins and Lock were the only QBs in the entire NFL who were less accurate last year than Wentz If the Colts get him they will be a lot worse than they were with Rivers. Barely 70% of his passes were on target this season. A good QB should be around 80%. Maybe he was hurt or something wasn't right, but I think Wentz is just bad at this point.