NBC Sports Edge Forums

13 minutes ago, NInsko said:

Its hard to tell if you actually think Wentz is good or just like to be a contrarian.. I agree with mjj28s point of view for the most part as he made a few excellent posts explaining his point of view. You basically called him illogical while twisting his words.. very deceptive and underhanded imo 

I doubt the Eagles would have drafted Hurts in the 2nd round had they thought Wentz was the long term answer nor would they have benched Wentz down the stretch if they planned to start him 2021.

What i saw last yr and the yr before was a dude who got paid and his production declined, there are many cases of this add in the list of injuries and he just doesnt seem that good. Yes he played at a mvp level for  10-13 games in 2017 but besides that  hes only had one other winning season in his 5 yrs in philly and has only played 16 games twice in 5 yrs also.. he just not that good. As a Colts fan id rather anybody else.

I’ll clear it up then: I think Wentz is good, and certainly much better than he showed in 2020. But I don’t mind being contrarian when I have an opinion that happens to be contrary to another’s opinion - if we all just expressed the same views, there wouldn’t be much discussion on this discussion forum.

I didn’t twist anyone’s words - just sought to understand the poster’s rationale.  There’s really no need to call me names on account of it.

Both other posters and I listed many of the reasons Wentz’s performance suffered this year - do you disagree that those are valid or relevant to the discussion of Wentz’s 2020 production?

I’ll conclude by saying I respect your opinion, even though I disagree with you.  As a consolation I would just add that you will most likely get your wish with respect to your team’s next QB.

Edited by BMcP
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it's a 'bidding war' between the Bears and Colts, then we know which is the more stupid team and where he's headed.  Hell, the Bears are probably bidding against themselves and no one else right no

Touche.   Cam had a few good seasons but it was his running threat that allowed him to be able to pass for those stats. When his rushing started to give out he didn’t have the arm to prolong

There's no one credible actually backing up this rumor, so I'm taking it with a large grain of salt.  My favorite thing about the rumor is just how much both Bears and Eagles fans absolutely hate

19 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I’ll clear it up then: I think Wentz is good, and certainly much better than he showed in 2020. But I don’t mind being contrarian when I have an opinion that happens to be contrary to another’s opinion - if we all just expressed the same views, there wouldn’t be much discussion on this discussion forum.

I didn’t twist anyone’s words - just sought to understand the poster’s rationale.  There’s really no need to call me names on account of it.

Both other posters and I listed many of the reasons Wentz’s performance suffered this year - do you disagree that those are valid or relevant to the discussion of Wentz’s 2020 production?

I’ll conclude by saying I respect your opinion, even though I disagree with you.  As a consolation I would just add that you will most likely get your wish with respect to your team’s QB.

maybe I overstepped a little, appologies. 

Mjj28s points seemed clear to me and i thought your example was disingenous in essense calling him illogical.

I get people have differing opinions but when you twisted his example it just seemed to ME that you were doing so on purpose to " win" the argument which i found underhanded. I guess i was wrong once again my appologies. 

I 100% respect your opinion aswell as i have read many of your posts in many other threads throughout the yrs and generally agree with you just not this one i guess. No hard feelings pal nothing personal. 

Edited by NInsko
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, NInsko said:

maybe I overstepped a little, appologies. 

Mjj28s points seemed clear to me and i thought your example was disingenous in essense calling him illogical.

I get people have differing opinions but when you twisted his example it just seemed to ME that you were doing so on purpose to " win" the argument which i found underhanded. I guess i was wrong once again my appologies. 

I 100% respect your opinion aswell as i have read many of your posts in many other threads throughout the yrs and generally agree with you just not this one i guess. No hard feelings pal nothing personal. 

None taken - and I highly appreciate the kind words!  And if I inadvertently caused offense, to MJJ or anyone else for that matter, I also sincerely apologize.  I promise I wouldn’t seek out conversation here if I didn’t truly believe it was the best spot going to share opinions and gain valuable insights!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BMcP said:

None taken - and I highly appreciate the kind words!  And if I inadvertently caused offense, to MJJ or anyone else for that matter, I also sincerely apologize.  I promise I wouldn’t seek out conversation here if I didn’t truly believe it was the best spot going to share opinions and gain valuable insights!

Agreed this place is awesome.. you and cleats are the og posters i know a few others, great minds and great opinions.

Im obviously biased in this particular case as hes mainly been connected the Colts. I do think he will improve there im just not a fan and never have been. 

• Like 1
On 2/11/2021 at 8:21 AM, smeeze said:

The Bears already declined his 5th year option (last May). 5th year options have to be accepted/declined before the 4th year. Trashbinsky is a UFA.

I realize that.  The point is The Bears can still  resign him for money (less than what Wentz made) and not have to give up high draft picks to get him.  So why go after Wentz?  In my opinion, I don't think Wentz is any better than Trubisky. He is too risky.  Heck, Bears can sign Winston who is better and not have to give up draft picks either.  Eagles need to lower their price.

The Athletic's Zak Keefer reports NFL teams are "showing over the last week that they're not gonna budge on the Eagles' very, very steep initial offer" for Carson Wentz. 

Keefer named the Colts and implied other teams are in the market for Wentz, who is certainly on his way out of Philadelphia. The Bears have reportedly shown interest in acquiring Wentz, but even a QB-hungry team like Chicago seems unwilling to pay a premium for Wentz. The Eagles reportedly don't want to give up Wentz for less than the Lions got from the Rams for Matthew Stafford -- namely, a 2021 third-round pick, a 2022 first-round pick, and a 2023 first-round pick. Wentz's total debacle of a 2020 campaign complicates things for Philadephia. The Wentz trade rumors could persist for weeks -- or months -- unless the Eagles budge. 

Feb 12, 2021, 11:27 AM ET
4 hours ago, The G Man said:

The Athletic's Zak Keefer reports NFL teams are "showing over the last week that they're not gonna budge on the Eagles' very, very steep initial offer" for Carson Wentz. 

Keefer named the Colts and implied other teams are in the market for Wentz, who is certainly on his way out of Philadelphia. The Bears have reportedly shown interest in acquiring Wentz, but even a QB-hungry team like Chicago seems unwilling to pay a premium for Wentz. The Eagles reportedly don't want to give up Wentz for less than the Lions got from the Rams for Matthew Stafford -- namely, a 2021 third-round pick, a 2022 first-round pick, and a 2023 first-round pick. Wentz's total debacle of a 2020 campaign complicates things for Philadephia. The Wentz trade rumors could persist for weeks -- or months -- unless the Eagles budge. 

Feb 12, 2021, 11:27 AM ET

Don't blame 'em either.  

NFL analyst Ron Jaworski reports the Colts have offered "two second-round draft picks" for Carson Wentz.

It's the best offer the Eagles have for Wentz. The Eagles are holding out for a Matthew Stafford type deal, but that's not going to happen. Teams have been unwilling to even offer a late first-round pick for Wentz. The Wentz market has cooled in recent weeks, with Chicago reportedly losing interest. Philly is going to have to come off its asking price to trade Wentz this offseason.

Feb 13, 2021, 11:36 AM ET
10 minutes ago, The G Man said:

NFL analyst Ron Jaworski reports the Colts have offered "two second-round draft picks" for Carson Wentz.

It's the best offer the Eagles have for Wentz. The Eagles are holding out for a Matthew Stafford type deal, but that's not going to happen. Teams have been unwilling to even offer a late first-round pick for Wentz. The Wentz market has cooled in recent weeks, with Chicago reportedly losing interest. Philly is going to have to come off its asking price to trade Wentz this offseason.

Feb 13, 2021, 11:36 AM ET

If I were the Eagles, I’ll see if I could package Wentz and Ertz to the Colts for a first and second. They seem to want to get rid of both guys anyway, might as well make it a package deal for a couple positions the Colts would otherwise probably spend draft couple on.

1 hour ago, jumper said:

If I were the Eagles, I’ll see if I could package Wentz and Ertz to the Colts for a first and second. They seem to want to get rid of both guys anyway, might as well make it a package deal for a couple positions the Colts would otherwise probably spend draft couple on.

Colts wouldn’t do it

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Joe Mama said:

Colts wouldn’t do it

They still have Brissett on the roster who is servicable.  Does Wentz really boost their team that much that they'd pay a 1st and pick up that contract for him?  I don't think so.

11 minutes ago, kdko said:

They still have Brissett on the roster who is servicable.  Does Wentz really boost their team that much that they'd pay a 1st and pick up that contract for him?  I don't think so.

Brissett is a Free Agent. 

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, kdko said:

Ahh, wasn't aware of that!

I don't think it would be hard at all for them to resign him. Giving up draft capital for a bum like Wentz is bad any way you slice it. Draft a rookie or go with cheaper options. I don't know how much truth there is to any of the rumors, but I hope the Colts aren't that dumb. 

I've been a Rollercoaster with Carson Wentz.

When he was drafted I thought he was overrated and unproven against small school competition.

He won me over.  As others have pointed out, it was in a near perfect offensive situation and Foles won the SB after he got hurt, but I still honestly thought until this season he was pretty good.

I think it is possible that he still might be and this was just a bad year.

Or maybe he is broken.  I don't have any idea anymore.

I'm still puzzled by this-  short of Eagles giving me a pick to take him, I'm not locking myself into a guy who was easily the league's most disappointing QB last season.  

I've beat this dead horse on at least one other thread, maybe two, but, outside of Watson, there is not another QB who is certainly available who is head and shoulders above the rest of the lot.   There should be no reason to give up something massive for any of these guys over signing Winston or Andy Dalton for low end starter money on a one year deal. 

7 minutes ago, kdko said:

If Russell and Watson is unhappy, you go all out trying to acquire those 2.  Not Wentz

0% chance the Texans trade Watson in the division so you can rule that one out right now. 

Wilson is much more doable but I think the chances of the Seahawks trading him are on the same level of the Packers trading Rogers.  

44 minutes ago, kdko said:

If Russell and Watson is unhappy, you go all out trying to acquire those 2.  Not Wentz

Indy has already offered two 2nd rounders for Wentz. Maybe they've reconsidered that deal, and if so then yeah then obviously they wouldn't be interested in this either.  But if they still would make that 2 x 2nd rounders trade for Wentz, an upgrade of one of those picks by a single round (to an offer already made for Wentz alone) could happen if it includes Ertz. Especially when TE is a 2021 need for the Colts (currently all they have is Jack Doyle, who is a cut candidate due to his $5.78mm cap hit). I'm not the Colts and who knows what they're thinking, but it's not like l'm proposing something super off the wall here (at least I don't think I am).  

• Like 1

Betcha Roseman wants two firsts, a 3rd, and a starting QB in return for Wentz.

That's what Detroit got for Stafford.  And Roseman probably thinks Wentz is better than Stafford, and therefore worth at least as much.

He's like that team manager in your fantasy league who comically overvalues his own players.

9 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Betcha Roseman wants two firsts, a 3rd, and a starting QB in return for Wentz.

That's what Detroit got for Stafford.  And Roseman probably thinks Wentz is better than Stafford, and therefore worth at least as much.

He's like that team manager in your fantasy league who comically overvalues his own players.

Yeah, the same manager who has a descending losing record who won't make a trade to save his season.  

On 2/13/2021 at 11:31 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

why?

1. Terrible value

2. need wr to replace TY or re-sign him.

3. Castonzo replacement.

4. RE-signing Q, Smith, and Leonard upcoming.

5. Pass rusher to replace Houston or re-sign.

6. Chris Ballard loves them picks.