NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miguel Andujar 2021 Outlook

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

[...]

It seems like Andujar will get some looks at 1B, and with Urshela banged up he may fill in at 3B as well.  Anyone have thoughts on what Andujar's playing time will look like in the immediate future? [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
1 hour ago, TheGreatest42 said:

[...]

It seems like Andujar will get some looks at 1B, and with Urshela banged up he may fill in at 3B as well.  Anyone have thoughts on what Andujar's playing time will look like in the immediate future? [...]

I'm sure he'll hit toward the bottom of the lineup in the immediate. But if Urshela's injury isn't bad, I don't see how he gets many ABs. Once Voit returns and Urshela is healthy, I have to imagine Andujar will be sent back to the minors. 

• Like 1

Big fat Ofer tonight, you want some entertainment, read the Yahoo! players threads before/after the game. Anyway, this could be similar to Tauchmann in that he could become useful if he gets a change of scenery, but doesn't seem likely to hold much value with the Yankees. 

Voit will be back on the upcoming road trip. Urshela not headed to the DL. Don't see much room for opportunity here.

Sad because I actually still believe in his bat but until he's traded elsewhere he'll never get the opportunity to showcase it. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, TheGreatest42 said:

[...]

Luke Voit is expected back by next weekend so no more 1B after that.  Don't know how long Urshela may be out.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Beakman said:

Frazier's suckiness may open LF for Andujar.  He started two games in LF in the minors before the call up yesterday.

It's possible, but Andujar is such a bad fielder that I'm not sure he gets much run there. Frazier also seems to be more of a victim of a .176 BABIP than anything. His other numbers seem fine and being a much better defender should give him some leeway. I feel like the at bats that went to Jay Bruce are what Andujar really could have used. Or just wait for a Judge/Stanton injury.

Edited by Jericho
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 10:55 AM, Jericho said:

It's possible, but Andujar is such a bad fielder that I'm not sure he gets much run there. Frazier also seems to be more of a victim of a .176 BABIP than anything. His other numbers seem fine and being a much better defender should give him some leeway. I feel like the at bats that went to Jay Bruce are what Andujar really could have used. Or just wait for a Judge/Stanton injury.

No dog in this fight, but Yankees won't allow Frazier to work through this funk. Either they believe in him and need to let him fight through it, or maybe they should just trade him. The way the Yankees have handled this guy is pretty sad. The dude was bad at defense, so he went and got better. The dude was "not good with the media" and showed up last year with an incredibly mature approach. This entire situation is stupid. I have no dog in this fight as I said, Clint is not on my fantasy teams and I am no Yankee fan one way or the other, but the situation with him is mind boggling. 

Look at all the guys playing horribly getting chances. Kyle Tucker struggled forever with Houston, but they stuck with him and now he's starting to rake. Other guys same thing. Clint Frazier goes 0-4 and he's stuck in the closet with mothballs. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

He's 7 for his last 24 (.292) with a pair of homers and starting in LF with some 1B mixed in.   The Yanks have lost Hicks for the year and many of the OF options tend to miss time.   Is there anything to see here?   

He was a very good hitter in 2018 before the shoulder injury, and he has a very good minor league track record as a hitter.  

Edited by dicka24
Just now, dicka24 said:

He's 7 for his last 24 (.292) with a pair of homers and starting in LF with some 1B mixed in.   The Yanks have lost Hicks for the year and many of the OF options tend to miss time.   Is there anything to see here?   

im very tempted.  hes still 25 or 26 yrs old and it wasnt long ago he hit 297 with 27 dongs and like 50 doubles....he just doesnt walk much

3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

im very tempted.  hes still 25 or 26 yrs old and it wasnt long ago he hit 297 with 27 dongs and like 50 doubles....he just doesnt walk much

He hit .298 in AA and .320 in AAA so the bat has always been good.  I just wonder about consistent PT going forward.  Still, a bat like this (assuming he's back to his 2018 self) is hard to come by on the wire at this time of year.  I lost Ozuna so I may have to take the flyer here.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

He hit .298 in AA and .320 in AAA so the bat has always been good.  I just wonder about consistent PT going forward.  Still, a bat like this (assuming he's back to his 2018 self) is hard to come by on the wire at this time of year.  I lost Ozuna so I may have to take the flyer here.

same on ozuna, i just added andujar....with voit out and gardner just awful, i think youll see a lot of andujar.  hell even get some DH reps when Stanton sits

Second walk yesterday!!! Can’t believe I’m saying this after just 2 walks lol but for someone who never walks together with his playing time increasing (and his bat responding), might turn out to be one of the waiver wire steals of the season.