NBC Sports Edge Forums

Why anyone would even offer a 1st round pick point is beyond me. Colts and Bears are mentioned below. The Colts in particular are an interesting landing spot. If he signs with the Bears - stick a fork in him.

• Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane reports the Eagles are "getting closer to trading" Carson Wentz.

This confirms reports from NFL Network and ESPN. Teams are making "aggressive offers" to the Eagles currently, and Wentz "wants to move on" from the organization that opted to draft his eventual replacement (Jalen Hurts) instead of adding more help in last year's draft. Philly will be taking on $33.8 million in dead money by trading him, but the relationship may be too fractured to keep him inside the building. The asking price is what's delaying a trade right now. McLane believes GM Howie Roseman is "probably" searching for multiple first-round picks after seeing what Matthew Stafford was traded for. It's unclear how many teams would be willing to give up even one first-round pick after Wentz finished 31st out of 32 quarterbacks in passing EPA per dropback, but the Colts and Bears are potential suitors. Both teams were involved in Stafford talks and currently sit outside of rookie quarterback striking distance.

Feb 5, 2021, 7:12 PM ET

•  
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it's a 'bidding war' between the Bears and Colts, then we know which is the more stupid team and where he's headed.  Hell, the Bears are probably bidding against themselves and no one else right no

Touche.   Cam had a few good seasons but it was his running threat that allowed him to be able to pass for those stats. When his rushing started to give out he didn’t have the arm to prolong

There's no one credible actually backing up this rumor, so I'm taking it with a large grain of salt.  My favorite thing about the rumor is just how much both Bears and Eagles fans absolutely hate

The Colts wouldnt part with a 1st rounder for Stafford but will for Wentz, don't see that happening. Phillys pushing this story not the Colts. If he does go to the Colts i would expect him to improve with a better WR group run game and o-line but not back to pre injury levels. Would not draft in fantasy

• Like 2
13 hours ago, NInsko said:

The Colts wouldnt part with a 1st rounder for Stafford but will for Wentz, don't see that happening. Phillys pushing this story not the Colts. If he does go to the Colts i would expect him to improve with a better WR group run game and o-line but not back to pre injury levels. Would not draft in fantasy

Watch the Bears give up multiple firsts for Wentz. That would be such a Bears thing to do. Mortgage even more draft capital into Mitch 2.0.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

he ain’t wrong. Most in the NFL are happy.

let’s go Indy. He looked like an MVP with Frank Reich as OC.

Again with the plantation mindset 💀

If Indy didn't pay a 1st for Stafford I would laugh if they did for Wentz.

If it's a 'bidding war' between the Bears and Colts, then we know which is the more stupid team and where he's headed.  Hell, the Bears are probably bidding against themselves and no one else right now. 

• Haha 5

I don't see why a bunch of QB needy teams in the NFL don't at least pursue the thought of trading for him. He played like an MVP a couple years ago. He needs a change of scenery.

19 minutes ago, devaster said:

I don't see why a bunch of QB needy teams in the NFL don't at least pursue the thought of trading for him. He played like an MVP a couple years ago. He needs a change of scenery.

He needs Frank Reich. if he goes to the Bears he will suck. 

Just now, FavreCo said:

He needs Frank Reich. if he goes to the Bears he will suck. 

Who knows. Trubisky sucked and that wasn't the fault of the coaching staff. Pederson and Nagy both were under Reid.

"As of 30 mins ago the #Bears have the top offer out for Carson Wentz. Unless another team comes over the top Wentz will be headed to Chicago. Bigger offer than most have expected. Bidding war will do that."

Translation:  The Bears are the only team to have put an offer on the table for Wentz.  Please, someone, anyone, make us a second offer. 

https://twitter.com/BRobNFL/status/1357764256398270466?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1357764256398270466|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-28430611082348821778.ampproject.net%2F2101230412005%2Fframe.html

1 hour ago, jumper said:

"As of 30 mins ago the #Bears have the top offer out for Carson Wentz. Unless another team comes over the top Wentz will be headed to Chicago. Bigger offer than most have expected. Bidding war will do that."

Translation:  The Bears are the only team to have put an offer on the table for Wentz.  Please, someone, anyone, make us a second offer. 

https://twitter.com/BRobNFL/status/1357764256398270466?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1357764256398270466|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-28430611082348821778.ampproject.net%2F2101230412005%2Fframe.html

As a Bears fan. This is a living nightmare.

48 minutes ago, kdko said:

There's no one credible actually backing up this rumor, so I'm taking it with a large grain of salt. 

My favorite thing about the rumor is just how much both Bears and Eagles fans absolutely hate it, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
50 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

There's no one credible actually backing up this rumor, so I'm taking it with a large grain of salt. 

My favorite thing about the rumor is just how much both Bears and Eagles fans absolutely hate it, lol. 

I should have added (FWIW) to the post.  That's probably the most fair deal either side is going to get with these players involved, lol.

Is Wentz really an upgrade over Trubisky?  Seems like a waste of draft picks to get him.  Plus Eagles are desperate to offload him.  The market has to be small.  Eagles are not going to get much.  The other thing going on here is the Eagles are dumping Wentz at his lowest value point.  He had a bad season last year (last couple seasons) and has been injured.  Not a lot of appeal here....possible potential, but Wentz still has that Foles Super Bowl hanging over him too. Whether it be Foles or Hurts the Eagles have been a better team with Wentz on the bench.

2 hours ago, StuPitt said:

Is Wentz really an upgrade over Trubisky?  Seems like a waste of draft picks to get him.  Plus Eagles are desperate to offload him.  The market has to be small.  Eagles are not going to get much.  The other thing going on here is the Eagles are dumping Wentz at his lowest value point.  He had a bad season last year (last couple seasons) and has been injured.  Not a lot of appeal here....possible potential, but Wentz still has that Foles Super Bowl hanging over him too. Whether it be Foles or Hurts the Eagles have been a better team with Wentz on the bench.

Trubisky never approached an MVP-candidate season. Wentz would have won the MVP in 2017 if not for the injury. Players have been dumped at their lowest plenty of times. It is a good buy-low for other teams. I really would not be surprised if more than 3 or 4 teams were interested in trying to coach Wentz back to his MVP-level season. The Colts make the most sense to me, but who knows.

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

I definitely feel that he ends up on the Colts. Reich is probably going to be pushing hard for it to happen and Irsay won't let them get outbid.

It a huge difference in fantasy value IMO....Colts with that coaching staff and OL is a great set up for Wentz to succeed....Chicago not so much.  

3 hours ago, devaster said:

Trubisky never approached an MVP-candidate season. Wentz would have won the MVP in 2017 if not for the injury. Players have been dumped at their lowest plenty of times. It is a good buy-low for other teams. I really would not be surprised if more than 3 or 4 teams were interested in trying to coach Wentz back to his MVP-level season. The Colts make the most sense to me, but who knows.

The fact that Wentz’s team won the SB with his backup in 2017 shows that he was not even close to playing at an MVP level. He clearly wasn’t particularly valuable at all to the team that season.

Trubisky amd Wentz are about equal. I’d give the edge to Trubisky though due to his mobility.