NBC Sports Edge Forums

5 keepers to start new dynasty draft, help please

New dynasty, 12 teams h2h, standard 7x7 cats

This dynasty is based on a city, I got the Dodgers, and before the draft, we can keep 5. Then after the draft we have to maintain at least 5 at all times. 

I draft 5th overall, so one that I know will be there would be tatis,(no one has san Diego)  but I think he'll be gone before it gets to me. 

My main question is who do I keep outside of the obvious, Betts, bellinger and Buehler. 

The next, not so obvious would be Kershaw, seager, may, urias, price, muncy...

What other 2 would you keep? I was thinking seager should be 1, but if I could snag tatis at 5th, then I'd grab someone else

Thanks

9 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

Seager 

Kershaw

You'll be competing first year so Kershaw is a solid keep.Muncy a possibility in Yahoo with 3 pos. eligibility but 2 top SP hard to beat prior to draft.

If Tatis slides to 5,league likely a one and done.

• Like 1

Seagar shouldn’t even be in question.  He’s your fourth keeper.  I like Kershaw but if you think this dynasty has long term legs then forget that.  You can easily draft him later.  The next choices are from Lux, Urias, and Smith.  Lux is out cuz he hasn’t shown enough.  Tough call between Urias and Smith.  I’d have to go Smith as he is a potentially unique catcher who can really hit.  But stellar young pitching is also hard to give away.  You aren’t wrong with either choice.  

Edited by Smacdaddy