NBC Sports Edge Forums

Was just offered DeRozan/La. Ball for my Simmons. Accept?? (WHIR!)

1 hour ago, sgergole said:

Easy accept, no doubts.

Could you elaborate further?  Simmons is obviously the best of the bunch and I'm not sold on Ball's ROS trajectory.  Maybe I need to be knocked to my senses? 

I like Simmons.

Of the 10 PGs averaging 7+ assists: he’s one of two (Morant) with FG% above .500%;  one of three (Westbrook/Doncic) with 8+ assists and 8+ rebounds; only one with 1.5+ steals and only one with almost 1 block per game. Weaknesses are .644 FT%,  13pts/game and no 3pts  

it’s pretty hard finding a very good point guard providing big men stats.  You can always make up 3pts from hot FAs. 
If you accept DeRozan/LaMelo, you will need to drop a player. If LaMelo underperforms, which he’s been doing for a while, chances are that you’ll be apprehensive to drop him since you got him from a trade and limit add/drop flexibility  

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

I like Simmons.

Of the 10 PGs averaging 7+ assists: he’s one of two (Morant) with FG% above .500%;  one of three (Westbrook/Doncic) with 8+ assists and 8+ rebounds; only one with 1.5+ steals and only one with almost 1 block per game. Weaknesses are .644 FT%,  13pts/game and no 3pts  

it’s pretty hard finding a very good point guard providing big men stats.  You can always make up 3pts from hot FAs. 
If you accept DeRozan/LaMelo, you will need to drop a player. If LaMelo underperforms, which he’s been doing for a while, chances are that you’ll be apprehensive to drop him since you got him from a trade and limit add/drop flexibility  

Really appreciate this response and break down.  It's a tough one to turn down when presuming 'Melo will eventually start or get more consistent minutes down the stretch.  But yeah, I think that settled it for me.  Much appreciated!  Let me know if you need some thoughts on anything.