NBC Sports Edge Forums

Would you trade Nance + LMA for John Collins? 100% WHIR

Thoughts on this.  If you own LMA, you know how rocky this season has been and I think he either gets phased out of the lineup as the season progresses or he gets traded to another team where he'll prob be equally inconsistent.  Collins obviously has a capped ceiling but is he definitely due for regression even beyond the numbers he's putting up now if he doesn't get moved?  Nance is tough because we don't know what moves the Cavs will make.

Edited by nytimes321
  • nytimes321 changed the title to Would you trade Nance + LMA for John Collins? 100% WHIR

Yes, LMA inconsistency and decline is frustrating. So is Collins after last season's numbers and this year's expectations. However, Collins ceiling is much higher than LMA but keep in mind that as the Hawks roster gets healthier, his minutes may dip and his defense upside is capped due to Capela hoarding rebounds. Still though, Collins is part of Atlanta's future core.

Nance is solid given the minutes and at the moment leads the league in steals but I doubt it will be for the entire season. Concern is the return of the often injured Kevin Love who will move Nance back to the bench.

So I would do this trade and with the open roster spot, stream off the waiver wire. With injuries and covid this year, a lot of gems like Boucher, Keldon Johnson, Luguentz Dort and OG Anunoby have turned up. And there will be more. To my delight, I've been riding Naz Reid for a few days and it's been nice.

I would do this trade as well. I think Collins is the best player in the deal. While I agree that Capela & the Hawks plethora of players declines his ceiling a bit, I think Collins still puts up better stats than LMA... plus I also like the flashes we've seen from Vanderbuilt (whom you could pick up). If he continues, that PF spot in Minny is wide open to start alongside of KAT. 

Would definitely trade. The waiver wire is pretty decent and what you get in return is a somewhat solid mid-rounds player. Clarke isn't too far off Nance, and on that basis, Collins looks like an upgrade compared to LMA. Also, you unlock the possibility to fish for a streamer or a surprise. 

Can you help please?