NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miguel Andujar 2021 Outlook

33 minutes ago, Brujan said:

Second walk yesterday!!! Can’t believe I’m saying this after just 2 walks lol but for someone who never walks together with his playing time increasing (and his bat responding), might turn out to be one of the waiver wire steals of the season. 

The guy has barely played at all in 2 and a half years.  I know he was never going to be a massive walks guy, but is it fair to say his eye may have needed time to adjust with such a long layoff?

I think he will be a fine player this season in deep leagues..  He had an amazing rookie season obviously.  Injuries will likely be often with this team.  Regardless the playing time should be there.   I could see him settling in the 7 spot which isn't great but not horrible.

11 minutes ago, B&F said:

I think he will be a fine player this season in deep leagues..  He had an amazing rookie season obviously.  Injuries will likely be often with this team.  Regardless the playing time should be there.   I could see him settling in the 7 spot which isn't great but not horrible.

i could see him hitting 5th tbh....id prefer him over sanchez in that spot.  makes way more contact (doesnt walk) and hits a ton of doubles and has 30 hr pop

47 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

i could see him hitting 5th tbh....id prefer him over sanchez in that spot.  makes way more contact (doesnt walk) and hits a ton of doubles and has 30 hr pop

Isn't his defense atrocious in the OF and a third?  Any indication that this will limit his playing time?

On 6/11/2021 at 2:43 PM, Cesare13 said:

Isn't his defense atrocious in the OF and a third?  Any indication that this will limit his playing time?

hes good in LF

3 hours ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

The question is, is he going to continue playing every day? 

I wouldn't go as far as to say he's good in LF, but he looks good enough/better than at 3B. Also seems to be putting together good AB's, it looks like he will play regularly.

3 hours ago, jbaix12 said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say he's good in LF, but he looks good enough/better than at 3B. Also seems to be putting together good AB's, it looks like he will play regularly.

Yeah, his defense is not an issue in left - more importantly, he’s not stressing about it the way he did while at the hot corner.  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...