NBC Sports Edge Forums

Too early? Probably. We're a month and a half away but hell, I'm already trying to think ahead and figure out what players may gain/lose value at the deadline. I'm  curious to know if any of you are contemplating making an add off the wire or a trade based on forward thinking? 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

Most around here seem to play in shallower leagues 10 and under. But I would say regardless size Pelican players might be worth coveting prior to deadline . NAW, Hart etc

18 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Bey is another one to keep an eye on if they move on from some vets. Really need the "Hey Bey Bey" chant going lol

Bey and Stewart for sure. I've been keeping a close eye on the latter as a former Blake owner.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DoubleMcChickenn said:

What about Nerlenes Noel? Any chances for him to be elsewhere before the deadline?

Unless the Knicks are out of playoff contention (that includes play-in) I highly doubt it. He's on a decent contract and he's their only true back up

• Like 1

Keep an eye on Hornet players because I am sure they will make a trade to address their big man woes. I see PJ Tucker getting moved or getting bought out and one of Houston's wings will be fantasy relevant.

I could also see Detroit making a move, but I doubt Mason or Blake get traded (Blake is making $30+ million and has a player option next year that I am sure he will use). If anything Rose is getting traded. 

Edited by Jugernot

Do you guys think there is anyone with "league winning" upside on the wire right now that may come into relevance after some sort of trade? I feel like Diallo, Nunn could possibly possess that type of upside in points leagues. Anyone I'm missing? 

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Poetl, Stewart, Sekou are intriguing 

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Bey is another one to keep an eye on if they move on from some vets. Really need the "Hey Bey Bey" chant going lol

2 hours ago, falconish said:

Bey and Stewart for sure. I've been keeping a close eye on the latter as a former Blake owner.

2 hours ago, indigorivers said:

Beef Stew is that man. Mason Plumlee will probably decide whether he gets minutes or not.

Who the hell is gonna trade for Blake Griffin tho?

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

Rose and Lonzo are guys who probably get traded, otherwise it has been still quiet with rumours...

If they get traded to a contender, I’m guessing their value drops unless it’s to cover an injury. It happens every year... Good teams won’t have a lot of usage for those guys. 

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Do you guys think there is anyone with "league winning" upside on the wire right now that may come into relevance after some sort of trade? I feel like Diallo, Nunn could possibly possess that type of upside in points leagues. Anyone I'm missing? 

Isaiah Roby if Horford is traded

Hamidou Diallo (and to some extent Maledon) if Hill is traded

Lonnie Walker if Derozan is traded

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Boogie for me if he lands somewhere nice. OFC not expecting old Boogie statlines, but he could be really really nice if he lands in a place like WAS, CHA or DAL

Kevin Porter Jr. (especially if guys in Houston is moved)

Whiteside (still holding thigh to my last hope for his ROS outlook)