NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Rodon 2021 Outlook

[...] 

Another post-hype breakout would be sweet. If he stays healthy he oughta be good. Always had the talent.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Who would have thought he would be sitting at 95 with his fastball?  Amazing.

Posted (edited)

How was he not qualified for the ERA lead yet? He's at 41 innings coming into today, I always forgot the qualification for ERA, but thought it was like 1 IP per team game pitched meaning essentially 162 is minimum to qualify? But that seems wrong so I'm confusing myself now. Anyway his ERA is 1.29 after todays 10k, 1 hit (HR to Edman) 6 IP outing against the Cards. He's definitely top 10.

Edited by Richard Kimble

Best pitcher in baseball so far, inning for inning. Problem is he will pitch 50 or so fewer innings than guys like Cole. But man, the insanely late and sharp break on the slider and the 95-100 mph heat. This is what he was supposed to be coming out of NC State. Hope his body doesn't betray him.

• 2 weeks later...

Rodon did not have a very pretty line the last two outings; he did however continued with really good K rate.

Jun 8 Tor W, 6-1 - 5.0 0 0 8 0 1.80 1.60
May 31 @Cle W, 8-6; L, 1-3 - 6.0 0 0 8 0 7.50 1.67

What are the thoughts that his stuff is legit now and future? Is he a sell high or is he a keeper in dynasty leagues?

4 hours ago, AF25 said:

Rodon did not have a very pretty line the last two outings; he did however continued with really good K rate.

Jun 8 Tor W, 6-1 - 5.0 0 0 8 0 1.80 1.60
May 31 @Cle W, 8-6; L, 1-3 - 6.0 0 0 8 0 7.50 1.67

What are the thoughts that his stuff is legit now and future? Is he a sell high or is he a keeper in dynasty leagues?

Definitely a sell high....if you can. 

Edited by CardiacDO
On 6/11/2021 at 11:31 AM, CardiacDO said:

Definitely a sell high....if you can. 

If he stays healthy, which I understand is a big IF, there is no reason to think he won't continue to DOMINATE hitters. 

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

Sell high MY A$$

This is where being a fantasy manager is fun.  Most every advanced metric in May/June said:  He's outperforming currently & why some on this thread were saying sell high.  If you kept him, you're still obviously reaping the rewards & good for you!  Rodon also - as a Boras client - will be VERY much reaping those rewards.

• Like 1

I ironically do think it’s probably a good time to sell high, but not based on production.  Dude has been insanely injury prone and I feel like it’s only a matter of time lol (hope I’m wrong as he’s super fun to watch)