NBC Sports Edge Forums

7 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Excellent for both sides.

Wentz will be fine with Reich and the Indy offense.

Excellent for the Colts and for your Jalen Hurts. For Philly as a team it's the best they could get now but I would hesitate to call it "excellent". It's of course a defeat if this is the most you can get for your former star QB.

• Like 1
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the Colts know Wentz will collapse into himself like a dying star and form a black hole if that were to happen.

If it's a 'bidding war' between the Bears and Colts, then we know which is the more stupid team and where he's headed.  Hell, the Bears are probably bidding against themselves and no one else right no

I would just add they lost both their projected starting LT and RG before the season started, and ended up having 11 different linemen play significant snaps.

8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Excellent for the Colts and for your Jalen Hurts. For Philly as a team it's the best they could get now but I would hesitate to call it "excellent". It's of course a defeat if this is the most you can get for your former star QB.

I guess it depends who they draft, eh?

i mean, King Henry was a 2nd round pick. 🤷‍♂️

Stupid move by the Colts. He can't stay healthy and sucks when he is. Anyone thinking Reich can do some kind of horse whisperer thing to magically restore Wentz is kidding themselves. All they did was piss away two good draft picks (including a #1 possibly) and get years of frustration for a guy who has a lotto ticket's chance of winning them a SB or even coming close. They should've thrown Eason in the fire and seen what he has. If he sucks, you have a high draft pick next year to get your QB of the future. It literally cost them a lot, but Eagles got more than they should have in draft picks and they can move on to Hurts who has more upside. Win for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, bomont said:

Stupid move by the Colts. He can't stay healthy and sucks when he is. Anyone thinking Reich can do some kind of horse whisperer thing to magically restore Wentz is kidding themselves. All they did was piss away two good draft picks (including a #1 possibly) and get years of frustration for a guy who has a lotto ticket's chance of winning them a SB or even coming close. They should've thrown Eason in the fire and seen what he has. If he sucks, you have a high draft pick next year to get your QB of the future. It literally cost them a lot, but Eagles got more than they should have in draft picks and they can move on to Hurts who has more upside. Win for them.

Eason dynasty owner in a 2 QB league?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, bomont said:

This is ridiculous with all due respect. Wentz is still young, He has a new start, He showed something - more than could be said for countless peers of his.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, BMcP said:

I’m sorry, Ninsko - looks like I was wrong about his destination.  Hopefully, though, I’m right that he’s better than many think!

My reaction was "awww man". The move seemed inevitable though and a 3rd and 2nd isnt much.. stil not a fan though seems like at best a lateral move at QB and I didnt think they were winning a SB with Rivers. 

Ballard has been a great GM so far and knows better than me. 

FantasyWise im not drafting. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, bomont said:

The Colts roster is built to win now.  And they have had Eason "in their building" for a year now so they pretty much know where Eason is as far as being ready.  I thought they might ride with Eason in 2021 but I guess not. 

Although, with Wentz's recent injury history, we may still see Eason at some point in 2021.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Wonder if this means they get Ertz too now.

I think the reason they haven’t yet is Roseman knows there are actually other suitors for him.

• Like 1

Should've just kept Rivers if this scrub was the best they could get to replace him

This is a fleece for the Eagles but because of the way the two franchises' FOs are seen (not entirely unfair but still) it'll be called a win for the Colts

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Should've just kept Rivers if this scrub was the best they could get to replace him

This is a fleece for the Eagles but because of the way the two franchises' FOs are seen (not entirely unfair but still) it'll be called a win for the Colts

Rivers retired.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Rivers retired.

There were some rumblings that the Colts didn't want him back/were planning to move on and he opted for retirement than moving again but yeah it may have been out of their control too

1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

Yea, how the Eagles managed to con the Colts into thinking Wentz has any positive value, let alone a first and third round pick, is beyond me. Wentz on the contract he’s on is a net negative, the Eagles should have been the one’s paying up to get Wentz off the books.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

"There were some rumblings that the Colts didn't want him back/were planning to move on and he opted for retirement than moving again but yeah it may have been out of their control too."

If you're right that would tend to speak more to the organization's level of confidence. If they didn't have to go fish around for a guy, that they chose Wentz over Rivers, that says more not less.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Yea, how the Eagles managed to con the Colts into thinking Wentz has any positive value, let alone a first and third round pick, is beyond me. Wentz on the contract he’s on is a net negative, the Eagles should have been the one’s paying up to get Wentz off the books.

Wentz had an MVP caliber season with Frank Reich as his OC.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Wentz had an MVP caliber season with Frank Reich as his OC.

Cam Newton had an even better season with Ron Rivera as his HC. WFT should sign him as their starter. He's an MVP after all

Am I doing this right?

Edited by mocha4313
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Cam Newton had an even better season with Ron Rivera as his HC. WFT should sign him as their starter. He's an MVP after all

Am I doing this right?

no, you aren’t. Cam was a running QB who never had a good arm and predictably flopped.

Wentz had 14 different starting Olines last year now he gets one of the best olines in the NFL. 

i wouldn’t let your personal biases blind you to being objective about his value going forward.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I wouldn’t let your personal biases blind you to being objective

jZVOXI7.gif

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Cam was a running QB who never had a good arm and predictably flopped.

Cam in 2015 had 3800 yds with 35/10, and completion around 60% and QB rating 99. Wentz in his 13 games had 60% and QB rating 101, for 3300/33/7. I mean that's better, but not as much as you make it out to be.

In any case, I agree it's a good move for the Colts. If it doesn't work out they don't risk too much, if it dies they look like geniuses (genii).

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

jZVOXI7.gif

Cam in 2015 had 3800 yds with 35/10, and completion around 60% and QB rating 99. Wentz in his 13 games had 60% and QB rating 101, for 3300/33/7. I mean that's better, but not as much as you make it out to be.

In any case, I agree it's a good move for the Colts. If it doesn't work out they don't risk too much, if it dies they look like geniuses (genii).

Touche.

Cam had a few good seasons but it was his running threat that allowed him to be able to pass for those stats. When his rushing started to give out he didn’t have the arm to prolong his career as we witnessed last season in New England. I think Wentz is a more cerebral QB hooking back up with the guy he had the most success with (Frank Reich) and most importantly a top 3 OLine in the NFL. A top notch Oline will make an average QB look good and will make a good QB look elite.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Cherry picking rumors is a bad look. It's absolutely a win for the Colts and I'm a Colts fan who isn't even a Wentz fan. Eagles quarterbacks were sacked 65 times last year.....Wentz was sacked 50 times in 12 games. Rivers took less than 20 on the season and was on one leg for the last 5 games lol. If the Iggles wanted to win this trade they should've added a stipulation that Ballard and the Colts have to make the 2 picks for them. I don't think wentz will be competing for MVP's, but 4000 yards, a 64%comp pct and making the Colts more dangerous in the red zone is easily worth a 23-30 in 2022.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Ricky Bobby said:

Cherry picking rumors is a bad look. It's absolutely a win for the Colts and I'm a Colts fan who isn't even a Wentz fan. Eagles quarterbacks were sacked 65 times last year.....Wentz was sacked 50 times in 12 games. Rivers took less than 20 on the season and was on one leg for the last 5 games lol. If the Iggles wanted to win this trade they should've added a stipulation that Ballard and the Colts have to make the 2 picks for them. I don't think wentz will be competing for MVP's, but 4000 yards, a 64%comp pct and making the Colts more dangerous in the red zone is easily worth a 23-30 in 2022.

I would go back and watch more of the Eagles last year. As analytics get more integrated into the game, it's more and more clear that sacks are to some extent at least a QB stat (QB sack rates don't dramatically change when they move teams) and Wentz's pocket presence/ability to evade pressure bottomed out last year while Rivers has one of the quickest releases in football. Pressures are a far better indication of OL play outside of QB impact

That said I'm not ruling out that Wentz can return to 2019 levels--just don't think the off chance of that is worth a 1st+ (and it will be a 1st+ unless he and the Colts are absolutely atrocious)

17 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

no, you aren’t. Cam was a running QB who never had a good arm and predictably flopped.

Wentz had 14 different starting Olines last year now he gets one of the best olines in the NFL. 

i wouldn’t let your personal biases blind you to being objective about his value going forward.

That Wentz was a different player altogether. His mobility is shot, his work ethic/leadership/coachability shoddy (rumor yes but these rumors have been coming out since 2019--there isn't that much smoke without fire) and a lot of the mechanical bugs he had even when he was good are now far, far worse

So yeah--I don't really see much reason Frank Reich is going to turn the 32nd best QB in the NFL from last year into an MVP

17 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

I would go back and watch more of the Eagles last year. As analytics get more integrated into the game, it's more and more clear that sacks are to some extent at least a QB stat (QB sack rates don't dramatically change when they move teams) and Wentz's pocket presence/ability to evade pressure bottomed out last year while Rivers has one of the quickest releases in football. Pressures are a far better indication of OL play outside of QB impact

That said I'm not ruling out that Wentz can return to 2019 levels--just don't think the off chance of that is worth a 1st+ (and it will be a 1st+ unless he and the Colts are absolutely atrocious)

That Wentz was a different player altogether. His mobility is shot, his work ethic/leadership/coachability shoddy (rumor yes but these rumors have been coming out since 2019--there isn't that much smoke without fire) and a lot of the mechanical bugs he had even when he was good are now far, far worse

So yeah--I don't really see much reason Frank Reich is going to turn the 32nd best QB in the NFL from last year into an MVP

the last time Wentz played for Frank Reich and had receivers with a pulse he did this:

• Like 1