NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miguel Andujar 2021 Outlook

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, TheGreatest42 said:

[...]

It seems like Andujar will get some looks at 1B, and with Urshela banged up he may fill in at 3B as well.  Anyone have thoughts on what Andujar's playing time will look like in the immediate future? [...]

I'm sure he'll hit toward the bottom of the lineup in the immediate. But if Urshela's injury isn't bad, I don't see how he gets many ABs. Once Voit returns and Urshela is healthy, I have to imagine Andujar will be sent back to the minors. 

• Like 1

Voit will be back on the upcoming road trip. Urshela not headed to the DL. Don't see much room for opportunity here.

Sad because I actually still believe in his bat but until he's traded elsewhere he'll never get the opportunity to showcase it. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, TheGreatest42 said:

[...]

It seems like Andujar will get some looks at 1B, and with Urshela banged up he may fill in at 3B as well.  Anyone have thoughts on what Andujar's playing time will look like in the immediate future? [...]

Luke Voit is expected back by next weekend so no more 1B after that.  Don't know how long Urshela may be out.

3 hours ago, Beakman said:

Frazier's suckiness may open LF for Andujar.  He started two games in LF in the minors before the call up yesterday.

It's possible, but Andujar is such a bad fielder that I'm not sure he gets much run there. Frazier also seems to be more of a victim of a .176 BABIP than anything. His other numbers seem fine and being a much better defender should give him some leeway. I feel like the at bats that went to Jay Bruce are what Andujar really could have used. Or just wait for a Judge/Stanton injury.

Edited by Jericho