NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dalbec / Tellez / Walsh

Hey Guys,

Would like to get your thoughts on who would you rank 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from a dynasty league perspective and why?

To me I would have ranked Dalbec first, Walsh second and Tellez third. All three have great power and great BB; The biggest challenge for Tellez is playing time; it seems he is destined for platoon role at the very least in 2021. I like Dalbec and his elite power as well as his elite obp; only knock on him is whether he can adjust to MLB pitching in his sophomore year; he has the least hit tool out of the three, likely looking at .250-.275 hitter, IMHO. Walsh, a late bloomer, did great in 2020; all indication is that he should be a fine 1B.

Tellez is the guy who should be able to put it all together, hes always had the better eye, looking at 80BB/130K as opposed to 50BB/180K for Dalbec and Walsh (theres no way Jared K's <15% of his ABs like last year) hes younger and on a better team. I feel like hes a guy you could get late in a draft whereas you will have to pay a premium for Walsh and maybe for Dalbec. I agree with you on Tellez but so hard to predict for dynasty purposes what happens 2 years from now...Id imagine Walsh is on a VERY short leash especially given the Pujols retirement tour and the need to play Ohtani

So...Id rather have Walsh>Dalbec>Tellez based upon what i think their true ceilings are, but probably Tellez>Walsh>Dalbec based upon what I think they will actually do

6 hours ago, Shamrocks said:

Tellez is the guy who should be able to put it all together, hes always had the better eye, looking at 80BB/130K as opposed to 50BB/180K for Dalbec and Walsh (theres no way Jared K's <15% of his ABs like last year) hes younger and on a better team. I feel like hes a guy you could get late in a draft whereas you will have to pay a premium for Walsh and maybe for Dalbec. I agree with you on Tellez but so hard to predict for dynasty purposes what happens 2 years from now...Id imagine Walsh is on a VERY short leash especially given the Pujols retirement tour and the need to play Ohtani

So...Id rather have Walsh>Dalbec>Tellez based upon what i think their true ceilings are, but probably Tellez>Walsh>Dalbec based upon what I think they will actually do

Interesting take; totally agree on the K, Dalbec K's a lot; but he seems to have the best power upside of all and I'd have thought Dalbec has the better eye as he would average 70BB in 162 games whereas Tellez averaged 40BB in 162 games. After looking closer at Dalbec's K's per 162, I changed my mind; he is more of last resort of the 3, I mean 275 K per 162 is CRAZY HIGH; for some reason I thought he had 150K per 162 games. So the BA range I predicted previously would be the best scenario! I had him #1 because of his ceiling/age.

While Pujols is on the retirement tour, Angels are still aiming to compete, so I don't think they will let Pujols starts a lot of games; but no matter what, he will still cut into Walsh's playing time.

The Angel's depth chart has Walsh in OF.

Ohtani will DH, with Pujols or Walsh getting that, when Ohtani pitches.

Imo, Walsh gets the most abs of the 3.